Windows 10: BSOD crash when reseting windows, automatic repair

Discus and support BSOD crash when reseting windows, automatic repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 home edition Version 2004 build 19041.423 Hi everyone recently I did some driver update through a third party software. These are the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoRMAL, Aug 5, 2020.

1. NoRMAL Win User

BSOD crash when reseting windows, automatic repair

Windows 10 home edition
    Version 2004 build 19041.423

Hi everyone recently I did some driver update through a third party software. These are the two drivers which I updated.
    -Intel display audio
    -IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers - Intel 6th generation core processor family platform i/o SATA AHCI controller driver

After the update I got the 100% disk usage issue, boot time is very slow,unresponsive Apps,heavy lags in some games and I tried some solutions based on many websites and Tutorials in YouTube, it's all the same solutions they are giving. So I had no choice but to reset my laptop. So I tried reset my laptop from recovery settings , ly the device automatically restart after preparing progress(60%) but every time when restarting I'm getting this Blue screen( See the attachment)

Stop code - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I tried several time through recovery settings and from advance recovery settings, and also I tried some solutions like reset the virtual memory. I did a long generic test for RAM issues using MemTest86 (See the attachment for the results) and did a full scan of my drive using Seagate but I found no errors. No system files missing ( Did a system file check), windows is fully updated, found no virus or malware, tried roll back the driver,disable the driver but no luck.I tried to do a automatic repair,startup repair but the blue screen with the same error coming when I tried to do a automatic repair. So I can't do those either but I can boot safe mode. I contacted an online agent from microsoft and it's useless because they give no solution but keep saying same thing over and over again. I know it's my fault for this error but at least they could give me some solutions. This forum was recommended by a friend of mine so I hope you guys can help me out. Thank you.Attachment 291239Attachment 291239

:)

NoRMAL, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Aug 5, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD crash when reseting windows, automatic repair - Similar Threads - BSOD crash reseting

2. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop: So I have actually already posted this issue in part, but its really become a whole different issue now. Originally I was trying to fix a BSOD caused by CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, with this being the error in the Event Viewer:<Event...
  3. BSoD into Automatic Repair issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD into Automatic Repair issues: After a power outage which lasted a couple of minutes, my computer turned on automatically i shut it down the night before and this is the first time it has come back on, i was met with a blue screen saying it needs to restart, and once it did it started 'Automatic Repair',...
  4. BSoD into Automatic Repair issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD into Automatic Repair issues: After a power outage which lasted a couple of minutes, my computer turned on automatically i shut it down the night before and this is the first time it has come back on, i was met with a blue screen saying it needs to restart, and once it did it started 'Automatic Repair',...
  5. Automatic repair freezing and BSOD

Automatic repair freezing and BSOD: My pc can't get past the automatic repair thing when booting and the screen just stays black or blue. I've tried using my USB with windows installation media but can't get that to boot either, the screen goes blue and freezes. I was able to access it by disabling my hdd but I...
  6. BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops

BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops: I'm guessing an update came thru at the end of last week? Since Thursday I have been unable to get my workstation with Windows 10 back up and running. I've checked tons of forums and watched lots of videos but to no avail. Please help! I even went to RESET THIS PC - keep...
  7. Stuck on Automatic Repair and then in resetting

Stuck on Automatic Repair and then in resetting: Hi, I was working in my laptop and suddenly some blue screen came out that some thing went wrong and restating my laptop then automatic repairing appears. 4 5 hour gone nothing happen it stuck on that ..... then i try to reset my laptop when it starts it also stuck on 1% it...
  8. Bsod - automatic repair not working?

Bsod - automatic repair not working?: Hello. After an update I installed today, I had to restart my system. After the restart, i got the Blue Screen Of Death. I restarted 3 times and got the automatic repair. After that, I've just been waiting, and nothing happens. What should i do?...
  9. "preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod

"preparing automatic repairs" Then bsod: Hi there, I purchased a hp pavilion laptop a few months ago with Windows 10 pre-installed. I haven't used it for a few days, turned it on this evening and I got a message on boot up saying "preparing automatic repairs" and then my screen goes blank 3-5 seconds later....
  10. Windows 10 automatic repair and reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 automatic repair and reset: Hello guys, i'm new use win 10, my windows upgrade from 8.1, i had some problem: 1. Stuck on windows automatic repair, log files: g:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\logfiles\Srt\Srt.trail.txt I've read some article and watch on ytube to reseting but when i try to...