Windows 10: BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD

Discus and support BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI LGA1151 ATX Motherboard Intel 6th Gen Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz 91W HD 530 6MB Quad Core CPU Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Famasfilms, Aug 4, 2019.

1. BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD

Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI LGA1151 ATX Motherboard
    Intel 6th Gen Core i5 6600K 3.5GHz 91W HD 530 6MB Quad Core CPU
    Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz Memory Kit
    Palit Geforce GTX 970 Jetstream 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    be quiet Pure Power L8 Modular 730W PSU, 80+ Bronze
    Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
    WD WD60EFRX Red 6TB 3.5in Hard Disk Drive - purchased with PC build
    Hitachi Deskstar 7K4000 (HDS724040ALE640) - added to my build from old pc
    Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 HDT725050VLA360 - empty HD, plugged in earlier as last resort for a clean install of Windows 10.
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Hi,

Since August last year I started having problems with BSOD Critical Process Died crashes, these are only fixed by a complete re-install of Windows 10 but after several months the problems start again.

I only use my PC as a media pc, the only game I play is vanilla World of Warcraft on a private server.

The basic pattern is my PC will start crashing with BSOD Critical Process Died, these crashes start off infrequently but get more and more regular.

After a period of time of experiencing these crashes my PC will say "no disk drive found" during the boot up, I then have to go into the BIOS and set my SSD as the boot drive. Sometimes it takes several attempts at booting up for the SSD to even be listed in the BIOS.

When I finally get to Windows 10 login, it takes several attempts to get a stable login without crashing. I haven't turned my PC off for the last week because I don't want to go through the whole lottery of multiple attempts to get a stable login.

The last time I reinstalled was June, so it hasn't taken long for the BSOD Critical Process Died to re-appear. I don't want to keep reinstalling either.

:)

Famasfilms, Aug 4, 2019

2. BSOD critical process died

I am running win10... have gotten BSOD with the message critical process died. the computer will reboot with about 10 mins of use then the BSOD again with the same msg, will hang for quite a while then reboot. Tried to send dump files but there is no email
    address to send them. I would really like to revert to 7.... Your help is appreciated ASAP.

Stephanie

StephanieQuick, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Buse_Nur Win User

BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD

Critical Process Died BSOD While Gaming

When I'm gaming, I get that Critical Process Died BSOD error.

-I reinstalled windows.

-Deleted GPU driver and reinstalled it.

-Ran SFC and DISM.

-Ran virus scan.

-Watched the temperatures while gaming (never goes above 70-75)

Buse_Nur, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD

1. BSOD Critical Process Died constantly -> Reinstall Win10 -> BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Process

2. Constant BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD Critical Process Died: Within the last month I have had constant BSOD with the error message if Critcial Process Died. No data is collected. In minidump file. At first it was every hour or so. In a week, the intervals have shortened. Now i cannot even have my PC on for 10 minutes without BSOD. Ends...
  3. Constant BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical Process Died: Within the last month I have had constant BSOD with the error message if Critcial Process Died. No data is collected. In minidump file. At first it was every hour or so. In a week, the intervals have shortened. Now i cannot even have my PC on for 10 minutes without BSOD. Ends...
  4. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSoD Critical process died

BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. Constant Bsod "Critical Process Died"

Constant Bsod "Critical Process Died": Hello, recently my PC started to Blue screen with the Critical Process Died error. Sometimes It blue screened every few hours, or every 5 minutes, now it blue screens within a minute of booting up. at one point it said I had no boot drive I have tried using the SFC /scannow...
  10. Constant Critical Process Died BSOD

Constant Critical Process Died BSOD: I get these random critical process died BSOD when I'm doing random things -- watching a movie or playing a video game. It happens during internet browsing as well. Please help. 24351