Windows 10: BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...

Discus and support BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Asus Z790 Hero, i7-13700k, FTW3 3090, Gskill DDR5 6000, all water cooled. Windows 11, all driver's i think are up to date. I have tried removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian Bell1, Feb 27, 2023.

1. BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...

Asus Z790 Hero, i7-13700k, FTW3 3090, Gskill DDR5 6000, all water cooled. Windows 11, all driver's i think are up to date. I have tried removed overclock on CPU and GPU and still get the BSOD. I have checked SSD and memory tested with no errors. I have tried Scan dsk and no errors or corruption. I keep getting System thread expection not handled and what failed is FLTMGR.sys. I have also gotten Clock watchdog timeout. Please help me. I have re-install windows 11 still does it.

:)

Brian Bell1, Feb 27, 2023
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. bsod (irql_not_less_or_equal)

Hello, thanks again.

I've removed and reinstalled my audio/display/network drivers, ran DISM and SFC command on CMD and checked for BIOS update.

However, the issue still remains. I only get BSOD when I'm not running heavy-duty stuff on the computer, only when it's either idle or surfing the internet. it's weird..

if there are any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks again

Matthew_K515, Feb 27, 2023
  4. Ben Qu Win User

BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...

BSOD when computer idle

Hi,

I would like help with the BSOD that I'm getting recently when my computer is idle, such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

I've had the same problems in the past months ago of BSOD when idle, but I've managed to fix it by resetting my windows. Until recently, they have come back again.

I've attached zipped minidumps of 3 recent BSOD on the same day in the link:

BSOD minidumps 12-09.zip

Thank you for you help!

Ben Qu, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...

1. BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when... - Similar Threads - BSOD can't solve

2. BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD can't solve, only when the the computer is idle or surfing the internet, never when...: Asus Z790 Hero, i7-13700k, FTW3 3090, Gskill DDR5 6000, all water cooled. Windows 11, all driver's i think are up to date. I have tried removed overclock on CPU and GPU and still get the BSOD. I have checked SSD and memory tested with no errors. I have tried Scan dsk and no...
  3. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  4. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  5. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC BSOD when surfing the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC BSOD when surfing the internet.: I have been having trouble with BSOD lately, they seem to only happen when I am surfing the internet. I have everything in my PC updated and they still happen I cannot figure out what causes it.Dumpshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AhTRmdudSAPJgl3-Y6Vno6XAoc7O?e=ovfVpP...
  7. BSOD happening when computer is Idle.

BSOD happening when computer is Idle.: Hello, my computer works perfectly fine when it is on, even playing heavy games, everything is all right. The problem arises when it is Idle. It is not everyday, but every 5-10d when I set the computer to idle and go to sleep; The next day, when I wake up and turn the...
  8. Kernel Security check failure and other random BSODs when idle or surfing Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel Security check failure and other random BSODs when idle or surfing Internet: Hi, just got a new pc built up (less than 1 month old). Things run fine but occasionally I get BSOD . Previous rig prebuilt by asus did not get a single bsod in 5 years of usage so quite surprised here. BSODs occurring randomly include kernel security check failure, driver...
  9. BSOD when computer idle

BSOD when computer idle: Hi, I would like help with the BSOD that I'm getting recently when my computer is idle, such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. I've had the same problems in the past months ago of BSOD when idle, but I've managed to fix it by resetting my windows. Until...
  10. BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use

BSOD when PC is idle - never when in use: Getting a "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" BSOD when my pc is idle. I ran the BSOD tool provided by your site and have realised that instead of switching itself off when idle as per my own energy settings the PC seems to be blue screening. I only noticed by "catching the pc...