Windows 10: BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading

Discus and support BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since April 16h my computer has been crashing to the sad windows blue screen as soon as iRacing starts loading into a session about 1/10 of the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrisRoberts, Apr 25, 2019.

1. BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading

Since April 16h my computer has been crashing to the sad windows blue screen as soon as iRacing starts loading into a session about 1/10 of the time. When it has loaded in, its been fine and never crashed except at the very start of the loading process. I believe they crash at the end of the "Validating Installation" progress bar pop-up, before the "Connecting" one appears.

Here is a video of what happens:

BSOD Crash Loading iRacing

This time it said SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION but I've also seen KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

The BSOD is abrupt and there is no iRacing crash log.

---

I have tried re-formatting and installing windows fresh and the crashes still happen.

I also run iRacing on a second computer I use to stream, and that one has been crashing in the same way. The fact that both computers are very different in hardware and configuration makes me disinclined to believe its coincidental spontaneous hardware/memory/driver issues on both computers.

---

I have reached out to both iRacing and Easy Anti Cheat but both of their responses have indicated the crash is within the windows kernel and they are not enthusiastic about helping diagnose the issue.

---

The application WhoCrashed has been suggested and this is typical of the report I get when it analyzes the windows dump file:

System Information (local)

[COLOR=000000]Computer name: GIMLI
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8Z77-V PRO/THUNDERBOLT
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 17047506944 bytes (15.9GB)

[/COLOR]

Crash Dump Analysis

[COLOR=000000]Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Crash dump directories: [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=000000]C:\WINDOWS[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=000000]C:\WINDOWS\Minidump[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]On Sat 4/20/2019 7:35:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    uptime: 00:17:39
    This was probably caused by the following module: [COLOR=000000]dxgmms2.sys[/COLOR] (dxgmms2![/COLOR]
    [COLOR=000000]On Sat 4/20/2019 7:35:56 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042019-[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=000000]On Sat 4/20/2019 7:17:38 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\042019-[/COLOR]

Conclusion

[COLOR=000000]3 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. [/COLOR]

:)

KrisRoberts, Apr 25, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 25, 2019
  3. 0x00a59b98 referenced memory at 0x00000000 error when running iRacing game on Windows 10

Hello Darren,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above resolution, I understand you are getting the above error message when trying to run a Carburetor Cup race at Daytona on iRacing and you have tried formatting and reformatting to resolve the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which browser are you using to play iRacing?
    • What did you try to format and re-install when you say “We have tried formatting and reinstalling,”?

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you run the game on the other web browser.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 25, 2019
  4. BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading

iRacing

I have a buddy, Jason L. or ljason8eg who is a big time iRacing user. Also an editor for the website for articles. Ive always wanted to try it out, but rather wait till I get a wheel, but I don't that'll be any time soon.

MxPhenom 216, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading

1. BSOD crashing as soon as iRacing starts loading - Similar Threads - BSOD crashing soon

2. PC won’t stop crashing as soon as I start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t stop crashing as soon as I start it: Hi!So I was using my PC as normal and it suddenly crashed, I restarted it but now anytime I turn it on the blue screen with error code 0xc000021a pops up right away.I tried multiple times to repair it by using command prompt as it wont let me restart the pc or go into safe...
  3. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  4. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes as soon as I start a game: Hello, I have the problem that my pc crashes shortly after I start a game but runs fine when a game is not started.Me and my father can’t seem so figure out what the problem is. Overheating ist definitely not a problem my graphic drivers are up to date and i just don’t know...
  5. PC crashes as soon as I start a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. System crashes soon after starts a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes soon after starts a game.: Hello,I just build a gaming PC last week. This week I started playing Valorant suddenly after a few minutes system crashed and I force restarted. Then it boots up to BIOS and I found that there is no bootable device available. I turned off off the system and booted once...
  7. System crashes soon after starts a game.

System crashes soon after starts a game.: Hello,I just build a gaming PC last week. This week I started playing Valorant suddenly after a few minutes system crashed and I force restarted. Then it boots up to BIOS and I found that there is no bootable device available. I turned off off the system and booted once...
  8. System crashes while iRacing LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System crashes while iRacing LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117: Computer freezes and reboots.3080ti GPUUsing reliability monitor shows multiple errors, I'm not sure which comes first but involve:LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117.Windows up to date.I dont see a file in C:\Windows\MinidumpI am more than happy to provide whatever system info...
  9. System crashes while iRacing LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117

System crashes while iRacing LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117: Computer freezes and reboots.3080ti GPUUsing reliability monitor shows multiple errors, I'm not sure which comes first but involve:LiveKernelEvent 144, 193 and 117.Windows up to date.I dont see a file in C:\Windows\MinidumpI am more than happy to provide whatever system info...
  10. A few apps crash/close as soon as they are started.

A few apps crash/close as soon as they are started.: Hi guys, so a few apps are giving me issues and I can't seem to fix them. Problems: Apps that completely crash or close out when I start them: Xbox, People, Phone Companion. Groove Music and Movies and TV crash on startup 99% of the time, but for whatever random reason...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iracing loading bsod kernel security check failure

2. iracing audio driver bsod

3. iracing crashing to desktop

4. iracing blue screen,
  5. iracing crashes while loading,
  6. iracing bsod,
  7. bsod after update in iracing,
  8. iracing crashes loading,
  9. iracing loading page crash,
  10. is KB4499183 crashing the pc