Windows 10: BSOD — Cannot Access Windows 10

Discus and support BSOD — Cannot Access Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday, I was playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, when the program crashed. I mistakenly hit the "sleep" button on my keyboard, which seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by miza84, Sep 16, 2016.

1. miza84 Win User

BSOD — Cannot Access Windows 10

Yesterday, I was playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, when the program crashed. I mistakenly hit the "sleep" button on my keyboard, which seemed to shut everything down. When I tried to reactivate the computer, it took me a non-functioning Windows 10 screen devoid of clickable icons.

Unable to shut it down with the Start Menu, I shut it down manually. This time, it took me to a disk repair notice. Regrettably, I did not write down the data error. After a while, the computer shut down again, turned back on, and got stuck in a loading screen.

Currently, I can't get past the loading screen (the blue one with the dots circling around the center). Is there a way to fix this without rebooting Windows 10? Assuming I do have to reboot, how would I do that given that I can't access anything?

I am running Windows 10 on a Bootcamp emulator.

Thank you.

:)

miza84, Sep 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update Blue Screen Of Death

Thank you very much for your quick response. I cannot access the dump files through Windows because the system fails to boot. I cannot boot from the safe mode either. The system shows the same BSOD during the installation process. After the installer is
    done copying the necessary files and reboots to complete the installation the BSOD appears. I've tried to check if it was a hardware failure by inserting the ram and hard drive from another laptop. I was able to install Linux system to check the dump files
    but there is no minidump folder in windows folder. Is there a way to access the dump files using Linux?

StanislavPastushenko, Sep 16, 2016
  3. BSOD Error: Non_ Paged_Area on HP Touchsmart running Windows 10

Recently my PC was turned on to reveal the BSOD. It does NOT go anyfurther than that, just continually reboots over and over again, NON PAGED AREA is the error msg, and it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart, on a never ending loop until
    i physically hold the power button on the PC to turn it off, I have created a Bootable USB drive via microsoft website, it tries a little longer to boot, then goes to BSOD and starts the restart loop all over again.

Any suggestions as i am about to throw the PC out the window, and just a heads up, I cannot access recovery, i can only access setup bios and boot device manager, thats all, I have no access to anything else at all.

Cheers from Garry

Original title: Windows 10 BSOD on HP Touchsmart

GarryCheney, Sep 16, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi miza84,

You would need 3 boot failures to get to the troubleshooting options.
    From the troubleshooting options you need to go to the advanced troubleshooting options, there you can find a few options.
    In these options choose 'Startup repair', in most situation it will say that it couldn't repair or resolve the problem.
    Run startup repair up to 3 times with a reboot between each, then try to boot again and be patience please.

5. miza84 Win User
    Hmm, okay. I was able to access startup repair last night, and rebooted, but nothing happened. Worse, I couldn't get back into startup repair.

I'll give it another shot. If that doesn't work, I'll probably have to reinstall.

Thank you!

miza84, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD — Cannot Access Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD — Cannot

2. Cannot access apps on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access apps on Windows 10: I received this error message when I tried to open Microsoft Windows and other apps like SnagIt. This started happening around May 1st.It's like all of a sudden, the apps no longer exist and I cannot uninstall or install any apps....
  3. Cannot access apps on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot access apps on Windows 10: I received this error message when I tried to open Microsoft Windows and other apps like SnagIt. This started happening around May 1st.It's like all of a sudden, the apps no longer exist and I cannot uninstall or install any apps....
  4. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  5. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  6. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot access windows 10 settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access windows 10 settings.: Hi Community Support, My problem is I cannot access windows 10 settings. I have tried most of the recommendations. Even tried to reinstall application without success. Please help. Thanks...
  8. Cannot access Windows 10 on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access Windows 10 on laptop: To whom it may concern, While trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop, the installation kept restarting (while incomplete) which resulted in a loop. In an attempt to fix the problem, I pulled out the installation USB so the laptop would boot to Windows (not...
  9. Cannot access Windows 10 Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Windows 10 Share: Hello I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network. This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the file share with no issues. And on the troubled computer I can access the shares on the Windows 7 PC. But the Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 cannot access \\PC_Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot access \\PC_Name: Hello, i have a network of 10 computers in my shop. 9 computers are running on windows7 32bit while one is running on windows 10 Home 32bit. All 9 windows7 computers are interconnecting with each other without any problem, but the windows10 computer doesnt connect with other...