Windows 10: BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

Discus and support BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pathfinder1234, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

Hello. Im getting this BSOD while playing games, randomly. Most of the time it happens late in the game session. I need to know if its a driver issue or a hardware-overclocking issue. My i7 4770k is at 4.7ghz at 1.29v, but it seems stable, besides Im not getting the typical overclock bsod which is WHEA. The last BSOD was playing Assassins Creed Origins, but it happens with most of the games. Ill attach the required file below.
    Forgot to say that RAM also runs fine, tested on memtest86, no errors.

:)

pathfinder1234, Aug 9, 2018
  2. dtex Win User

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

dtex, Aug 9, 2018
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
  4. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Hello,

I just built a new PC and am having difficulties with Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error. This seems to happen regardless of what I am doing (Playing video games to surfing the web to streaming music via Spotify). I have followed the steps of
    a previous recommended Microsoft wiki and collected the following data. I collected the Minidump files and the system specs via MSInfo. Below is the link to that.

MOBO: Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 GAmin-ITX/ac

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

Graphics Card: Gforce 770

RAM: 16GB installed PNY DDR4 Anarchy 2400MHz

Operating system: Win 10 Home

Link to Google Drive for files

FISHWishkid53, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games

1. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101) While playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD 101: Bsod with this error only crashed once.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWSMinidump\101222-9796-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available...
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD 101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD 101: Bsod with this error only crashed once.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWSMinidump\101222-9796-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available...
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD 101

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSoD - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Recently my windows 2016 always shutdown and i need help .can anyone help me to analyse the reason ? and here is the dump file link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnNeagbsVWirfSv85KT31gzCTgo?e=hgZCgh...
  6. BSoD - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Recently my windows 2016 always shutdown and i need help .can anyone help me to analyse the reason ? and here is the dump file link : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnNeagbsVWirfSv85KT31gzCTgo?e=hgZCgh...
  7. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Всем привет, столкнулся со следующей проблемой. Новый ПК, почти с самой покупки случаются периодические БСОДЫ во время игр, причем тяжесть игр может быть самой разной, условный BF V летает на ультрах и никаких проблем, а старенький Dying Light бсодит каждые полчаса....
  8. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Всем привет, столкнулся со следующей проблемой. Новый ПК, почти с самой покупки случаются периодические БСОДЫ во время игр, причем тяжесть игр может быть самой разной, условный BF V летает на ультрах и никаких проблем, а старенький Dying Light бсодит каждые полчаса....
  9. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

10. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: BSOD'd with this error. I've crashed many times with no bsod. The computer screen locks followed by a short static soundsometimes. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...