Windows 10: BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909

Discus and support BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just updated my laptop windows 10 from 1903 to 1909. Everything was fine before that but after this update I experienced BSOD crashes related to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by flashpoint, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909

I just updated my laptop windows 10 from 1903 to 1909. Everything was fine before that but after this update I experienced BSOD crashes related to a file called “snp2uvcw10.sys.
    I had to rollback to previous 1903, it’s so frustrating that each windows 10 update ruin your work.

:)

flashpoint, Dec 4, 2019
  2. 翼昌宏 Win User

ks.sys BSOD dell built-in webcam

ok i think i kinda find how to fixed this

well at least the loop bsod everytime i plug the webcam usb or restart (while the usb plugged) stopped

i am not sure if this stable enough (random bsod)

after reading lots of bsod on net.. i found this post
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156234-ks-sys-bsod-post1340079.html#post1340079

so culprit is between webcam creative driver and westerndigital mybook smartware

so i uninstall all webcam software (that packed with the dell driver installer) and then also uninstall wd smartware (also removing all things related to both that listen on uninstall program list)

reboot the system, then plug it... windows10 automatically install the driver, it showing up as correct device

just for be safe, i reboot once more...

and then re-install smartware (i know its **** and not needed)

so far no bsod

so for people having issue, and have both device

i suggest follow the step above

Just make sure let windows detect+install webcam first

before installing wd smartware

翼昌宏, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Webcam Triggering 'Attempted Execute Of No Execute Memory' BSOD - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY Blue Screen of Death error appears when a device driver attempts to execute a program from a non-executable area of the memory. An error in the RAM (Random Access Memory) can also cause this BSOD error.

If you are using a built-in webcam, then, update the webcam driver and check if that helps.

• Press 'Windows key + X' and choose 'Device Manager'.
    • Under 'Imaging devices', right-click on the webcam driver and update the driver.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Reiten Win User

BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909

Webcam driver issues

A bit of pretext to explain the events that led up to the current problem:
    A friend of mine asked me to look at his PC(Win10), which had a BSOD problem. After a short conversation and some checking around I figured out the problem. He had tried to install Avast antivirus and failed(avast got stuck in some kind of half installed state - some of the services where started on start-up) . I'm guessing that the already installed Kaspersky antivirus, had something to do with the Avast installation failing. To fix it, I went to safe mode, killed the avast processes and uninstalled it. That took care of the BSOD.

A few days later my friend called saying that his PC can't connect to the internet. After some standard troubleshooting nothing helped so I went over and it turns out that the network adapter and sound card had driver issues. Well no problem got the drivers from the manufacturers sites and everything worked. Also to note that I checked and the webcam was working at this point.

After about 2 weeks he calls again and says that the webcam is not working. So I connected with teamviewer and checked, turns out the webcam has driver issues. The problem is that the manufacturer does not provide any drivers I could use. Another thing to note is that the microphone on the webcam is working.

The used webcam is: DEFENDER C-090 Black
    I have already confirmed that:
    • the webcam is ok - connected it to another PC works perfectly;
    • it's not a general Win10 issue - connected it to another Win10 PC found the drivers and works ok(no driver issue);
    • connected another webcam to the PC - same issue, can't find drivers;
    • there are no viruses(according to Kaspersky) and no maleware(according to MWB)

Does anyone have any suggestions, where the problem could be? I don't really want to do a Win10 reset if I can avoid it.
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

Reiten, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909

1. BSOD crash because of webcam driver conflict in 1909 - Similar Threads - BSOD crash webcam

2. Hardware Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Driver Conflicts: I am unable to update the PCI Express Root driver. In the Resource file this driver has a conflict with multiple other components. What can I do to update and negate these conflicts. I have tried and failed to update this driver through the AVG Driver Updater and manually....
  3. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  4. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  5. Conflicting driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  6. Conflicting driver updates

Conflicting driver updates: Since I upgraded to Windows 11, I experienced a constant flickering screen going black and back to normal several times per second. Luckily, I managed to fix this by installing a newer version of my Intel UHD Graphics Driver through the Intel Driver & Support...
  7. BSOD presumably from driver conflict

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD presumably from driver conflict: Hello and thanks in advance for any help. My PC has started rebooting from BSODs within the last couple weeks. I've tried to analyze the crash reports through Event Viewer without success. Following some online troubleshooting, I ran Driver Verifier, which then went to...
  8. Windows 10 Headset AND Webcam Conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Headset AND Webcam Conflict: I have Windows 10, circa 9/2020. I need to have both a Logitech headset and a Microsoft webcam/mic plugged in as I alternate between them for different contexts. One always stops functioning after I use the other. After a miserable two hours, my webcam camera is functioning...
  9. shared/conflicting drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shared/conflicting drivers: Source Trusted Installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharedconflicting-drivers/166d92d7-b1c8-45e3-983b-9f84aeccbe59
  10. BSOD pci.sys driver or Handbrake conflict

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD pci.sys driver or Handbrake conflict: Good Evening, This PC is about 10 months old, and this BSOD seems to only have started since I upgraded from W7 to W10 in September. The issue is relatively simple really. I get BSOD's when running Handbrake and Vuze. Now I have not noticed it crash while only running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snp2uvcW10.sys