Windows 10: BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has recently crashed a few times with the Stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have gathered some system info and the Minidump DMP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnteroR., Mar 4, 2020.

1. AnteroR. Win User

BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

My computer has recently crashed a few times with the Stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have gathered some system info and the Minidump DMP files for checking, the download link can be below.

Could you kindly help me highlight the reason for these blue screen crashes?

Thank you!

Antero

Diagnotic material: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zv6k9qt0tat1ywz/AACXmjBehPc1qjphtymO69UZa?dl=0

:)

AnteroR., Mar 4, 2020

2. Stop Code: Driver_Power_State_Failure?

What is Stop Code: Driver_Power_State_Failure? USB suddenly not recognizing External HD on USB.

jerrylawson, Mar 4, 2020
  3. ttrance7 Win User
    BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I don't know where to begin. Laptop was working fine again for last week or so after last BSOD issue that Axe0 helpled me with. I re-installed the WAN Wireless driver & Intel Chipset drivers that i was instructed to do and seemed to be working fine.

Just before, i woke laptop from sleep to find my internet icon on bottom right of taskbar had showed a red x with no connections available. I then tried to restart laptop, it was stuck with restarting and white circles just loading for ages then eventually the BSOD with the Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE appeared. I rebooted, looked in Device Manager & Network Adaptors it showed 8 new entries called "WAN miniport...." I then rebooted again, looked in device manager again & saw that those entries had dissappeared and now was left with the normal 2 network entries.

I then came in here to start this thread, then while in this thread ANOTHER BSOD happened, this time with the Stop Code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and next to "What failed:" showed that again igdkmd64.sys.

I don't know what to do. I have had nothing but problems with this laptop and Windows 10. I did a complete, clean re-install of Windows 10 a few months ago and it seemed to be helping (I had major BSOD before that and various other problems) but now these multiple, different BSODS have started happening again. I'm at a total loss and feel helpless.

Would appreciate some help again. Sorry for the trouble. I uploaded the dm log collector zip file but because i literally got two different BSODs, the second one happening right in here when i started this thread for the first DRIVER STATE FAILURE problem, i'm worrired this file will overwrite the log of the 1st BSOD and only show the second BSOD log? Sorry if that didnt' make sense. Just hoping i can get this laptop running stable again.

Thanks again.

ttrance7, Mar 4, 2020
  4. KristenBg Win User

BSOD- nt_wrong_symbols.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I've been getting a BSOD every time I try to play certain games (IE: Fallout 4, sometimes Sims 4, where others (Overwatch, State of Decay, etc) work perfectly)

According to who crashed:

On Sun 1/7/2018 8:27:59 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010718-9750-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nt_wrong_symbols.sys (nt_wrong_symbols)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFAA0BC8DA0060, 0xFFFFF80394D0A7F0, 0xFFFFAA0BCBAEBB80)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.

This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nt_wrong_symbols.sys .

Google query: nt_wrong_symbols.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Dump file is located here: One DriveThese are my computers specifics (according to Speccy): Direct
    File

I would appreciate any help in determining the issue, thank you!

KristenBg, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD - Crash w. Stop Code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD Crash Stop

2. BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Help! I constantly get a BSOD for Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It happens randomly and when it restarts, my PC works fine until I receive the BSOD again. The frequency varies and it even happens when I am not running anything. I ran the minidump in Window Debugger...
  3. BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD!!! Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Help! I constantly get a BSOD for Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. It happens randomly and when it restarts, my PC works fine until I receive the BSOD again. The frequency varies and it even happens when I am not running anything. I ran the minidump in Window Debugger...
  4. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I mostly bought it for editing purposes. But following a month or so, it began to to display BSOD errors quite often,...
  5. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi everybody. So, I received a newly built PC last month, and since then it has been crashing on me repeatedly. The system is barely a month old, and I mostly bought it for editing purposes. But following a month or so, it began to to display BSOD errors quite often,...
  6. BSOD Crash: Driver_Power_State_Failure

7. System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello!I have a problem with my laptop - it crashes to BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Usually it happens when I'm using a software which needs a camera\microphone Zoom, Chrome on sites like Google Meets.In Windows Event Log this event appears before last four...
  8. System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

System crash - BSOD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello!I have a problem with my laptop - it crashes to BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Usually it happens when I'm using a software which needs a camera\microphone Zoom, Chrome on sites like Google Meets.In Windows Event Log this event appears before last four...
  9. STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOP CODE: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello, My computer has been experiencing blue-screens randomly. It always gives the same stop code on each blue screen, and it has started to blue-screen at least once every few days, on some occasions having two blue-screens within an hour apart from each other. Could...
  10. BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Stop Code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I don't know where to begin. Laptop was working fine again for last week or so after last BSOD issue that Axe0 helpled me with. I re-installed the WAN Wireless driver & Intel Chipset drivers that i was instructed to do and seemed to be working fine. Just before, i woke...