Windows 10: BSOD caused by a few different reasons

Discus and support BSOD caused by a few different reasons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi and thanks for helping if you're able to. I have been having issue for the past week with BSODs. I've run each crash's dump file through WinDbg and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexCoffey1, Jan 6, 2021.

1. BSOD caused by a few different reasons

Hi and thanks for helping if you're able to. I have been having issue for the past week with BSODs. I've run each crash's dump file through WinDbg and found that there were different isues. More info below:

Note - all my drivers are up to date and there is nothing wrong with my RAM

On 1/1/21:

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExFreePool+9IMAGE_NAME: Pool_CorruptionIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.685MODULE_NAME: Pool_CorruptionSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 9FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!ExFreePoolOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {2ae0a97e-dcd7-47ef-dbfb-430f2cbf58a1}Followup: Pool_corruption

On 1/2/21:

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmdag+12bc87bMODULE_NAME: atikmdagIMAGE_NAME: atikmdag.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 12bc87bFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_R_INVALID_atikmdag!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {f091f1e8-29bc-08df-0aed-5bd9d343ed65}Followup: MachineOwner

On 1/3/21:

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!ExFreePool+9IMAGE_NAME: Pool_CorruptionIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.685MODULE_NAME: Pool_CorruptionSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 9FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!ExFreePoolOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {2ae0a97e-dcd7-47ef-dbfb-430f2cbf58a1}Followup: Pool_corruption

On 1/5/21:

SYMBOL_NAME: Npfs!NpWriteDataQueue+11cMODULE_NAME: NpfsIMAGE_NAME: Npfs.SYSIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1030STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 11cFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x139_1d_INVALID_BALANCED_TREE_Npfs!NpWriteDataQueueOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {28cbf4dd-9f0f-d5b8-99e5-1e3eb498266e}Followup: MachineOwner

Just now on 1/6/21

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms2!VidSchiAllocateQueuePacket+11bMODULE_NAME: dxgmms2IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms2.sysIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1131STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 11bFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_dxgmms2!VidSchiAllocateQueuePacketOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {d5a3f138-5460-1932-7858-d0f7f1ea7a04}Followup: MachineOwner

---------------------------------------------------

Any help or advice is much apreciated :

Edit: the chash happens when I'm switching between VSCode and Chrome. My only other open app is Spotify

:)

AlexCoffey1, Jan 6, 2021
  2. hoax32 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

Thanks for all the replys and support!!! *Toast :toast:
    OK I put in a different battery pack....hope it doesnt BSOD on me again...
    I checked all the things listed above and none was the case

hoax32, Jan 6, 2021
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile BSOD caused by a few different reasons :)

cplpro, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Donna Men Win User

BSOD caused by a few different reasons

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

BSOD caused by a few different reasons

1. BSOD caused by a few different reasons - Similar Threads - BSOD caused few

2. BSOD for different reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for different reasons: My PC experienced BSOD for different errors since 2019, and it becomes more frequent recently a few minutes after turning on the PC.The stop code includes: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, pAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA win32kfull.sys failed,...
  3. Multiple BsOD for different reasons

Multiple BsOD for different reasons: Hello, I've been getting several mutiple BsOD errors over the past month or so. UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR here is a google drive .rar folder containing the dump files...
  4. What failed: igdkmdnd64.sys - causes different BSODs but same reason

What failed: igdkmdnd64.sys - causes different BSODs but same reason: Hi All, and thanks in advance! I'm not sure how to even begin describing this BSOD crash. Searching for "igdkmdnd64.sys" does not give me anything online, so this feels like a rare situation. It is very random and nothing in particular causes it. Happens once every couple...
  5. BSOD with different causes

BSOD with different causes: i get BSOD fairly regularly this month. everything is running on stock. no overclocking except for RAM xmp enabled. this build is all brand new and built about 2 months ago. can anyone please help me in finding out whats wrong. thank you very much. link to dump files and...
  6. Frequent BSOD with different reasons

Frequent BSOD with different reasons: Lately my computer started to get BSOD every few days. I've uploaded minidumps and system info, and would appreciate your help. https://filetransfer.eu.dentons.com/pickup.php?claimID=pam6SkzP8CWb4c97&claimPasscode=mrpb2RaKyESAQ7PA...
  7. BSODS with different reasons

BSODS with different reasons: For some time now I've had BSOD's once in a while and I've tried rooting out the source with no success. Hopefully you'll be able to detect something I can't.. Thanks so much win10 pro version 1909 OS build 10.0.18363 drive link to v2collector 156285
  8. Near daily BSOD's for different reasons

Near daily BSOD's for different reasons: For several weeks now, approximately every 2 or 3 days, Windows 10 BSOD's within about the first 5 minutes of the first use of the morning. The reasons given are different every time. I never need to do anything to fix whatever crashed. The reboot always takes care of that....
  9. Different type of BSODs (unknown reason)

Different type of BSODs (unknown reason): Hi everyone I hope I posted this in right form and in right place. Problem: So my PC random started getting BSODs last summer but rarely maybe once per day.As time passed it increased a lot.In that time they happened when gaming.Suddenly after 2 weeks of BSODs they...
  10. Multiple BSODs a day for different reasons.

Multiple BSODs a day for different reasons.: I built my PC last year and have suffered from BSODs ever since. Sometimes it can be more than once a day, with them happening one after the other repeatedly. They don't happen when I'm doing anything specifically, it is mostly random. I would say maybe it happens more...