Windows 10: BSOD caused by ntsoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD caused by ntsoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So uh, yeah, this is causing me issues. Attachment 42120 25862 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nosco, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Nosco Win User

BSOD caused by ntsoskrnl.exe

So uh, yeah, this is causing me issues.

Attachment 42120

:)

Nosco, Oct 9, 2015

2. BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

It doesn't all of a sudden turn of, before it turns of the blue screen error thing pops up first then it restarts. Forgot to mention, blue screens are also much more frequent when I use it in battery saver for some
    reason. I did fully remove avast as you posted. Am currently in University so I don't have any fans lying around, but I will go out to get one during the week. It did BSOD once yesterday link 031818-19750-01 1.dmp

DanielKalisilira, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 9, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Nosco,

Please test your memory
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote]

BSOD caused by ntsoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Nosco Win User
    Hello hello, I've left it running for a long time and 8 passes have occurred without anything red appearing.

My ram frequency on paper is 1600 but in bios it says 1300, possible cause?

I did make a thread before and I was getting NTFS bsods as well. You told me to run seatools and chkdsk and they turned out fine, but I am not convinced that the hdd is fine because its an old hdd (like 8 months, which was used in a very bad pc that consistently was plagued with bsod issues).

Nosco, Oct 11, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The frequency could be the cause yes.

An HDD of 8 months isn't old at all, but not new either.
    The average age of an HDD before it starts failing is a few years.

A BSOD has many causes depending on what the error code is like
    • memory issues
      • non-volatile (HDD/SSD)
      • volatile(RAM),
    • RAM frequency,
    • dust,
    • component not properly connected or wrong connected,
    • broken connection, can be seen as not properly connected
    • drivers out of date,
    • overclocking,
    • bugs in drivers
    • GPU damage,
    • PSU problems, but this would more give a sudden shutdown or reboot
    • bugs in Windows (rare but fixable via SFC/DISM and Windows Update)
    • Motherboard failure or faulty
    • software not properly coded, in the past the Nvidia Streamer Service was giving problems and same with Google Chrome (Chrome could be still current)
    • BIOS settings
    • BIOS bugs

7. Nosco Win User
    Right so, I enable xmp and it changed to 1600. I'll let you know if I get anymore bsods. If I do, I will inform you.

But if I do, should I reinstall my windows, since I used to received NTFS bsod causes and let you know if that improved anything?

Nosco, Oct 11, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

There is for now no reason to reinstall Windows, you have no failing hard drive so if there is NTFS activity it is definitely something else.

FYI, I see in your previous thread you edited a few times your last post.
    Please don't edit posts after a few hours, I won't be notified with edited posts but I do get notified with new posts.
    This is the reason why I have never answered your question.

9. Nosco Win User
    Okay, sorry. So uh, what could be causing NTFS then?

I did do an upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 without a clean install.

Nosco, Oct 11, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    In that case it is an option to do a clean install, with the upgrade there are a lot bugs coming your way which can't be avoided without a clean install.

11. Nosco Win User
    Ahhh, I should've guessed. Thank you very much for the support. Luckily I have an ISO, just have to create it on my USB.

If no BSODs occur for a week after the re-install, I'll mark the thread as solved.

Nosco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD caused by ntsoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD caused ntsoskrnl

2. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  3. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  4. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is causing NvidiaGPUControl1.exe to re-appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing NvidiaGPUControl1.exe to re-appear: hi all,I believe that many of us have been suffering from high CPU usage from malwares or genuine antivirus software :P.I recently reinstalled my NUC, and found a nasty one sneaked in somehow. Its name is NvidiaGPUControl1.exe..Since i am using NUC, everything is intel, so...
  6. What is causing NvidiaGPUControl1.exe to re-appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing NvidiaGPUControl1.exe to re-appear: hi all,I believe that many of us have been suffering from high CPU usage from malwares or genuine antivirus software :P.I recently reinstalled my NUC, and found a nasty one sneaked in somehow. Its name is NvidiaGPUControl1.exe..Since i am using NUC, everything is intel, so...
  7. BSOD- Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD- Cause: I have been having massive problems with my Laptop constant BSOD/ no bootable device errors. The SSD with the OS was replaced a week ago and I had no bluescreens since then. I thought this had fixed the issue. Unfortunately I was forced to install windows 1909 and every time...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. rundll32.exe causes heavy problems

rundll32.exe causes heavy problems: Hi everyone, It's simply impossible to work fluently without been stopped, because of this process. All rundll32 processes in Task Manager point to the same process in system32. Many antivirus softwares have been tried, but nothing found. System info: Lenovo yoga with i7...