Windows 10: BSOD caused by NTFS.sys & ntoskrnl.exe on a brand new PC.

Discus and support BSOD caused by NTFS.sys & ntoskrnl.exe on a brand new PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There's not much to explain as it can occur randomly, I am guessing it is some driver conflict but I am not tech savvy, regardless, the BSODs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nosco, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Nosco Win User

BSOD caused by NTFS.sys & ntoskrnl.exe on a brand new PC.

There's not much to explain as it can occur randomly, I am guessing it is some driver conflict but I am not tech savvy, regardless, the BSODs are caused by NTFS.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.

Here's an image from BlueScreenView

Attachment 40292

:)

Nosco, Sep 29, 2015
  2. FDAlv Win User

Various BSOD

I've been experiencing various BSODs and they all seem to be coming from mostly different things, I've been struggling because I'm not sure if it's that the harddrive isn't working properly or if it's something causing all these things to occur. The list
    of the BSODs and their respective causes taken from BlueScreenView are as follows:

1 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - caused by fwpklclnt.sys

1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Caused by USBPORT.SYS

1 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - win32kfull.sys

3 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - All caused by ntoskrnl.exe

3 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - One by NTFS.SYS, another by afd.sys and the last y ntoskrnl.exe

I've also included a link to a folder with all the dmp files Uploads

FDAlv, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Rudolfos0 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

New BSOD today.. - Kernel_Security_Check_failure

This happened suddenly. I was watching a YT video and opening Sony Vegas when this happened.

0x00000139

00000000`00000003

ffffd000`22515010

ffffd000`22514f68

Caused by driver+address : NTFS.sys+19a95

Crash address: ntoskrnl.exe+142760

dmp file - https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C28B2580DA30693!448&authkey=!AGGj2MecyzKdbO0&ithint=file,dmp

I don't know if this helps in any way, but I have external HDD connected to USB 3.0 port all the time.

Rudolfos0, Sep 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Nosco,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Please uninstall programs you don't know / don't use.

The most recent crash does have a lot of NTFS activity, which might point to a failing / damaged hard drive(s).
    A process died, possibly due to hard drive problems.
    Please follow instructions below to check the hard drive(s)

The Plantronics GameCom sound driver has been flagged.
    Please check here for driver updates
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PLTGC.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PLTGC.sys 0: kd> lmvm pltgc start end module name fffff800`c8e00000 fffff800`c8f90000 PLTGC T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: PLTGC.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\PLTGC.sys Image name: PLTGC.sys Timestamp: Fri Nov 04 09:47:57 2011 (4EB3A6BD) CheckSum: 0015352D ImageSize: 00190000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSOD caused by NTFS.sys & ntoskrnl.exe on a brand new PC. [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html

5. Nosco Win User

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST[/quote]

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...s-how-use.html

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...isk-check.html Thank you for the welcome and the help, if it's a failing hard-drive then I'm pretty sure I should just replace it as I actually transferred it from my old PC, defragged it and made a clean windows install on it. However I had a lot of issues with my OLD pc crashing many a times, so I suppose when I had my drive replaced (which is like 6 months old now?) the system damaged it.

I will clean up my PC by removing programs I do not use.
    I do not understand what I'm supposed to download on the GamesCom driver.
    I will run chkdsk and seatools.

Nosco, Sep 29, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Apologies, I didn't look good enough.
    I see it is likely a headset.
    This is likely a conflict between the audio devices.
    When using the headset, please disable every other audio device that you can find in sound manager.
    But, it is smart to check for driver updates looking at the date, although I do not really know from where you need to get them.

7. Nosco Win User
    Yes, it's a headset that comes with it's own driver to turn on Dolby Surround 7.1
    It is up to date.
    I will disable other sound devices.

Edit 1

Should I run the short drive self test, short generic test and long generic test and give the results of all 3 or just run 1 of them?

Also, what sort of a scan should I do on chkdsk?

Edit 2

I've conducted all 3 tests from SeaGate tool and they all passed.
    Will attempt chkdsk.

Edit 3

Chkdsk turned up with nothing.

What now?

Nosco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by NTFS.sys & ntoskrnl.exe on a brand new PC. - Similar Threads - BSOD caused NTFS

2. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  3. BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Ntoskernel on brand new PC: HiI'm getting crashes on my brand new PC. i paid alot for it so please can you help me figure if this is hardware or software issue? specs:ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 - bundkort - ATX - LGA1700 sokkel - Z690Samsung 980 PRO MZ-V8P1T0BW - 1TB - PCI Express 4.0 x4 NVMe...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD Brand new pc.

BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  10. Non-Stop BSOD's brand new system, IRQL, KMODE, ntoskrnl, etc

Non-Stop BSOD's brand new system, IRQL, KMODE, ntoskrnl, etc: Hello, thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me, because this is starting to drive me a little batty... I've been building computers for over 20 years now and have never run into this many problems... so basically about a month I built a new system from scratch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fwpklclnt

2. ntfs.sys and ntoskrnl.exe bluescreen ssd ram windows 10