Windows 10: BSOD computer novice

Discus and support BSOD computer novice in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all! I opened my personal computer this week to find the elusive BSOD. I am not a computer person and eventually got through to safe mode and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bmkmw, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/bmkmw Win User

BSOD computer novice

Hi all!

I opened my personal computer this week to find the elusive BSOD. I am not a computer person and eventually got through to safe mode and the computer is happily on its home screen. How can I exit safe mode and ideally not have another encounter with the death screen. I really don’t know what I’m doing and i don’t have access to an external hard rive at this time (corona)

If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it!

submitted by /u/bmkmw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bmkmw, May 12, 2020
  2. DJDecaf75 Win User

Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!

I have have several BSOD's a week almost daily for about three weeks. I have did research and took steps to record the circumstances since taking these steps there has only been one crash. This has happened whether I was just browsing, downloading or idle. The crash is sudden and the error message displayed is always "driver irql not less or equal ("netio sys")". There is a percentage counting up to 100% then the system restarts. I am at a loss and need assistance. I am a novice to things of this nature but I am a quick learner. Please be patient. I may ask a question that may seem not very insightful I ask again please be patient. I appreciate all useful advice and Thank you in advance.

The DM Log Collector file is attached.

DJ Decaf
    Attachment 86934

DJDecaf75, May 12, 2020
  3. Donna Men Win User
    BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, May 12, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD computer novice

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD computer novice

1. BSOD computer novice - Similar Threads - BSOD computer novice

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice: I have a Toshiba laptop that is more than 10 years old, possibly more than 15 as I forgot exactly when I got it, that has Win 7 on it. I'm getting ready to donate it to the local DAV chapter, which my dad is part of, and figured I'd try and install the Win 10 upgrade on it...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice: I have a Toshiba laptop that is more than 10 years old, possibly more than 15 as I forgot exactly when I got it, that has Win 7 on it. I'm getting ready to donate it to the local DAV chapter, which my dad is part of, and figured I'd try and install the Win 10 upgrade on it...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help Warning: Computer Novice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. novice needs help

novice needs help: A couple weeks ago, for the first time, started to get the blue screen, video scheduling error. I updated driver was ok for a day, then blue screen, restart, restart. Yesterday, everything just stopped. Was this an update for windows 10 that went bad? I never had problems...
  6. Novice question on cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Novice question on cumulative updates: Greetings. Since the release of windows 10 version 1803, 8 cumulative updates have been released. In order to bring newly installed os up to date, is it necessary to apply all 8 of them? Or would the latest 191 update be sufficient? Thank you very much in advance for...
  7. Novice question on cumulative updates

Novice question on cumulative updates: Greetings. Since the release of windows 10 version 1803, 8 cumulative updates have been released. In order to bring newly installed os up to date, is it necessary to apply all 8 of them? Or would the latest 191 update be sufficient? Thank you very much in advance for...
  8. Computer Novice who inadvertantly corrupted or deleted NVIDIA driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Novice who inadvertantly corrupted or deleted NVIDIA driver: Having no internet access after I tried to open up more space so I could download Windows 10 updates. I inadvertently deleted or corrupted the NVIDIA nforce networking controller driver adapter version 7.3.1.7336. In order to replace the driver I have to have internet access....
  9. Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!: I have have several BSOD's a week almost daily for about three weeks. I have did research and took steps to record the circumstances since taking these steps there has only been one crash. This has happened whether I was just browsing, downloading or idle. The crash is sudden...
  10. Clean install for Novices

Clean install for Novices: Hi All, Has anyone done a clean install of W10??. If so for all us novices, (we are all still learning) can you please tell us how you achieved this in detail please.. What is the first step. Do we need a freshly formatted disk, can it be a freshly formatted disk..What...