Windows 10: BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

Discus and support BSOD - BugcheckCode 340 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Since about a week ago, my computer has been having random BSOD's and I can't really wrap my head around it. It happens when I'm playing games,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pinoken, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Pinoken Win User

BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

Hi,

Since about a week ago, my computer has been having random BSOD's and I can't really wrap my head around it.
    It happens when I'm playing games, but also when randomly browsing the internet.

I've uploaded the minidumps from the last 2 files to a Onedrive which you can find in the following link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlW55kmmmWbqkyLK2ToF-aURwFoo?e=qGWysj

I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what exactly is causing the issue. I don't want to replace my entire system if it could be solved by replacing a single component.

:)

Pinoken, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Liegrean Win User

Random Reboots - BugcheckCode 340

Hello,

Been finding computer had rebooted while I am away, but had thought it were updates. Found that instead there are mini dump files with a 340 BugcheckCode. It has been occurring randomly since 8/3/16, which shortly after I upgraded to the Anniversary Edition.

Thanks,

Josh

Liegrean, Dec 5, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD Kernel-Power 41, BugcheckCode 10

Hi LeLedg,

Welcome to 10Forums.

This will explain the lack of dumps.

BSOD - BugcheckCode 340 [​IMG]

There do not seem to be any other records about any crashes. For now, we have to wait until another crash occurs hoping it will save a dump file.

If you want to do something meanwhile, I would suggest to temporarily revert the overclock. Even though you have stress-tested the overclock to ensure stability, there's no way those tests guarantee stability in every possible situation.
    Whenever we suspect a hardware issue with the GPU or CPU, for example, we suggest the same (or similar) tests to test the stability but we are aware of the limits of those tests. To be sure the overclock is not causing any problems, regardless of the tests it's been put through, I suggest reverting the overclock while troubleshooting.

axe0, Dec 5, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

axe0, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

1. BSOD - BugcheckCode 340 - Similar Threads - BSOD BugcheckCode 340

2. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheckcode 340 & 26: Lately my computer has been randomly saying an error has occurred and is going to restart and noticed files are starting to disappear. I have included screen shots of the critical errors shown in event viewer. Guessing it’s a sign that my hard drive is in need of replacing?...
  3. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheckcode 340 & 26: Lately my computer has been randomly saying an error has occurred and is going to restart and noticed files are starting to disappear. I have included screen shots of the critical errors shown in event viewer. Guessing it’s a sign that my hard drive is in need of replacing?...
  4. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - BugcheckCode 340: Hello,My computer crashes sporadically all of a sudden.Can someone help me to solve why this is happening ? Latest DUMP file can be found here.Thanks in advance for any tips....
  6. BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - BugcheckCode 340: Hello,My computer crashes sporadically all of a sudden.Can someone help me to solve why this is happening ? Latest DUMP file can be found here.Thanks in advance for any tips....
  7. BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

8. BSOD - BugcheckCode 340

BSOD - BugcheckCode 340: Hi, can someone help me to solve why is my computer crashing all of a sudden? I didn't make any HW changes or install anything new but from 25.9. it keeps crashing a I don't know why. I tried few HDD test and every pass. Log from event viewer can be found here Thanks...
  9. BSOD randomly with bugcheckcode 340

BSOD randomly with bugcheckcode 340: My lenovo laptop (ideapad 720s i5-7300h 16G GTX1050MAX-Q) keep BSOD few times a week. Sometimes during use and sometimes during sleep. Have not found any pattern. The only thing I noted is when I play battlefield 1 the network disconnect constantly. Appreciated if somebody...
  10. Random Reboots - BugcheckCode 340

Random Reboots - BugcheckCode 340: Hello, Been finding computer had rebooted while I am away, but had thought it were updates. Found that instead there are mini dump files with a 340 BugcheckCode. It has been occurring randomly since 8/3/16, which shortly after I upgraded to the Anniversary Edition....