Windows 10: BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

Discus and support BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When my pc startup it shows me this directly:Unmountable Boot Volume ErrorIn most common tutorial from the web , we have to click into these page in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JaedenTai, May 27, 2023.

1. JaedenTai Win User

BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

When my pc startup it shows me this directly:Unmountable Boot Volume ErrorIn most common tutorial from the web , we have to click into these page in order to continue to fix the PCBut my PC doesn't show these at all, there is no any button let me to access to here.Is there anyway or keyboard shortcut to access to this page? Any help will be appreciated.

:)

JaedenTai, May 27, 2023

2. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 27, 2023
  3. biggieRSA Win User
    No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Sorry I know this is old but I have a similar problem there is only the shut off your PC option , when I try to access advanced option, whether through windows even holding down the shift key,

biggieRSA, May 27, 2023
  4. BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

Windows 11 BSODs Automatic Repair and advanced troubleshooting options failed

I have had no issues with my PC for the 2 months I owned it so far until yesterday when I froze in a game and crashed with Stop Code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After it automatically restarted I got a BSOD with Stop Code: REGISTRY ERROR. This BSOD restarted a couple times before sending me to automatic repair.

I tried to use every method in the troubleshooting menus other than a clean reinstall and none of them worked, which prevented me from even getting to the log in screen. I have important files on the hard drive that I have not backed up yet. How can I get my PC to boot back to normal again???

Here is what I have tried so far, and the errors each one gave:

• Power Cycle; power on without peripherals; remove motherboard CMOS battery and put it back in
      • Restarts with one REGISTRY ERROR BSOD and returns to Automatic Repair.
    • Continue: Exit and continue to Windows 11
      • Restarts with one REGISTRY ERROR BSOD and returns to Automatic Repair.
    • Startup Repair
      • "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC or "Shut Down" to turn off your PC. Log file: :\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"
    • Uninstall latest quality update
      • "If you're running into problems since installing the latest quality update, uninstalling might fix them. This won't affect your personal files, apps, or settings."
    • Uninstall latest feature update
      • "We ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest feature updates of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot > Reset this PC)"
    • Reset this PC (Keep my files option)
      • "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."
    • Startup Settings (and restart)
      • Restarts with one REGISTRY ERROR BSOD and returns to Automatic Repair, no access to Safe Mode
    • Command Prompt
      • I used the sfc/scannow command and got the message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
    • System Restore
      • "System Restore did not complete successfully, your computer's system files and settings were not changed."
      • "Details: An unspecified eror occurred during System Restore (0x80071a91)"
      • Restarts with one REGISTRY ERROR BSOD and returns to Automatic Repair when I click Close
    I would really need this computer back to normal since I only had it for such a short time and I have important files on it. Thank you in advance.

Ronald Tam1, May 27, 2023
Thema:

BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

1. BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu - Similar Threads - BSOD unable access

2. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  3. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options: Yeah the usual open close doesnt work.Any other ideas on how to?This is happening after a bad system config info error.For context my pc was freezing forcing me to reset to infinite loading,I had no idea and just hard reseted and it got into that point after like a few mins...
  4. Unable to open advanced troubleshooting options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu: When my pc startup it shows me this directly:Unmountable Boot Volume ErrorIn most common tutorial from the web , we have to click into these page in order to continue to fix the PCBut my PC doesn't show these at all, there is no any button let me to access to here.Is there...
  6. BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu: When my pc startup it shows me this directly:Unmountable Boot Volume ErrorIn most common tutorial from the web , we have to click into these page in order to continue to fix the PCBut my PC doesn't show these at all, there is no any button let me to access to here.Is there...
  7. No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!: I have a HP Pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 Enterprise. The Troubleshoot Option that should be under the 'Advanced Startup' Option is missing. Have tried multiple methods of getting to "Advanced Startup" display including Safe mode, 'shutdown /r /o', etc., but all result...
  8. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to access Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access Advanced Startup Options: While trying to access my BIOS, I was advised to enter Advanced Startup via Shift-Restart. However, doing so only takes me to a black screen. Cycling power allows my PC to boot into Windows normally. Any idea what could be causing this problem?...
  10. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings: Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART NOW.......there is NO SUB-MENU to choose USB BOOT, NO CD BOOT, no option to boot into UEFI...ETC....how do I fix???? 28657