Windows 10: Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Discus and support Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cloudropis, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2

Windows 10 1909 18363.1016

I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the kind mentioned in the title. Or rather, one, whose minidump is here: OneDrive , the second and third one froze my entire PC and I had to reboot with the power button because it wouldn't even go into BSOD.

At first I thought about a thermals issue. Unfortunately, for reasons I won't dwelve into, only one case fan (on the back) is plugged, I will be able to plug my other one after September 5th. Plus, the heatsink fan (CM Hyper 212 Evo) started rattling whenever I alt-tab from a game and load reduces (I'm getting a new fan too). I disabled the CPU OC (no manual fiddling involved, just pressed the big green AUTO OC button on Ryzen Master) and ran prime95 for a while, temps never went above 70 nor did I get any shutdowns. I kept using the PC as usual for a week or so, before getting the third BSOD a few days ago. Noteworthy enough, all BSODs were while playing FFXIV specifically. The first BSOD I was alt-tabbed, for whatever it's worth. Still, it's not an intensive game by any means and temps never reached critical shutdown levels while playing.

The only other change I can think of were some Windows Updates done a couple of days before the first BSOD, otherwise my setup is the same. I'm mentioning this because blaming WUs was one of the few results I found about that BSOD code.

Last thing of note, I didn't reinstall W10 when upgrading my hardware. It was still a recentish installation from February, without much fiddling if any on my part

I know using DriverVerifier at this point is usually suggested, especially considering that, according to JSFiddle this report, I have a 2012 driver, courtesy of my mouse, that might be causing trouble, but I'd rather hear this forum's input first.

:)

cloudropis, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Sep 2, 2020
  3. BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

drop your overclock to stock and run it, W10 has some teething to get through

eidairaman1, Sep 2, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

axe0, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

1. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout - Similar Threads - Bsod Clock_watchdog_timeout

2. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  3. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101": Hi,I last couple of weeks, we are seeing BSODs on couple of our systems with our custom SW.We've seen this on both Win10 and Win11. With latest generations of intel processors e.g. Intel Core i7 1265U, Intel Core 13700K.It runs for 3-4 days, then it ends up with something...
  4. Help diagnosing potential HW related BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?: Hello, I'm using my own built pc running on windows 11 and it's been working fine without any issues for almost 2 years, since the start of this year i've been getting random bluescreens as stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTI've searched this and tried tons of different...
  6. How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?

How do I fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD?: Hello, I'm using my own built pc running on windows 11 and it's been working fine without any issues for almost 2 years, since the start of this year i've been getting random bluescreens as stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUTI've searched this and tried tons of different...
  7. Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT": Here's some information from NirSoft:Bug Check Code: 0x00000101Parameter 1: 00000000`0000000cParameter 2: 00000000`00000000Parameter 3: ffffe500`70a81180Parameter 4: 00000000`00000008Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exeCaused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+416b00Here's the DUMP File on...
  8. Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistently getting BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT": Here's some information from NirSoft:Bug Check Code: 0x00000101Parameter 1: 00000000`0000000cParameter 2: 00000000`00000000Parameter 3: ffffe500`70a81180Parameter 4: 00000000`00000008Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exeCaused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+416b00Here's the DUMP File on...
  9. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  10. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...