Windows 10: BSOD caused by CDD.dll

Discus and support BSOD caused by CDD.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have brand new Asus Vivobook 15 - 512AJ laptops (2x). But we had already multiple BSOD's each day (on both devices). It is Windows 10 Professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Finduilas, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Finduilas Win User

BSOD caused by CDD.dll

We have brand new Asus Vivobook 15 - 512AJ laptops (2x). But we had already multiple BSOD's each day (on both devices).

It is Windows 10 Professional - 1909 build os 18363.836.

It gives a stopcode caused by CDD.dll.

DESKTOP-L9QJ227-(2020-06-05_03-50-39).zip

What's the reason for this problem?

:)

Finduilas, Jun 4, 2020

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    .DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Msap14 Win User

BSOD caused by CDD.dll

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

BSOD caused by CDD.dll

1. BSOD caused by CDD.dll - Similar Threads - BSOD caused CDD

2. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  3. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  4. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CDD: CDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/0a5146e8-b740-43ae-8ecd-5b26ed2b035b
  6. CDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDD: CDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/0a5146e8-b740-43ae-8ecd-5b26ed2b035b
  7. CDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. msvcp120.dll causes 0xc0000007 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msvcp120.dll causes 0xc0000007 error: i was installing mysql server 5.7 on my old dell lattitude. When i ran the "...\mysqld" --console command, an error saying msvp120.dll missing. So I downloaded and saved it in c:/windows dir. I ran the command again and now another error 0xc0000007 occurs with the message "...
  9. CDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CDD: [ATTACH] CCDD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c%E7%9B%98%E6%89%A9%E5%B1%95%E5%8D%B7%E6%98%BE/80efab87-127e-470e-9f8d-4c0800bf1136
  10. BSOD- Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Cause: I have been having massive problems with my Laptop constant BSOD/ no bootable device errors. The SSD with the OS was replaced a week ago and I had no bluescreens since then. I thought this had fixed the issue. Unfortunately I was forced to install windows 1909 and every time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cdd.dll blue screen windows 10