Windows 10: BSOD crashing

Discus and support BSOD crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello i keep getting BSOD randomly happens on start up 2 or 3 times before it stops for awhile and sometimes while using chrome or playing games not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WallyG, Jun 17, 2017.

1. WallyG Win User

BSOD crashing

hello
    i keep getting BSOD randomly happens on start up 2 or 3 times before it stops for awhile and sometimes while using chrome or playing games not sure whats causing the BSOD, the errors i get is either bad pool caller or bad pool header

Any help be greatly appreciated thanks

:)

WallyG, Jun 17, 2017
  2. johnptd Win User

BSODs on windows 10, don't know which driver is failing

You best bet to get some answers on this is to go the the Windows Ten BSOD Crashes and Debugging Forum located

here
    . They do a good job of analyzing BSOD issues.

JohnD

johnptd, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 17, 2017
  4. WallyG Win User

BSOD crashing

sorry i put this post in the wrong area could some move it to the BSOD part please

WallyG, Jun 17, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Hi WallyG,

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) shutdown /r

6) Have you been or do you do any over clocking?

7) When you did the startup repair what was happening?

8) Turn off Windows fast startup:

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

9) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs. This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool When the 8 runs have completed please post images into the thread.

10) run one of these drive tests and post images into the thread after the studies have completed.

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
    HD Tune website
    Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

zbook, Jun 18, 2017
  6. WallyG Win User
    windows verison 1607 OS build 14393.1358Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.14393.0Image Version: 10.0.14393.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 363520 file records processed.File verification completed. 9559 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 429646 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 33064 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 36529120 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 116706303 KB total disk space. 64266340 KB in 320716 files. 188100 KB in 33065 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 472687 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 51779176 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 29176575 total allocation units on disk. 12944794 allocation units available on disk.ive not done any overclocking, startup repair always came up with failed or couldn't complete repair

Attachment 142077
    Attachment 142078
    i have run it 3 more times but just the same results

WallyG, Jul 1, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    A minimum of 8 runs are needed otherwise there can be false negatives.
    The more runs the better.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community

Code: asmtxhci ASMedia XHCI Service ASMedia XHCI Service Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 8,192 385,024 0 07/10/2016 08:25:29 C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\asmtxhci.sys 4,096[/quote] Code: iaStorA Intel Chipset SATA RAI Intel Chipset SATA RAI Kernel Boot Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 782,336 0 17/03/2017 14:32:24 C:\Windows\system32\drivers\iaStorA.sys[/quote] asmtxhci.sys Asmedia USB 3.0 driver http://www.asmedia.com.tw/eng/e_prod...3&cate_index=0
    iaStorA.sys Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver Drivers & Software XP

1) uninstall driver asmtxhci.sys : open device manger > expand USB serial bus controllers > identify the asmedia product > click properties > driver > uninstall
    reinstall: from ASMedia Technology Inc. 祥碩科技

2) update driver iastora.sys using the device manage > storage controllers > Intel chipset SATA RAID controller > properties > driver >
    Uninstalling the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver - Microsoft Community
    reinstall: Drivers & Software
    Intel® Driver Update Utility

zbook, Jul 1, 2017
  8. WallyG Win User

BSOD crashing

I've uninstalled the ASMedia but within few minutes its back again without me reinstalling it and i done the second option for intel chipset, as the first option wouldn't let my PC boot up after i followed the instructions. With the second option i got to number 14 but i still have iastorA.sys showing on driverview when i go onto device manger and show hidden devices Non-plug and play drivers doesn't show up on the list at all

WallyG, Jul 2, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Don't uninstall drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer, they are reinstalled at startup because they are required by a part of your system.

Instead, update or reinstall both the USB and Intel RST drivers from the motherboard manufacturer support page.

axe0, Jul 2, 2017
  10. WallyG Win User
    ive reinstalled the drivers from msi website for my motherboard but im still crashing

WallyG, Jul 11, 2017
  11. please upload a new dm log collector zip

BSODHunter, Jul 11, 2017
  12. WallyG Win User
    this is the latest DM log

WallyG, Jul 12, 2017
  13. BSOD crashing

All BSOD dumps show e2xw10x64.sys

This BSOD is from 11.07.2017. The driver e2xw10x64.sys for Killer e2400 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller is dated 14.09.2016:

Code: 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER (11.07.2017 15:18:06) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption e2xw10x64.sys [14.09.2016] fwpkclnt.sys [28.01.1999] * FWP/IPsec Kernel-Mode API (Windows System File) PROCESS: chrome.exe Usual causes: Device driver, ?Memory[/quote]
    Then u update the driver to driver date 13.04.2017:

Code: 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (12.07.2017 13:19:22) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption e2xw10x64.sys [13.04.2017] PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver, ?Memory[/quote]
    Since u updated this driver to newer version install the whole Killer Suite from here:
    Killer Control Center 64-bit

BSODHunter, Jul 12, 2017
  14. WallyG Win User
    what is the best way to fix e2xw10x64.sys

WallyG, Jul 12, 2017
  15. Since u updated this driver to newer version install the whole Killer Suite from here:
    Killer Control Center 64-bit

BSODHunter, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

BSOD crashing

1. BSOD crashing - Similar Threads - BSOD crashing

2. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  3. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  4. Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's: I have been suffering from repeated BSODs lately. I upgraded most of my PC at the end of last year and have been having progressive issues since a month or two ago. It started with discord crashing whenever someone would view my stream. Then progressed to discord crashing...
  5. Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's

Repeated progressive crashes/BSOD's: I have been suffering from repeated BSODs lately. I upgraded most of my PC at the end of last year and have been having progressive issues since a month or two ago. It started with discord crashing whenever someone would view my stream. Then progressed to discord crashing...
  6. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  7. Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.

Frequent BSODS and crashes after about 30 mins of playing any game.: Hi there, I've been getting frequent BSOD's and game crashes recently and I'm hoping someone can help me analyze the dmp files as I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to it.0x12B_c00002c4_StCtDecompressFailed_nt!ST_STORE_SM_TRAITS_::StDmPageError...
  8. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  9. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  10. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware