Windows 10: BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

Discus and support BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting a lot of BSOD crashes when playing games, but I never got any of these crashes until I got a Red Devil RX 5700 XT GPU. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brandon345, Jan 12, 2020.

1. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

I have been getting a lot of BSOD crashes when playing games, but I never got any of these crashes until I got a Red Devil RX 5700 XT GPU. I have gotten:

ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY
    kmode_exception_not_handled

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

All of my drivers are up to date as well as the games I am playing. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic app and it said that nothing was wrong. Ive used DDU to clean up my graphics drivers as I went from NVIDIA to AMD, and even did a clean install on windows.

Here are my specs:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Model: Z370XP SLI

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F5, 11/9/2017

Installed Physical Memory RAM: 16.0 GB

GPU: Red Devil AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

RADEON Driver: 20.1.1

PSU: EVGA 750 BQ

I am also attaching the minidump files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wglpX8U2pkXyegDNqa5LwmwFydaQkT2h

please let me know if you need any more information

Thank you.

:)

Brandon345, Jan 12, 2020
  2. DRDNA Win User

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

SO the Logs showed no errors at all during them times? They will be listed with a RED X Circle?????

Well if you just installed Windows 7 then make sure you have all your mobo drivers (chipset and all that stuff) from the mono vendor website, Then make sure you have your .net installed and updated as well as Direct X...THEN INSTALL THE AMD CATS!

DRDNA, Jan 12, 2020
  3. xSil3nt Win User
    BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU

I cannot find any download links to drivers on the Dell website. When i enter my service tag, it only shows manuals, warranty and system config info. There are no links to drivers on the page for me. Should i start with drivers from AMD?

BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU [​IMG]

xSil3nt, Jan 12, 2020
  4. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

AMD Display Driver Install Causing Crash on Windows 10

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • AMD R9 380x
    • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Desktop, custom
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 64bit
    • Driver version installed
      • Trying to install Crimson Edition 16.3.2
    • Display Devices
      • Lenovo, HDMI
    • Motherboard
      • ASUS H110M-A
    • CPU/APU
      • Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz
    • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
      • EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze
    • RAM
      • 8GB
    Describe your issue:

• Brand new system ran fine for a month. Two days ago screen randomly started to go green. Solid green not a tint. It was also flickering and having weird pixelated issues. Took out GPU and put it back in to check connection. Checked all power supply
      connections. Everything good. Turned PC on and got vertical white lines across the screen and couldn't make it to boot before going black. Plugged HDMI into onboard display and was able to boot but would crash to BSOD withing seconds and give video.tdr failure
      (atikmpag.sys). I safe mode booted and used ddu to uninstall display driver and boot from Windows Basic Display Adapter. At this point my build became stable and now I use the computer, without the graphics card. I downloaded latest display drivers from support.amd.com
      but when I attempt to install the system crashes to BSOD with same video.tdr failure. Upon looking at the display driver in the device manager (in safe mode again) I get a Code 52.
    • I have attempted to install the Crimson 16.3.2 edition for Windows 10 and 8.1 64bit edition, both with same results.
    • I attempted to alter the atikmpag.sys file through tutorials I found online to no result.
    • I attempted to block Windows Update from downloading the latest drivers and installing them with no result.
    • I attempted a fresh install but as soon as updates were downloaded and installed it crashed again.
    • I'm at a loss as to what to do now. Please help.

Mithrawn05, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

1. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU - Similar Threads - BSOD crashes installing

2. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  3. AMD GPU crashing all time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU crashing all time: Hello!I have problem with my R9 380 amd GPUIt freezes the screen, some secounds after this it frezees the mouse,after this black screen and screen comes back after 5-10 secoundsIt gives me display error 4101In event logger : The amdkmdag display driver stopped responding but...
  4. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  5. Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password not accepted after installing AMD GPU drivers (reproduced): So I had issues with an existing Windows 10 install and reinstalled the latest AMD GPU drivers. Up to that point I was using a PIN to login to Windows. After rebooting Windows now asks for my password but doesn't accept it. I try several times, reboot a couple of times, make...
  6. BSOD After Installing New GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Installing New GPU: Switched from Nvidia GPU to AMD. Ran DDU to clear drivers before installing new GPU. Now getting BSOD every 15-30 minutes. Never had BSOD on this machine before. No issue reinstalling Win if I need to, just want to make sure it's not an issue with the new GPU. Win10 v1909 OS...
  7. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  8. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  9. AMD GPU

AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  10. Multiple BSOD, after installing second GPU AMD crossfire,

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple BSOD, after installing second GPU AMD crossfire,: Can anyone walk me through how i should be getting rid of this BSOD..... After i installed my second AMD Radeon 7900 HD Series GPU , and hooked up the crossfire cable and whatnot , i started the PC , went into CCC and enable Crossfire. It went BSOD , so after that i took out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. XT5700 bsod

2. xt5700 bluescreen