Windows 10: BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

Discus and support BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For the last 3 weeks, my computer has been randomly BSODing. The time frame is anywhere from 1 minute to 45 minutes between BSODs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ramtripper, Jun 14, 2017.

1. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

Hi,

For the last 3 weeks, my computer has been randomly BSODing. The time frame is anywhere from 1 minute to 45 minutes between BSODs.

The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1.

I tried updating all drivers (Dell & Intel) and nothing helped.

I reformatted the computer completely and started fresh. After a few hours of use, it started BSODing again.

I use Chrome and Photoshop mostly. It seems to be video/graphics driver-related because the screen sometimes does weird things (jumps, shifts left to right, freezes). It even left a ~100x100 pixel static (random color for every pixel) box in the center of the screen that didn't move until I restarted.

BIOS is up-to-date. I ran PCIe tests, Memtests, checkdsk and all came up 100% okay.

Some of the errors include:

irql_not_less_or_equal
    unexpected_kernel_mode_trap
    page_fault_in_non_paged_area

I ran verifier for a bit and got a few dump files. Hopefully I ran it long enough. The files are attached.

Thanks so much in advance!

Attachment 139627

:)

ramtripper, Jun 14, 2017

2. Blue screen error Driver_IRQL_not less or equal (rrwd0004.sys).

Original title:- Windows Blue Screen issues

Hello all. I've updated to Windows 10 and I'm now experiencing BSOD constantly. The error message is Driver_IRQL_not less or equal (rrwd0004.sys). Does anyone have an idea how this can be corrected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ultramega1, Jun 14, 2017
  3. BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I uninstalled the Link Sys Adapter and got a different (EDUP) wifi adapter. However, I just go another BSOD this morning. The error code was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Here's the minidump file.

Dropbox - 013018-50406-01.dmp

CWilliamson31, Jun 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

philc43, Jun 14, 2017
  5. LOL! I literally uninstalled it 45 minutes ago. Let's see what happens.

Thanks so much for your help. I'll update if it persists.

ramtripper, Jun 14, 2017
  6. Just got a BSOD with error code:

unexpected_kernel_mode_trap

ramtripper, Jun 14, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    Hopefully it created a crash dump file and so if you post a new set of log files it should show up.

philc43, Jun 14, 2017
  8. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

Ah sorry! Here it is

Attachment 139647

ramtripper, Jun 14, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    There was no record of the crash with unexpected kernel mode trap.

Looking further into your previous crashes it might be worth uninstalling Malwarebytes using this uninstaller: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

It might not be the cause but it is better while troubleshooting to use a minimum set of AV tools where possible as some of them have been known to trigger BSOD events.

You also said you had tested your RAM - did you use memtest86+ and did you let it run for 8 or more passes?

You could also run Driver Verifier again to see if it finds any other drivers causing crashes. If you need some guidance on its use there is a great tutorial here: Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

philc43, Jun 14, 2017
  10. Ran verifier and got another BSOD. Attached is latest dump. Overall seems to be doing better though

Thank you!
    Attachment 139815

ramtripper, Jun 15, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    There is still no new crash dump added to the logs - its as if the crash is one which does not record a mini-dump file. Looking in the logs I can only find one event today which might be related:

Code: Event[5505]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2017-06-16T13:18:35.713 Event ID: 17 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-1GQH6RB Description: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) BusBSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0 Vendor IDBSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files :Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D14 Class Code: 0x30400[/quote] I think this has something to do with the Intel chipset for your motherboard. However you said in your first post you have already updated the Intel drivers and it looks like it was corrected anyway. I'm at a loss to explain what is happening. If you can catch a photo screenshot of the event next time it happens maybe that will help.

philc43, Jun 15, 2017
  12. I see. Okay, I'll keep using it and will take a photo if anything happens. Thanks again!

ramtripper, Jun 15, 2017
  13. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

After about 7 hours of healthy use, 2 BSOD's came in a few minutes apart. First one didn't even make it to the full BSOD (see attached images).
    Attachment 139952

Dumps are attached as well.

I just installed a few other "chipset drivers":

Support for Inspiron 15 7569 2-in-1 | Drivers downloads | Dell US

Attachment 139951

Attachment 139953

ramtripper, Jun 16, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    There was a new crash dump file but I'm not getting any useful information.

Code: BugCheck 50, {ffff8a00a47a337e, 2, fffff8014e449a2a, 2} Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Whatever driver is causing this is still a mystery.

Glad you found some new chipset drivers, lets see if this has helped. *Smile

philc43, Jun 16, 2017
  15. One more try?
    Attachment 139961

I stopped running verifier though. Should I keep it running? (does it add information to the dumps or does it just force BSOD faster?)

ramtripper, Jun 16, 2017
Thema:

BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files

1. BSOD Constantly with different errors and .sys files - Similar Threads - BSOD Constantly different

2. Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant BSODs related to "wdf01000.sys": I've recently started having issues with this particular file. Device manager tells me everything is fine, windows is up to date, all my hard drives are in top shape. I've run image file and sfc a bazillion times and nothing seems to have gone wrong with it, I've also scanned...
  3. Constant BSODs with different stopcodes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs with different stopcodes.: I have been getting BSoDs on my laptop for a while now especially but not limited to when I'm gaming. I've updated my BIOS, drivers, Gigabyte control center display and network drivers all to the latest version. I've also installed the latest windows 11 updates. I've tried to...
  4. Constant BSODs with different stopcodes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs with different stopcodes.: I have been getting BSoDs on my laptop for a while now especially but not limited to when I'm gaming. I've updated my BIOS, drivers, Gigabyte control center display and network drivers all to the latest version. I've also installed the latest windows 11 updates. I've tried to...
  5. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant different BSOD: I just Re installed win10 to a new SSD and now i can barely do anything for longer than 20 min without constant BSOD messages. I have tried every trouble shooting technique ue i could google and i just want my pc to go back to normal. What can i do...
  6. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant different BSOD: I just Re installed win10 to a new SSD and now i can barely do anything for longer than 20 min without constant BSOD messages. I have tried every trouble shooting technique ue i could google and i just want my pc to go back to normal. What can i do...
  7. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Constant BSOD with different errors

Constant BSOD with different errors: I am getting BSOD's for Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with different errors, the ones I've seen are dxgkrnl.sys and win32kbase.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-bsod-with-different-errors/0aa570f2-e0dd-4255-9238-9ce4e34769e2
  9. Constant BSOD of different types

Constant BSOD of different types: I have been hounded by various different BSODs as of late.Here is the minidump files:https://ufile.io/f/gybx4Here is the MSinfo file:https://ufile.io/u3v7cbwiHere is the Event Logs file:https://ufile.io/f/v1kvdSteps I have taken so far:1 I have tested my RAM which I think is...
  10. Different BSODs Constantly.

Different BSODs Constantly.: Hello there, lately I've been trying to boot up a newly built PC. It has booted correctly and functioned properly for periods of time, but it keeps getting BSODs, and now almost constantly. I first installed windows and got all my drivers set. It worked well and I thought it...