Windows 10: BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.

Discus and support BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting a regular BSOD crash on my desktop. I've not managed to get to the bottom of what is causing it. If anybody would be able to shed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fr3nchi3, Nov 24, 2020.

1. fr3nchi3 Win User

BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.

Hello,

I'm getting a regular BSOD crash on my desktop. I've not managed to get to the bottom of what is causing it. If anybody would be able to shed some light on this, it would be most helpful. Here is my V2 log zip file:

DESKTOP-OFQF522-(2020-11-24_18-52-39).zip

Many thanks,
    Marc

:)

fr3nchi3, Nov 24, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. fraidso Win User
    Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why.

A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes etc. In Late June/early July, I had the HDD replaced by ACER. It continued to act up so the following week in July I had the entire tower replaced, with an indentical model.

This second TC-280 is the one currently experiencing frequent crashes. It will often go days without issue, and then have a crash with another one shortly after. The most recent crash was around 3:45 am on the morning of August 25, and one about 1:40 am on the morning of August 23. It almost crashed around 2:30 pm, today August 26 (frozen picture, buzzing sound) but it resolved itself.

It usually happens when watching videos on the computer. Youtube, from the HDD, doesn't matter. The screen will freeze and the audio will buzz until the blue screen pops up saying the system experienced an issue, and the code is DPC Watchdog Violation. However, it can also happen when doing something benign, for example, I had it freeze when simply scrolling through a text webpage.

I have done multiple Google searches and checked numerous forums and to try and fix this issue I have tried:

• Updating display/audio/chipset/etc drivers
    • Changing from HDMI-DVI to DVI-DVI to connect my monitor to the tower because I read that HDMI can cause issues
    • Turning of Fast-start up (I have since turned it back on because it made no difference)
    • Uninstalling Kaspersky (anti-virus) because I read that 3rd party antivirus can cause issues

The only thing that is constant between this computer and the last that also experienced BSOD crashes is my software (most of which I have used for years on multiple systems without issue) and monitor (again, also been using for years on multiple systems without issue) and I've searched multiple times to see if a monitor can cause this issue and have come up with nothing.

I followed the steps in the posting instructions and will attach the created zip file. Any help is greatly appreciated with this issue. It is driving me insane and I know I'm going to end up with a corrupted system/HDD if these crashes continue.

fraidso, Nov 24, 2020
  4. leganzish Win User

Frequent BSOD - I'm stumped

Hi all! New to the forum and I'm so glad I found it. I hope someone here can help me put an end to these BSODs!

I've been chasing random frequent BSOD's for months! I have tried so many things to try to solve this, and I don't want to muddy the waters. I'll include some details that I think are clues to the cause but won't include everything and let the logs do the talking. Please feel free to ask any questions if I didn't include a detail you want.

About my build:
    • Specs are in my profile.
    • Rebuilt my Win 7 HTPC back in March. Only my case, PSU, HDD, and SSD carried over. Went through Windows upgrade workflow to move to Win 10 (can't remember if it was on the old hardware or the new). Installed Plex Media Server. Don't use HTPC as a client, so it just sits running Plex Server, Unified Remote, and Nvidia utilities.
    • All drivers should be up to date (though as I write this, Nvidia notified of updated driver).
    • Currently running Version 1909. One update is failing to install recently, but the crashes started months before.

About the crashes and my efforts to solve:
    • It worked fine for about 5 days then suddenly started crashing 5-10 times a day.
    • I have tried every step on every walkthrough I have found, nothing even improves it.
    • Crashes rarely seem to be the same. There have been at least 10 different codes. (In just a few minutes today I got 1a, 1e, and 50)
    • Crashes seem to "accelerate"- meaning I can have several hours up-time before a crash, then it will crash about 20 minutes after the reboot, 1-2 minutes after that crash, seconds after boot, then won't even make it into windows before BSOD. I just hard shut down at that point and come back to it later.
    • I found this forum a couple months ago, but had the PC off for several weeks and wanted to get some fresh logs to upload. That day I also discovered that Plex and Nvidia can sometimes not play nice together. On a whim, I uninstalled/reinstalled PMS. Since then I had maybe 1 crash in over 6 weeks. I thought maybe it was fixed. Suddenly last week it started crashing and went back to the frequent (4-6/day) accelerating crashes.
    • This has all been across several Nvidia driver versions, PMS versions, and Windows updates.

I am at my wits end, and just want a reliable media server. I hope someone can get some insight from the logs:
    HTPC-(2020-09-19_18-30-00).zip

I'm happy to provide anything more needed. Huge thanks to anyone who looks into this with me!

leganzish, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent. - Similar Threads - BSOD crash every

2. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  3. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  4. BSOD every day or so

BSOD every day or so: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD lately and I'd like to know what's wrong. I only have 1 minidump file for some reason from a couple of days ago. Please let me know if you can help, and I'll upload it. Thanks...
  5. BSOD's becoming more frequent on new PC, looking for fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD's becoming more frequent on new PC, looking for fix: I've recently upgraded my PC and have been consistently encountering BSOD's over the past week. The main issues I've been having are: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL APC_INDEX_MISMATCH I've had to re-install windows twice now and would ideally not have...
  6. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs: Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years. I have had a number of different...
  7. Blue screening becoming more frequent

Blue screening becoming more frequent: I am experiencing blue screens on windows, it used to be once a week, but now it's almost daily. This is a new PC i've built, I can game on it and everything incl temperatures seem normal. I get the error 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION'. I can post the .dmp files if necessary, I...
  8. BSOD every other day or so

BSOD every other day or so: Been getting these BSOD errors for a few days now, haven't able to figure it out 84327
  9. Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent

Infrequent BSOD becoming more frequent: I see now I posted this in the wrong area of the forums. SORRY! If someone could move this to the BSOD section I would appreciate it. I built this PC three, maybe four, months ago now and haven't had many issues with it after initial troubleshoot on the build. Had to use...
  10. BSOD Every day or so

BSOD Every day or so: The system has been experiencing BSODs ever since upgrading to windows 10. No BSOD for 3+ months prior to upgrading (windows 7). The windows 10 install is a fresh clean install not an upgrade from windows 7. I have run sfc /scannow which did repair some files but two...