Windows 10: BSOD caused by hal.dll+49b91

Discus and support BSOD caused by hal.dll+49b91 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I bought a new PC and built it, I've had this BSOD error. I've tried every solution but can't find any fix for it. I've updated my drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erik _145, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Erik _145 Win User

BSOD caused by hal.dll+49b91

Ever since I bought a new PC and built it, I've had this BSOD error. I've tried every solution but can't find any fix for it. I've updated my drivers to latest version.

My PC:

CPU: Intel i5-9600k

Moderboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

BIOS: Latest 1401
    SSD: Samsung SSD 840 evo 250gb

RAM: 2x 8gb Crosair vengeance LPX

GPU: GTX 560 TI

Chassis: PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P350X

PSU: Kolink Enclave / 600W / 80+ Gold

OS: Windows 10 PRO 64bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752

Here is multiple "minidump's" with the same exact error.

Minidump:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ghWSNc9IwjeHvTiA2T1d8Dns8B4A3SDZ/view?usp=sharing

Extra:

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/VUkdRsV

:)

Erik _145, Apr 3, 2020
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, Apr 3, 2020
  3. while watching youtube videos, i get bsod "machine check exception"

hi aracely. hal dll is an important dll for windows i know. but what do you think about which driver causes this bsod ? i have updated all my drivers with nvidia and intel assistants but im getting the same bsod BSOD caused by hal.dll+49b91 :(

Ahmet Kerim CANAT, Apr 3, 2020
  4. TSX420J Win User

HAL DLLs error on XP

Sorry for my noobness but I didnt really understand completely what HAL is ,but
    to cut to the chase, is it a harware or sofware problem I am having?

What I understood is that HAL helps my computer comunicate with the other components.

TSX420J, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by hal.dll+49b91 - Similar Threads - BSOD caused hal

2. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  3. EVENT ID 12 HAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT ID 12 HAL: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.Been seeing this error in event viewer. I googled and some were saying Bios others too something different. Can anyone explain to me what...
  4. msvcp120.dll causes 0xc0000007 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msvcp120.dll causes 0xc0000007 error: i was installing mysql server 5.7 on my old dell lattitude. When i ran the "...\mysqld" --console command, an error saying msvp120.dll missing. So I downloaded and saved it in c:/windows dir. I ran the command again and now another error 0xc0000007 occurs with the message "...
  5. Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included: I have had a random BSOD that I believed to have fixed over a month ago but today it happened again out of the blue. I have included both the minidump from the BSOD that happened today and the one from over a month ago as they both appear to be incredibly similar. I believe...
  6. error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION

error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION: During start up, my laptop gives an error HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION, 0x000000AC and a blue screen. I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hal-memory-allocation/ed054c97-5087-497e-8b15-ea7cc2c49e53
  7. HAL INITIALAZATION FAILED

HAL INITIALAZATION FAILED: this is the stop code I got what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hal-initialazation-failed/39460b6a-cc03-470d-98d3-a197a1a13a51
  8. Windows=HAL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows=HAL ?: I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months...
  9. DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL: This comes in waves, it'll cause problems consistently for weeks, and then be fine for a while. I'm in the middle of another wave. Watching Youtube in Chrome, not every single time but often enough (sometimes once a day, sometimes multiple times in an hour). Attempting to...
  10. HAL 12 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    HAL 12 Error: Can anyone explain a HAL12 error that has a date of 9/28/2183; just started getting this error about 3 days ago when coming out of sleep. Had HAL errors in the past but don't remember how I fixed them since it was many years ago. 87678