Windows 10: BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carlos98mlg, Mar 3, 2020.

1. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM.

Here there are two dumps obtained from "C:\Windows\minidump": https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDHlbGEy6YYcIQymz_FAZjrVUI?e=noBmkM. As the program BlueScreenView says, one points to an error with "hal.dll", and other to "dxgmms2.sys".

Maybe some relevant info could be that some days ago, I updated my BIOS firmware. I just updated Win10 and that error keeps taking place.

Thank you for your time people <3

:)

carlos98mlg, Mar 3, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on restart

Hello Tom,

There may be several reasons why you are getting this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did this issue started happening?
    • Does this error come with an error code/number?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done aside from the ones mentioned above?

In the meantime, you can check on this
    thread
    and refer to the post of ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP). It discusses steps on what you can do with these kinds of stop errors.

We're looking forward for our reply.

John Vil, Mar 3, 2020
  3. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below article regarding BSOD error and check if it helps.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD code error

2. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  3. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: HI, this is my first time experiencing a BSOD and it has made me very concerned about my computers health. If someone could give me information about what component or driver is causing this error it would mean a lot. Minidump file 022924-6203-01 - Copy.dmp...
  4. Got a BSOD error. Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation; But before that blue screen error, my pc slows down, then slows down some more, and then some more and then error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation! with the last tone of whatever tune, I had on an endless loopI found the dump files; I removed...
  6. Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation; But before that blue screen error, my pc slows down, then slows down some more, and then some more and then error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation! with the last tone of whatever tune, I had on an endless loopI found the dump files; I removed...
  7. Error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

8. BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD With Stop Code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I have a customer of mine who recently got a Surface Laptop 3 and has been getting BSOD crashes with the stop code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I have performed Windows updates, Surface driver/firmware updates, ran SFC scan, ran a chkdsk, but the issue still happens. I...
  9. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  10. ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been having issues recently with my ASUS laptop getting the BSOD on a regular basis when watching videos (specifically youtube) and recently when not watching anything at all, although this is the first time it has happened while not watching a video, or having a video...