Windows 10: BSOD creating VPN

Discus and support BSOD creating VPN in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This system is connected to a Netgear R7000 router and Xfinity TC8305 cable gateway handling my home network. I'm having a series of BSOD's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deadstick, Jun 3, 2017.

1. deadstick Win User

BSOD creating VPN

This system is connected to a Netgear R7000 router and Xfinity TC8305 cable gateway handling my home network. I'm having a series of BSOD's in conjunction with my attempts to configure the OpenVPN capability on the router.

I made the appropriate settings in the router admin page and installed the OpenVPN client on this system. Installation appeared normal until I attempted to connect to the VPN from outside the home network. The client messages indicate a normal connection, but no files or directories appear. The client is trying to use port 12974 on the router, and a port check tool indicates it is closed. The router will not accept a port forwarding request on 12974, saying it's in use by another, unidentified, service. So: VPN apparently installed but not functional.

Now, in the course of trying to get the VPN to work, I've begun to get BSOD's that mention file ndis.sys. Various forums point to an old adapter driver as the culprit, but the driver is up to date. One more detail: After recovering from every BSOD, I get a Kaspersky box saying an application failed to load, and asking to forward a crash dump to them, but that forwarding always fails.

Dump attached. TIA...

:)

deadstick, Jun 3, 2017

2. VPN connection issue

I know that creating VPN Connection is easy todo but still we have issue with this.

1 we create a vpn Connection in some computers the created vpn doent show up.

2we create vpn but when userr clic on the vpn Connection it goes to the create vpn conection window.

3we create vpn user click on vpn Icon nothing happens.

ManoloCuellar, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Eamonm.sys BSOD after installing Checkpoint VPN Client

Original title: Eamonm.sys BSOD VPN

Hi all,

i have an annoying bsod error. after installing checkpoint vpn client my pc gives bsod. After verifier process, i uploaded the dmp file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj-2PjPharvQgYt1xgpdKMfps-6pGQ

What can i do now? I think my all drivers is up to date.

Hasan Köroğlu, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD creating VPN

The latest dump indicates a problem with Kaspersky:
    Code: BugCheck D1, {2000, 2, 1, fffff80c296119d3} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klwfp.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klwfp.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] klwfp.sys is dated Mon Jun 13 05:29:14 2016.

See if there is a newer version of Kaspersky available. If not, uninstall it and run with the built-in Windows Defender which is what I, and many others here, use.

Also, it looks like you are overclocking the CPU from 2.3 to 2.4. Please remove all over clocking and/or over voltage, see if that makes a difference is Kaspersky doesn't resolve this.

Ztruker, Jun 4, 2017
  5. deadstick Win User
    Thanks, Rich. Interesting to note that klwfp.sys as seen in File Manager is five days later than the timestamp you give; perhaps that has something to do with the "Unable to verify timestamp" error.

The overclocking item was a surprise: this is a bog-standard ASUS laptop, and any overclocking present must be the manufacturer's doing.

I'll monitor for a while and see if I can get the BSoD to happen without any VPN activity; if that happens I'll try an antivirus change.

rj

deadstick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD creating VPN

1. BSOD creating VPN - Similar Threads - BSOD creating VPN

2. BSOD after Installing VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after Installing VPN: Hello, I installed a new VPN server today on my Windows 11 pc. Today I've had 3 BSOD incidents. Can someone help troubleshoot? A link to the minidumps is below:https://www.dropbox.com/s/brcehk3aq6giuay/minidumps.zip?dl=0...
  3. BSOD after Installing VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after Installing VPN: Hello, I installed a new VPN server today on my Windows 11 pc. Today I've had 3 BSOD incidents. Can someone help troubleshoot? A link to the minidumps is below:https://www.dropbox.com/s/brcehk3aq6giuay/minidumps.zip?dl=0...
  4. BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark

BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark: Hi there, i've been getting blue screen of death from time to time whenever im trying to use the VPN. It doesnt happen 100% of the time but here are the dump files from the most recent...
  5. BSOD when connect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connect VPN: I'm using cisco any connect VPN on my windows 10, but after connected my PC is blue screen of death error.I have not attempted any troubleshooting yet. Can you please check this issue and assist us further? please find the link of MINIDUMP i attached...
  6. BSOD when connect VPN

BSOD when connect VPN: I'm using cisco any connect VPN on my windows 10, but after connected my PC is blue screen of death error.I have not attempted any troubleshooting yet. Can you please check this issue and assist us further? please find the link of MINIDUMP i attached...
  7. BSOD when connect VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a VPN into my Windows machine: I’d like to be able to RDP in from the internet but I know exposing RDP to the internet is a really bad idea. That’s why I’d like to use a VPN; how can I create a VPN into my Windows machine that isn’t a PPTP VPN (the devices I’d like to connect with don’t support PPTP)?...
  9. BSOD, Win10 Not creating DMP files. Sonic Wall VPN Client culprit?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, Win10 Not creating DMP files. Sonic Wall VPN Client culprit?: Hello, I need help with my Windows 10 PC not creating memory.dmp files upon BSOD. The attached debug files are likely referencing the last BSOD for which a minidump or memory.dmp was created. Since then I have had 2 more BSOD's, each time forgetting to write down the error...
  10. How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Create A VPN Server Certificate?: I have one VPN Client that uses SSTP connection to my VPN Server, but it requires a certificate from the VPN Server and i don't know how to create it. I have this error 0x800B0109: "A Certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not...