Windows 10: BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

Discus and support BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sébastien bUW, Aug 30, 2020.

1. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

Hello,

I have a Asus P5E3 Premium ACPI Bios Revision 003 with a Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ9450 Yorkfield, LGA775 . the system disk is mounted in sata 0 raid thanks to the system integrated into the motherboard.La carte est équipée d'un kit hyperX 2 x 1 Go de DDR3-SDRAM PC14400 CL8 KHX 14400D3K2/2GN et de deux HyperX 1Go DDR3-SDRAM 14400 KHX 14400 D3/1G.These bars being quite delicate to adjust, I kept this old version of Bios which has proven to be more stable than recent ones.

When window update offered it to me, I started installing the 2004 version of W10. The message quoted in the title emerged. I then tried removing CPU-Z, everest ultimate, OCCT, and TechpowerupGPU-Z. The PC started up more easily but the BSOD still came back after a few starts or after a few minutes of operation. I restored the disk image to version 1909, and found that TechpowerupGPU-Z would reinstall itself. It seems that I was able to neutralize it by uninstalling it manually. AI suite is not installed. There remains ASUS Wifi-AP.

Thank you in advance for giving me your help in order to correctly upgrade to the 2004 version.

:)

sébastien bUW, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Ldimsch Win User

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop (MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro) to play some games with him (mine is too bad).

As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine.

Yesterday I started the last one (windows 10 version 2004) and today the laptop stops with a BSOD after reaching the desktop.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

cpuz140_x64.sys

I already uninstalled the service pack by starting windows in safe mode and using the control panel, but the BSOD still appears with the same error messages after reaching the desktop.

Any ideas/similar problems/links for a solution or should I just backup an reinstall the whole thing (obviously not the preffered option).

I already uninstalled all sound drivers in safe mode (didn't work) and checked the windows event logs (didn't find anything).

[moved from de-de]

Ldimsch, Aug 30, 2020
  3. PHRV Win User
    dxgmms2.sys BSOD

Hello,

A while back, my computer lost power while it was installing windows updates. Since then, I've had BSODs every couple days, with various errors pointing to a driver error. These were annoying, but manageable. I tried a few basic troubleshooting steps, like
    using a removal tool for my graphics card drivers and reinstalling, but I didn't do much else.

The last couple days, the BSOD rate has ramped up, and I started seeing "dxgmms2.sys" get listed in the BSODs, which is relatively new.

I followed the instructions
    here.

And here are my dmp files resulting from that:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au4wk9mJt6sJgcFgkEXA4rOFod4-cg?e=wIzEMq

Thanks.

4. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

wdf01000.sys and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

I'm on Windows 10, 64bit

Basically, whenever I try to update my LPC controller through Device Manager, BSOD with WDF_VIOLATION occurs (culprit being wdf01000.sys)

So I try to use the driver verifier to see which driver is causing the BSOD, but then it causes BSOD (cultprit being ntoskrnl.exe)

Have no idea which driver is causing them

Please help!

Here are my list of drivers and system info: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

interestingkid005140, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

1. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004 - Similar Threads - BSOD cpuz140_x64 sys

2. BSOD after windows update - "cpuz141 x64.sys"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD after windows update - "cpuz141 x64.sys": After going through a very long sequence of windows updates on my computer. My computer is now blue screening after 15 seconds of loading in, with a message related to "cpuz141 x64.sys". I see a few months ago this subreddit had complaints about windows updates causing...
  3. BSOD after W10 2004 update?

BSOD after W10 2004 update?: Hi, I recently downloaded the Windows 10 2004 feature update and ever since this when I have been playing a specific game, I will randomly get BSOD with the error code irql_not_less_or_equal. I have tested my ram, hardware is pretty new and this only started happening after...
  4. Update 2004 BSOD

Update 2004 BSOD: Hey guys, I just discovered I'm still on Win10 1909, therefor checked for new updates. After installing 2004 i got an "inaccessable boot device" BSOD, changes were undone. Second attempt gave Error 0xc1900101, then the update was'nt available anymore. Manual update ended up...
  5. Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates cause BSOD and fail after updating to 2004: after updating Win 10 to build 2004, I try to run updates, then I get a BSOD. It restarts, then I try to run updates again and it keeps failing to install. I have ran through this twice and still same result. I have included a OneDrive link to my system info and the minidump...
  6. BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004: Have been encountering several BSoDs after successfully updated to version 2004. Already checked through and updated any outdated drivers. Still encountering crashes after updating drivers, successful DISM checks and sfc scans. Not sure why it happens, might be due to way...
  7. BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004

BSOD cpuz140_x64.sys after update 2004: My friend borrowed me his "old" laptop MSI GS63VR 6RF Stealth Pro to play some games with him mine is too bad. As always I installed new GPU drivers and checked for windows updates and the laptop worked fine. Yesterday I started the last one windows 10 version 2004 and...
  8. BSoD after update to Version 2004

BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  9. BSOD after installing 2004

BSOD after installing 2004: Hi everyone, I recently installed Windows 10 2004 using the Release Preview ring of the Insider program on my desktop PC. I am well aware of the risks and I am not complaining about that. Recently my computer keeps having BSODs that show the error kmode exception not...
  10. BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot

BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot: Hello Gang, I thought I'd post here to see if we can see what's up. Files attached. This is my main system, after the last two update cycles, when rebooting I'll get the title BSOD and it will loop. I have a CH Products Fighterstick, prop throttle and Pro Pedals....