Windows 10: BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

Discus and support BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went home over the weekend and came back to a blue screen loop. No matter what I do, It bluescreens and restarts, until it eventually shuts down. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexB19, Feb 28, 2021.

1. AlexB19 Win User

BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

I went home over the weekend and came back to a blue screen loop. No matter what I do, It bluescreens and restarts, until it eventually shuts down. The error codes change a lot. Windows 10 cannot boot at all. It says Automatic Repair is starting then blue screens. I can enter my BIOS menu. I cannot enter safe mode or RE via pressing the power button for 10 seconds 3 times. It doesn't change anything. I got windows installation media on a flash drive as a way to force it in there, but unless I remove my computer's hard drive and ssd, it cannot boot the flash drive media either. When I do remove it, it is able to show the installation screen before blue screening because there's no storage. Same with the ssd being removed and hard drive kept. So the media isn't the issue. I tried removing the storage unit containing windows the hard drive but the ssd causes this block as well. Once, it randomly started disk check, and got to stage 3, then didn't process it and buffered until it blue screened, and hasn't done that since. I'm extremely sure it has to do with Windows 10 drivers but I have no clue how I'm supposed to fix it or even reset windows.

A list of error codes that have happened:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    ^said pci.sys is what failed, but it has said other things failed, too
    ATTEMPTED TO WRITE ON READONLY MEMORY
    MEMORY MANAGEMENT very rare
    KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED
    stop code 0xc0000012a
    KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I would really love to manage to somehow save my data but at this point I'd really just like to not have to buy an entirely new hard drive and windows key. I did nothing to this thing. I was gone and it is attached to a surge protector. My only idea is maybe it tried to auto update??

:)

AlexB19, Feb 28, 2021
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Cannot access Safe Mode in BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community. We understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resove the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the exact error message that is displayed in the BSOD?

2. Did you make any changes to your computer that led to the BSOD?

For now, if you wish to access Safe Mode in an non accessible situation, I would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.
    Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

• Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:
    1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,”
    do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows
    Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
    'Troubleshoot'.

3.Click,
    Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Settings'.

4.You will have to Restart the computer, once it restarts then you will have the option to log into
    Safe Mode.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 28, 2021
  4. BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

raymond1984, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media

1. BSOD- Cannot enter Safe Mode or RE, Cannot Use Installation Media - Similar Threads - BSOD Cannot enter

2. Cannot enter recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter recovery mode: Dual monitors weren't working and I tried reinstalling windows 11. Crashed immediately after reinstall with this screen. The power button method to enter recovery mode is not working....
  3. Cannot enter recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter recovery mode: Dual monitors weren't working and I tried reinstalling windows 11. Crashed immediately after reinstall with this screen. The power button method to enter recovery mode is not working....
  4. HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP inaccesible boot device BSOD cannot reset windows, cannot enter safe mode: Hi, when i want to switch my computer on, a BSOD appears, i cannot run into safe mode on startup settings, i cannot reset windows. I tried a lot. Chk dsk does not finds any issue, i tried to uninstall pending updates because i had a problem that Windows couldn't install...
  5. BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.: Hello, I lack the knowledge of computers and hope I receive some help. I had a pc built for my younger sister and it was fine until she received the BSOD. There were cycles of resetting that led to no improvements regardless of whether I chose to enter Safe Mode, clearing...
  6. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  7. Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode: I'm at a complete loss. I offered to help a friend unlock their Windows Tablet since they forgot all passwords. The only account available is the non-elevated administrator local account. After multiple failed attempts I had to reset the PC but upon finishing boot up it...
  8. I cannot enter in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enter in safe mode: I cannot enter in safe mode and I need to take my system to a previous state since I lost some files after an update that I made. These are very important for my work. Could you please help me?...
  9. Cannot enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter safe mode: Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things: Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all...
  10. Cannot enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot enter sleep mode: Windows 10 is simply not able to enter sleep mode. Whenever I try, the monitor shuts off, but the computer power does not. When I move the mouse, the log-in screen appears (as it would when your computer comes out of sleep). I looked at Windows Event Viewer, and this is...