Windows 10: BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup

Discus and support BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been getting nowhere today having finally built my new pc this week, I have installed Windows 10 from a formatted USB and activated it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanRobertKelly, Mar 9, 2019.

1. BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup

Hello,

I have been getting nowhere today having finally built my new pc this week, I have installed Windows 10 from a formatted USB and activated it using a key purchased online, in the process of setting up essential programs, i.e. chrome, antivirus (in this case Avast), trying to run updates and install my drivers from discs provided, it has worked initially then begun to have blue screen crashes. Eventually in the process of trying to solve it these crashes became so frequent I ended up in a boot loop situation, having tried to repair it with both sfc scannow and the automatic repair during the boot loop sequence (both completely helpless). Eventually I decided the only remaining option was a clean reinstall, having only just set up the thing I didn't exactly have anything to back up. This provided me with some optimism, the reinstall went smoothly and, having only got round to installing the driver for my usb wi-fi dongle first time round, I made sure to install the driver for my Asus motherboard, the one for my dongle again, and the one for my Gigabyte graphics card, using the discs provided. I was in the process of trying to complete this with further windows updates and downloading any updates more recent than the discs from the driver sites, but before long I wound up in the same situation again, eventually ending up in a boot loop again, with pretty much the same mixture of BSOD errors.

I had a look here, having come across it on my search for help: https://www.lifewire.com/blue-screen-error-codes-4065576 - I came across most of not all the errors I noted down here, a mixture of errors that are (according to youtube help videos) pretty common errors and a few errors described on here as "uncommon". Many of my errors seem to relate to KMODE/Kernel mode issues, judging by the causes listed for these various errors and the scan results I got using Avast, it's either an issue with the registry (Avast came up with several errors relating to HKEY and specifically HKEY LOCAL MACHINE registry errors), an issue with memory, a problem with a driver or a combination of these. I am hoping it isn't a hardware issue, I ran the memory diagnostic with the first Windows setup and it didn't detect any issues, which I guess is a good thing, though it would make my life a lot easier if it were just a case of replacing a faulty ram input.

Here is my setup:

Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING motherboard

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming 8G graphics card

Gigabyte SSD M.2 2280 PCIe x2

Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 2 x 8GB 3200MHz RAM

EVGA Supernova 750 G3 power supply

I am new to building and came up with this setup with a friend who knows his stuff about building, specs etc. The building part was fun and rewarding, I had issues but managed to solve them, but today with the software/driver error issues I have just been going round in circles. I should add I had to wait a few weeks to actually start building this, as I had to send back my CPU and motherboard due to it not dropping into the AM4 slot properly. The CPU was sent back as they found no errors, they replaced the Asus motherboard. I went into the BIOS too and checked everything over, everything seems fine, the only thing that seemed necessary was altering the RAM frequency to match what I ordered (I changed it from auto to 3200).

Here is a list of the errors I managed to write down, as between the two install attempts of Windows, I had the same with each i.e. it alternating between the various BSOD errors, it giving me so many error messages makes it a bit difficult for me to diagnose what the issue is (This first lot is from post-its so roughly in order and I think most of these just came up during the first installation):

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    one mentioned an issue with system\32\ntoskrnl.exe, giving the error numbers 0xc0000221 and 0xc000021a

another mentioned an issue with drivers/vmbus.sys with the error code 0xc0000221

another gave me the numbers 0x1900101 and 0x20017 with the error INSTALLATION FAILED IN THE SAFE OS_PHASE

Here are the rest of the errors I noted down, which occurred in both. At the moment I am also having "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" and this is probably the most common I am getting at the moment along with "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" (In no particular order):

NON PAGE ERROR

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

0X800736CC

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

VMBUS ERROR

PFN LIST CORRUPT

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NO EXECUTE MEMORY

That and as I said Avast came up with several issues with the HKEY registry. Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to be thorough, especially as I am in the situation again of not being able to log in to Windows on there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sean

:)

SeanRobertKelly, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 9, 2019
  4. BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup

Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup

1. BSOD crashes on new Windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - BSOD crashes setup

2. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  3. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.: I have recently installed windows 10 on my computer. I had various difficulties with this along the way. Now I have a problem where Windows 10 crashes my computer during setup. I'm able to get to the point where this is audio that says "I am Cortana...". Sometimes I'm able to...
  4. Windows 10 crashes computer during setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New Windows 10 Rig Crashing BSOD - No idea why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 Rig Crashing BSOD - No idea why: Hi, I previously asked this question but I'm not sure if there's a certain way to reopen a question or not as there are more details on this, I previously made this question here:...
  6. New PC crashing, no BSOD

New PC crashing, no BSOD: I just finished building this PC, and it runs fine most of the time. However, seemingly at random the screen will freeze, followed by loss of video output. I then have to long-press the power button to restart. Any help with diagnosing this issue would be much appreciated!...
  7. Windows 10 setup on new pc crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 setup on new pc crashing: Trying to clean install windows on new pc via dvd disc. All good untill it reaches "installing updates" and then crashes and pc restarts. Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix it? submitted by /u/VoliTheKing [link] [comments]...
  8. BSOD on new Ryzen 3700X setup

BSOD on new Ryzen 3700X setup: Hi, I installed Windows 10 Pro on a new PC, AMD Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM (thoroughly tested with memtest, no errors), Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite. I get very often BSOD, I attach the V2 logs: DIMITRIS-PC-(2019-09-28_02-42-54).zip 141406
  9. Games/Setups crashing and a frequent Bsods.

Games/Setups crashing and a frequent Bsods.: Problem1: My PC gets a BSoD about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT a few times. Problem2: Every game or setup crashes. While playing GTA 5 it shows Game Data corrupted and crashes while other games crash to desktop. Setups of large applications/games crash during installation....
  10. Windows 10 Setup Crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup Crash: Hi guys my first post here... I am having an issue with Windows 10 during the initial setup after it has been installed. My PC restarted as normal which brang me to the first screen (Welcome back, Jon! etc). I click next and the computer freezes and restarts itself and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 bsod on initial setup