Windows 10: BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus...

Discus and support BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My PC has been suffering BSoD's and GSoD's for over a month now. They seem to be completely random, happen when I'm running any combination of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D Maxwell, Sep 23, 2020.

1. D Maxwell Win User

BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus...

Hi,

My PC has been suffering BSoD's and GSoD's for over a month now. They seem to be completely random, happen when I'm running any combination of software.

I've tried reinstalling windows on 3 different HDD's, connected to different sata ports. My original drive is an nvme drive. I have unplugged all peripherals, changed keyboard and mouse, re-seated my GPU, CPU cooler, used alternate DIMM slots for my RAM, all to no avail.

I have tried running the PC bare, with only the 2004 update installed by the installation media, it still crashed after a few hours. I have run Win Update, updated all drivers from manufacturers site. Still multiple crashes.

None of my hardware monitors are showing overheating, no overclocking has been done, not even XMP, these crashes occur while my CPU and GPU are completely idle too.

I've been using WhoCrashed, WINDBG, DriverView, BlueScreenView and MiniToolbox to try and identify and incorrectly functioning drivers. No joy. Each crash seems to mention different programs that could be the culprit, but it always seems to come back to ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe

I have run memtest64 and memtest86. I've only recently started collecting minidumps, so I only currently have the last 6, I have shared them in my OneDrive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtA3qYxZjMrvgs5OMWxtHbyv8uNB9A?e=ggx0Ec

I am at my wits end. I've read countless similar stories on these forums, I've tried all your recommendations, and I'm genuinely baffled.

I'm heavily leaning towards this being a hardware fault, but all the dumps and errors keep pointing to software issues. Saying that, I have had quite a few reboots where no BSoD has shown and no dump file has been written.

Any advice will be GREATFULLY received.

Most recent from WhoCrashed:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 23/09/2020 23:22:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092320-7796-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F3EA0
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 23/09/2020 23:22:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!memset+0x47539
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0, 0x8, 0x0
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

D Maxwell, Sep 23, 2020
  2. LewisH95 Win User

Ntoskrnl BSOD

• Update your Realtek audio driver.
    • Update your computer.
    • Disable overclocking settings.
    • Turn off BlueStacks/ another Android emulator.
    • Clean your registry.
    • Check your disk for errors.
    • Fix bad memory issues.
    • Remove faulty sticks of RAM.
    • I hope these methods help you!
    • Regards,
    • Lewis

* Added by Moderator: Information from
      https://windowsreport.com/windows-8-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe/

* Moderator note: Advice given on this page might or might not be safe and/or effective but there are programs usually classified as PUP's (Potentially Unwanted Programs) being pushed that should not be downloaded or installed.

LewisH95, Sep 23, 2020
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 23, 2020
  4. BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus...

BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Nathan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with frequent BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the links below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus...

1. BSOD constantly occurring - ntoskrnl.exe and related - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED plus... - Similar Threads - BSOD constantly occurring

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Constant BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: For the last two days I’ve been trying to fix BSOD errors such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I’ve tried everything that I could find on the Internet including manual driver updating in Device Manager, updating graphic drivers through GeForce...
  5. BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED both related to...

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED both related to...: Hi So I'm receiving these BSOD's, not often, and I do not know what is the cause. Here are the dump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!An5QXBDVVclZguBWToX6LPdqxo1iCw?e=2xhPOm Thank you! It might be related to my external hard disks, I'm not sure. I was downloading something...
  6. Constant BSOD Kmode_exception_not_handled and USBXHCI.sys

Constant BSOD Kmode_exception_not_handled and USBXHCI.sys: I have been having constant BSODs that I can't track down the cause of. I spent an hour or so on the phone with Microsoft and tracked down an issue with a USB cable, but even fixing that still having issues, it happens randomly with no known way to "repeat" it Here is a an...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled)

Constant BSODs (system_service_exception, kmode_exception_not_handled): Dealing with near daily BSODs when running intensive software or games. It usually doesn't crash until its under decent load (newer games, rendering, etc.) I have not overclocked my GPU or my CPU. The BSODs I most often get are system_service_exception,...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...