Windows 10: BSOD Code Critical Process Died

Discus and support BSOD Code Critical Process Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, starting suddenly just about a week or so ago I have had issues with my computer crashing, mainly when starting Steam or installing Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoelEccles1, Apr 9, 2020.

1. BSOD Code Critical Process Died

Hello, starting suddenly just about a week or so ago I have had issues with my computer crashing, mainly when starting Steam or installing Nvidia drivers or Nvidia Experience. When my computer restarts, it says that there is no OS found, and I have to restart and select my boot drive manually. I have browsed many community forums looking for methods to fix this, and I've tried all of them as far as I know, even doing a fresh install of Windows 10. At one point, I tried putting my drives into IDE mode in the BIOS, both in the "SATA Configuration" tab, and in "Marvell Storage Configuration" in "Onboard devices" After that, and updating my graphics card drivers, the frequency of crashes decreased substantially, and I was able to start up Steam and other programs without crashing. However, after switching to IDE mode from AHCI, which is what it was set to as long as I've had this computer, the overall speed of my computer decreased by about three times, and would sometimes take up to 30 seconds just to open Mozilla. After restarting my computer, still in IDE, the time to start programs decreased significantly, but were still way slower than how they were in AHCI almost instant. Could this be a problem with hardware such as my drives, am I doing something wrong, or is there another issue?

My system specs are:

MB: Asus P8Z68 Pro Gen 3

CPU: i7 2600k OC'd to 4.2GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC

Boot Drive: 240GB Drevo SSD

Storage Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

PSU: EVGA Gold 750W 80+

:)

JoelEccles1, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 9, 2020
  4. BSOD Code Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Code Critical Process Died

1. BSOD Code Critical Process Died - Similar Threads - BSOD Code Critical

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Bsod error code critical process died

Bsod error code critical process died: So my computer evc-156 1 and for some reason I try to download it doesn't show the SSD or anything when it does show it says I can't download it for some reason...
  9. Critical process died code

Critical process died code: Hi ever since my last update on windows 10 my laptop will not boot up. I habe tried alot of different things but cant seem to boot into Safe mode. How can save my files/ photos thta is on the laptop? Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....