Windows 10: BSOD crash while Shutting down

Discus and support BSOD crash while Shutting down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PalakNarula, Feb 20, 2022.

1. BSOD crash while Shutting down

Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works completely fine except the crash.I do undervolt my cpu for controlling temperatures. I have been doing this for 2 years on this machine so I don't think this is the issue.Still I stopped doing that for a week but the issue persisted.I have attached a onedrive link to the minidump file from the windows folder. Please tell me what's the issue.DumpFile

:)

PalakNarula, Feb 20, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 20, 2022
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD crash while Shutting down

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

BSOD crash while Shutting down

1. BSOD crash while Shutting down - Similar Threads - BSOD crash while

2. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  3. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  4. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashing and shutting down - not BSOD

Computer crashing and shutting down - not BSOD: Hi there,Windows keeps shutting down and I need help fixing some errors which keep recurring.I updated my NVIDIA Driver but the same error is occurring.When I check in reliability monitor, I get the following:A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  6. Computer crashing and shutting down - not BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing and shutting down - not BSOD: Hi there,Windows keeps shutting down and I need help fixing some errors which keep recurring.I updated my NVIDIA Driver but the same error is occurring.When I check in reliability monitor, I get the following:A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working...
  7. Computer crashing and shutting down - not BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD crash while Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD crash while Shutting down: Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works completely fine except the crash.I do undervolt my cpu for controlling temperatures. I have been doing this for 2 years on...
  9. BSOD crash while Shutting down

BSOD crash while Shutting down: Laptop crashes everytime during the Shutting Down screen within seconds.I run windows 10 and it's completely updated.No other issues. Everything works completely fine except the crash.I do undervolt my cpu for controlling temperatures. I have been doing this for 2 years on...
  10. BSOD while shutting down...?

BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742