Windows 10: BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times

Discus and support BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Crimsy, May 3, 2019.

1. Crimsy Win User

BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times

Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a certain amount of time before I would get either another BSOD or white, black, pink or other colored screen crashes.

The crashes occur randomly it seems, regardless of the program I'm using.

I have tried the following:
    • Memtest86+ Test running overnight: No errors
    • Updating BIOS
    • Updating, rolling back, and updating again the GPU driver
    • Updating any other drovers
    • Using one stick of RAM, alternating between the two.
    • GPU stress test: No issues

I would greatly appreciate if someone would kindly go through my Beta Log Collector file and assist me.

:)

Crimsy, May 3, 2019
  2. Crimsy Win User

Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a certain amount of time before I would get either another BSOD or white, black, pink or other colored screen crashes.

The crashes occur randomly it seems, regardless of the program I'm using.

I have tried the following:
    • Memtest86+ Test running overnight: No errors
    • Updating BIOS
    • Updating, rolling back, and updating again the GPU driver
    • Updating any other drivers I could think of
    • Using one stick of RAM, alternating between the two.
    • GPU stress test: No issues
    • Virus and malware scans

I would greatly appreciate if someone would kindly go through my Beta Log Collector file and assist me.

Crimsy, May 3, 2019
  3. ElderJohn Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, May 3, 2019
  4. JamesBSOD Win User

Random BSOD on cold boot

Random blue screen of death on cold start, fine after reboot.

There are post from 2010 about this I would just like a more updated version if possible I've installed windows 10 fresh already.

JamesBSOD, May 3, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times - Similar Threads - BSOD Crash Cold

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSODs every time i cold boot

BSODs every time i cold boot: i built a computer with aftermarket parts for intense workloads... but everytime i do a cold boot or turn it off completely, it displays a BSOD from various types 12b,1a, Live kernel 1a1,3b and so on... every time is a different error... the catch here is, once the BSOD...
  6. Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random

Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random: Since getting my new hardware and installing everything from scratch I get a lot of BSODs. 90% after a "cold boot" and I have had one earlier while browsing in Google Chrome. Afaik I should have installed all drivers and I have also tried another clean reinstall of Windows...
  7. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  10. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014