Windows 10: BSOD Crashes since updating from the April 2018 version of Windows 10

Discus and support BSOD Crashes since updating from the April 2018 version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having frequent and seemingly random bluescreen crashes after installing the latest version of windows. I have completely refreshed my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TileaPhoenixTilea, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BSOD Crashes since updating from the April 2018 version of Windows 10

I've been having frequent and seemingly random bluescreen crashes after installing the latest version of windows. I have completely refreshed my system and I am still getting this problem. I've been trying to analyze the crash, but it is being blamed on the ntoskernal.exe file, which I know means it's probably caused by another driver. However, I have no idea how to find out what is happening.

Here is the minidump file

==================================================
    Dump File : 022420-28953-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 2/24/2020 2:04:48 PM
    Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
    Parameter 1 : ffffb450`43d225b0
    Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 3 : fffff809`62992793
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000002
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510
    File Description :
    Product Name :
    Company :
    File Version :
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c1510
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\022420-28953-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 12
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 18362
    Dump File Size : 789,052
    Dump File Time : 2/24/2020 2:06:29 PM
    ==================================================

:)

TileaPhoenixTilea, Feb 24, 2020
  2. yangwu90 Win User

Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

BSOD Crashes since updating from the April 2018 version of Windows 10

1. BSOD Crashes since updating from the April 2018 version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Crashes since

2. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: The install finishes but then leaves a white screen - I do not believe it is the white screen of death as there is a menu in the top left corner. It is asks several questions such as voice activation etc but the problem is that there is NO way out of that screen and I have to...
  3. April 10th 2018 Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    April 10th 2018 Version of Windows: So I received a popup tonight telling me that the April 10th 2018 version of Windows would no longer be supported after this November, and was prompted to update and restart. I did so, no biggy. After about half an hour on my PC, I got the same pop-up and prompt again! I...
  4. windows update April 2018

windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  5. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...
  6. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: I am an American temporarily in Greece and am trying to load the New Windows 10 Update from April 2018. This update is taking several hours. Also, my screen seems to be stuck between the"Hi" and "this may take a few minutes" screens. Could this be because I am in a...
  7. Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Restoring previous version of Windows...

Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Restoring previous version of Windows...: So basically, every time I attempt to complete the April 2018 Windows 10 update, once it is complete, it will take about 30 minutes on the boot-up screen saying "Restoring the previous version of Windows..." Are there any fixes?...
  8. Win 10 2018 April Update

Win 10 2018 April Update: I have 2 failed attempts for Win 10 April update with error code 0xc1900101 The last attempt was on 11 July 2018. Since then I have tried The Update Assisstant 4 times. Need help to resolve this without upgrading...
  9. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  10. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...