Windows 10: BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost.

Discus and support BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Before I get going, here are the specs; CPU: i7-7700k MB: Asus Z270-AR GPU: Asus GTX1070 OC 8GB RAM: 2 x GSkill Trident Z 8GB HDD: Samsung 850 EVO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xekushnr, Feb 7, 2019.

1. xekushnr Win User

BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost.

Before I get going, here are the specs;

CPU: i7-7700k
    MB: Asus Z270-AR
    GPU: Asus GTX1070 OC 8GB
    RAM: 2 x GSkill Trident Z 8GB
    HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W

All parts were purchased new ~20 months ago. This started last Thursday. On Wednesday I updated my graphics driver, restarted, gamed for about three hours with no problems. Thursday I went to use the computer after work and within a few minutes in Windows it BSODs. This has continued till now and the computer is unusable. The code it gives me is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (big help there) but when I view the crash logs it comes up with bug check 0x124 with hal.dll, ntoskrnl.dll and pshed.dll crashing.

It does run in safe mode. I have had it run in safe mode for hours with no issue.

The computer is not overclocked.

Here's what I have done;

GPU: Uninstalled drivers, removed from computer and plugged HDMI into motherboard. Issue persists. Observed fans running. Installed newest driver from Asus.

MB: Observed voltages in BIOS. All slightly over stated voltages. Upgraded BIOS to current version. Reset all settings to default. Verified no overclock. Visually checked board, looks fine. Reseated all connections.

RAM: Tested one stick at a time, issue persisted. Ran Memtest86 for 3-4 hours, no errors, passed fine. Tried sticks in slots 2 and 4 (was originally in 1 and 3)

HDD: Ran check disk, no errors. Swapped in another drive. Issue persisted. Formatted and reinstalled Win10. Issue persisted

OS: Tried Windows reset feature. Think it's supposed to reset OS to what it was like when first installed. Issue persisted. Formatted and did a fresh install.

CPU: Only part with a replacement plan, so I brought it to Micro Center. They loaded it up in Windows and ran Prime95 for ~45 minutes and said it worked flawlessly. I ran the Intel tool here and it passed that as well.

PSU: Unplugged every connection and replugged. Checked voltages in BIOS, all were a bit over the stated voltage.

Every part has been physically checked for damage. Every component has been reseated in the motherboard and every harness pulled and reinserted. The entire computer and every component has been blasted out with air.

When I checked the drivers in the verifier utility, I noticed rspndr.sys was marked as for an older version; I copied a new one from my Windows 10 CD and now I get no blue screen, just black and a restart.

I'm at wits end here, please help!

:)

xekushnr, Feb 7, 2019

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Recently in the past few months (once in a month or two) I've been getting random BSOD's with the same code which is 0x124.

When I first got it, I did a bit of research, and it seems to be caused by heating issue as it seems to be from me OC-ing my CPU, which is what I recently did with my i5 2500K (OC-ed it to 4.5 GHz on air cooling with CM Hyper 212+), and so I listened to the suggestions and lowered (or increased , can't remember exactly) VCore and reduced the clock speeds and I thought my problem was gone.

A month or two later the same problem appeared out of nowhere, and that time I decided to clean my PC from all the dust and debris which gathered inside while resetting my CPU clock and VCore back to normal. A day or two after that no BSOD's appeared, so then I decided to OC my CPU again back to 4.5 GHz and stress test it to see if the problem will appear again. After doing all of that, no problem was appearing and the stress test was successful so I thought I was ok and that everything was normal.

Fast forward a month (and a half maybe?) today and the problem appeared for the third time out of nowhere, and I honestly have no idea what is causing this, so I came for help here if you folk would have any suggestions on what might cause this issue.

I'd like to mention that the first time the problem appeared, nothing was running in the background of my PC and I was only playing Witcher 3, a game which I'm pretty sure is more GPU intensive than CPU.

The second time it appeared, again nothing was running in the background and I was only watching a youtube video.

The third time that it appeared today, was out of my sight because I left my Origin to download my Battlefield 3 and when I came back from my friend, I saw my screen stuck on BSOD.

If anyone might know what causes this issue, please help.
    If you guys wish any more information just ask,
    also here is current statistic of my PC printed from CPUID HWMonitor:
    http://i.imgur.com/3aeULDW.jpg

I'm sorry for the long post, but I thought that I should be as detailed as possible.

Thanks.

By the way, these are the only things I got from my dump report (using WhoCrashed)

gamingmonkey, Feb 7, 2019
  4. BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost.

IT Guy Viki, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost.

1. BSOD, bug check 0x124. Tested parts, completely lost. - Similar Threads - BSOD bug check

2. BSOD 0x124

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x124: BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR last 5 days i have 5 BSODs - last three - after installing Windows 11, previous 2 - on Windows 10Memtest 5 and memtest86 have no errors; cpu-z and aida64 and linx have no errors with CPU, temps 45~ without stress, 80~ with stress; maximum...
  3. BSOD 0x124

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 0x124: BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR last 5 days i have 5 BSODs - last three - after installing Windows 11, previous 2 - on Windows 10Memtest 5 and memtest86 have no errors; cpu-z and aida64 and linx have no errors with CPU, temps 45~ without stress, 80~ with stress; maximum...
  4. BSOD Bug Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Bug Check: Hello,i got for the first time a bluescreen and now im a bit worried what just happend if something is broke:i played valorant some time, and after that i closed the game and played one fall guys match, i also closed after that fall guys and instanly got a bluescreen.Here:For...
  5. Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Hello, I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 home 64-bit and updated all my drivers. I've been getting error #132 fatal exceptions while playing world of warcraft seemingly randomly. I've had 47 in the last 30 days. Their tech support was unable to assist and after...
  6. BSOD 0x124

BSOD 0x124: Hi there, Last monday I got a BSOD with error code 0x124. I know this normally means a hardware problem (and sometimes maybe trouble with a driver). A few facts about my PC (which I build myself): - It is relatively new (7 weeks old) - MSI Z390 Ace, nVidia GTX 1080,...
  7. BSOD Bug Check

BSOD Bug Check: Ever since I installed the Windows 10 1903 update last 6/19/19 my Windows 10 Professional computer has started crashing seemingly at random and always displaying the same BSOD stopCode: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be) Before I installed the aforementioned update, I...
  8. BSOD randomly - 0x124

BSOD randomly - 0x124: hello *Smile well... thank you for the great forum i do really enjoy reading those tutorials and guide about the pc world I'am having bad time with my desktop trying to fix the BSOD problem so , it occurs randomly no specific time or period the thing is i was using my...
  9. Sudden BSOD loop 0x124

Sudden BSOD loop 0x124: Hello everyone I'm having a ton of ttrouble trying to find and answer to this. Suddenly my computer showed a BSOD, nothing out of the ordinary, but it is looping again and again showing rhe same error (whea error) (Using windows 10 btw). When trying to start from an usb...
  10. BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: i have had this error for like a month, tested all components on the Pc and none of them seems to be failing, so i started searching so i can figured out which component is failing according to minidump file according to minidump it say Genuine_Intel so i believe that was...
Tags: