Windows 10: BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month

Discus and support BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Our family computer has been crashing off and on for the past month. I say family computer, because my son has turned it into his gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tallen234, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Tallen234 Win User

BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month

Hi All,

Our family computer has been crashing off and on for the past month. I say family computer, because my son has turned it into his gaming computer. So, there are additional variables that I needed to consider in diagnosing the reason for it crashing. He did get a gaming keyboard, mouse and headset for Christmas, so I am wondering if there is a conflict with these new additions. I've updated the drivers, including the nvidia video drivers. What typically happens is the computer freezes (sometimes the web browser box will go black first), the computer freezes and then the monitor goes grey. There is still power going to the monitor. The computer doesn't restart or turn off. It sounds like the fan clicks on. When I look at the event log, it looks like I am getting a 141 hardware error code. Here are links to the various files requested by you guys:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Tallen234, Jan 30, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

There are a few different situations you could call crashes.
    • A BSOD crash,
    • A system freeze,
    • A reboot or shutdown.

Which of them do you mean?
    In the BSOD section we only help with BSOD crashes, for the other crashes you need to be at another section of the forum.

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 30, 2021
  4. BIC
    BIC Win User

Can't get past BSOD

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Put the WIN10XPE file on clean thumb drive. Switched to Legacy Boot. Highlighted USB on Boot list and hit Enter. Got MBR error. Was also going to try burning file to DVD from another PC but got error burning and can't open DVD on Dell desktop, even with paper clip in small hole. See attached screenshots. Thanks.
    BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month [​IMG]

Thema:

1. BSOD: Crashing Off and On for the past month - Similar Threads - BSOD Crashing Off

2. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...
  3. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...
  4. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  5. BSOD on and off for months now

BSOD on and off for months now: I built a pc late last year and have been having on and off BSOD issues. Specs are Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3070 FE, Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3600, ASUS TUF X570 Pro, Western Digital Black 500 gb nvme, Western Digital 2 tb hdd, and EVGA supernova 750 GT. My original build had a...
  6. Different BSOD's for the past three months.

Different BSOD's for the past three months.: Hi, so, for the last three months i got constans BSOD's. They don't appear when im doing something in particular, mostly when the pc in chilling with no stress. They started one month after the pc was build and running smooth. Here are the specs: MoBo:MSI B450A-Pro Max GPU:...
  7. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...
  8. Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months: Windows 10 OS BUILD 19041.572 The bsod's have begun around 4 months ago and i have been reccuring almost daily.I have reinstalled windows 4 times so far with no avail.I have done stress tests on cpu,hdd and ram memory so far with no leads besides the laptop freezing during...
  9. BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month

BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month: My computer stopped working all of a sudden about a month ago when the screen froze whilst I was watching Netflix. I tried turning the cumputer on but the power light would come on and then after 2 seconds it would turn off. I left it for an hour and swapped the memory around...
  10. Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random

Multiple BSODs over the past month. Seems to crash at random: Heres my minidumps: Attachment 35760 Specs: i5 4690k @ stock speeds, GTX 980ti @ 1416mhz (Gaming 6G Custom cooler by MSI), 24gb of DDR3 (I did a MEMTest on this and it completed fine. Peripherals: Steelseries Rival gaming mouse, Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid, Logitech C270...