Windows 10: BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation

Discus and support BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. I built a new Ryzen 7 1800X computer in December, but have been plagued with this BSOD on occasion. Stop code: Driver IRQL not less or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pontisteve, Feb 7, 2018.

1. BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation

Hi guys. I built a new Ryzen 7 1800X computer in December, but have been plagued with this BSOD on occasion.

Stop code: Driver IRQL not less or equal
    What failed: USBXHCI.SYS

I tried running Windows updates, updating these drivers, deleting these drivers and then restarting. I also tried some Windows troubleshooters, and lots of googling. In the Event Viewer, I see this:

Windows failed to resume from hibernate mode with error status 0xC0000001.

And this:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. (Source: Kernel-Power).

That may be because I set up Windows to not reboot if I get a BSOD, leaving me to have to hit the reset button. I have an older wireless Microsoft keyboard and mouse, plugged into a black USB port. Basically, every time this computer goes to sleep (hibernates?), it crashes instead of waking up. Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

Pontisteve, Feb 7, 2018

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD when computer is going to hibernate

Reporting back, after 3 hibernate cycles, no BSOD so far. Usually it'd happen every or every 2nd hibernate after fresh restart. I'm marking your reply as answer. Thanks again! You have saved me from a lot of headaches.

This thread can be closed.

PS: By the way, the driver that caused BSOD was the one came with Windows 10 installation, the bluetooth would be recognized and work fine with said driver, but it would cause BSOD when computer is powering down. So, you might want to take a look into that.

other Y410P owners running Windows 10, be aware, and make sure to update bluetooth driver after fresh install.

ManakaTakane, Feb 7, 2018
  3. two BSOD on connecting Sony Camera

Hi

I've had two BSOD stop 0x1a in the past 10 days. Both are Memory Mgt, both have been 5 seconds after connecting a Sony camera.

BlueScreenView v1.55 by Nir Sofer tells me:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    0x0000001a
    storahci.sys
    storahci.sys+658e
    MS AHCI Storport Miniport Driver
    10.0.15063.332 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    x64

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    0x0000001a
    USBXHCI.SYS
    USBXHCI.SYS+f33d
    USB XHCI Driver
    10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    x64

Both Device drivers appear to be new with 10.0.15063 and are dated 6/June/2017.

Camera works fine after the restart.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Eric-Moore, Feb 7, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2018
Thema:

BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation

1. BSOD caused by USBXHCI.SYS after hibernation - Similar Threads - BSOD caused USBXHCI

2. BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys: Greetings, fellow Windows users!Yesterday, my computer had its BSOD while I'm using Adobe Premiere which was apparently caused by watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys.Here is a link to the dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmT-xQXftxFWgiKU88vH7tRulzda?e=33kqdQThanks for any further help...
  3. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  4. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys: I've tried reverting graphics drivers, windows updates, updating BIOS, resetting windows and other recommended methods such as chkdsk and DISM. I would like some confirmation on my issue being potentially video card related. Another pair of eyes/insight is the goal of this...
  5. BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys and watchdog.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  7. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  8. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  9. BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys

BSOD caused by QCamain10x64.sys and IntelHaxm.sys: My laptop crashed with STOP code DEVICE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, stating that QCamain10x64.sys had failed, which according to Google, is the driver of my laptop's wireless adapter. Just to make sure before attempting to reinstall the driver via device manager, I saw this wiki...
  10. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbxhci bsod hibernate