Windows 10: BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss.

Discus and support BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I just recently built a brand new PC and have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. Occasionally, but with some regularity, the PC will crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinBarfield, Jul 25, 2019.

1. BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss.

Hi there,

I just recently built a brand new PC and have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. Occasionally, but with some regularity, the PC will crash and reboot with WhoCrashed reporting the usual hal.dll and ntoskernal.exe being the reason.

SPECS:

Intel i7 9700k

MSI z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200 C16 RGB RAM

Corsair RM750x PSU

EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3+ Ultra Hybrid

Corsair H150i Pro RGB Platinum

=I can run CPU and GPU stress tests with zero issues or crashes

=I ran Intel's CPU Diagnostics program and it passed

=I can about six passes of memtest86 with no errors

=I seem to be able to play games for a while

=Disabled all OC on the CPU and removed OC software for GPU

=I have both CPU and GPU under water cooling and nine fans in the case, so heat shouldn't be a factor. No temps on the mobo or other component ever get over 60

=I tested both my m.2 SSDs with CHKDSC and both had no errors

=I've been able to write this whole post on a single boot whereas before the last crash I was only able to browse Amazon for a minute or two (I'm using a single stick of RAM with no XMP)

The MAIN time it seems like it crashes is when I'm using Chrome and browsing things. I haven't noticed any crashes outside of that, to my recollection. Thought it might be something to do with RAM. Tested RAM in every way I can think. Repeating the issue is hard sometimes, especially with XMP off. Seemed like maybe it was something else.

I thought I had it pinned down to a driver issue with Corsair's iCue program as it only seems to start when I install that. I did a completely fresh install of Windows this morning, got it all set up and running with no issues or crashes, then finally installed iCue to test it and then it crashed within a few minutes. Ran the system file checker and repaired some corrupted files after uninstalling iCue and the PC ran just fine with as many programs as I could have open and as many chrome tabs as I felt like opening for hours, then eventually crashed again with the most recent DMP. Booted back up to look in WhoCrashed and write this and it hasn't crashed yet.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's causing this and BlueScreenViewer is like looking through gibberish to me. I'm trying to figure out if it's a purely hardware issue or if it's a driver corrupting system files like I had been thinking most of today. Since I didn't do a completely clean OS install after removing iCue, could it be something left over from that? This will be my 4th time installing Windows in two days, so I'm currently pulling my hair out trying to nail it down.

Here is a Dropbox link to some of the recent minidumps in a ZIP. If there's another way I should be uploading it, please let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hpw26xwyox0mfr/minidumps.zip?dl=0

If there's any other information you guys need or you have any suggestions, please do let me know. I'm pulling my hair out here as I've already had to replace the CPU cooler.

Thanks!

:)

KevinBarfield, Jul 25, 2019
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, Jul 25, 2019
  3. sourpatch Win User
    sourpatch, Jul 25, 2019
  4. sourpatch Win User

BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss.

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

Hello zbook and thank you!

1). My system successfully created another dump file (usually it would hang): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

2). I uninstalled all AMD related software and gpu drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. I was able to reinstall just the AMD gpu driver by extracting the software package and obtaining the driver folder with 7zip.

3). I ran both sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. No errors found on either scan. I could not post a picture because the command prompt window would immediately close after the test was finished.

4). Bios is up to date.

5). I reset Bios.

6). Prime95 would freeze my pc everytime between 20-30min into test. CPU temps topped out at 70c average.

BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss. [​IMG]

7). Ran memtest86+ for 15 hours and made 11 passes with no errors.

BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss. [​IMG]

8). HD Sentinel results were good:

9). chkdsk results:

10). Typical temps for my PC.
    • A). Idle Temps:

• B). Temps after 20 min of gaming:

11). I will be running FurMark tonight and will monitor temps.

12). Updated my personal Ten Forums System Specs as well.

sourpatch, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss.

1. BSOD/Crash in hal.dll/pshed.dll/ntoskrnl.exe - Tried everything, at a loss. - Similar Threads - BSOD Crash hal

2. game crash into d3d9on12.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game crash into d3d9on12.dll: OSwin10 or win11Video cardi5-12600K or i5-13600K core graphicscrash stackYou can download the game from:https://www.aliyundrive.com/s/CAyUekS2xmmax30 run v.bat to play videothen wait for the crashI'm a game developer, I look forward to hearing from you. thanks...
  3. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  4. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  5. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll

MSVCP140.dll & VCRUNTIME140.dll: My computer seems to be missing key files and cant download any programs and it gives me these codes saying it couldn't find them. can i download these files for the computer to use to help download my programs?...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. vcruntime140.dll & msvcp140.dll missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vcruntime140.dll & msvcp140.dll missing: I have searched far and wide and for these files and I can't seem to find them, or any solution at all to my problem. Let preface this by saying that I have 3 different drives on my computer. My C: drive is an SSD with only 64 GB on it. It's my main drive where all my...
  9. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  10. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing, tried most things.

MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll missing, tried most things.: I've got a rather new computer and I have never had this issue before. It started when I tried to download Creative Cloud. And after that programs that had worked before started having the same issue? I've so far tried to reinstall and restart in all combinations. Download...