Windows 10: BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, How do I identify and solve the problem?

Discus and support BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, How do I identify and solve the problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There doesn't sem to be any rhyme or reason to the BSOD. I could be simply surfing the web using Chrome and it will just shut down on me. After it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mattsonberg, Jul 20, 2016.

1. BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, How do I identify and solve the problem?

There doesn't sem to be any rhyme or reason to the BSOD. I could be simply surfing the web using Chrome and it will just shut down on me. After it reboots it boots to the BIOS settings instead of Windows 10. If I unplug the power and remove the battery for a second the next time I boot up it will boot to Windows as normal.

Any ideas?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 @ 2.60GHz 43 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G551JW (SOCKET 0) 43 °C
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (ASUStek Computer Inc) 36 °C
    ForceWare version: 364.51
    SLI Disabled
    Storage
    1863GB Seagate ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD (SATA) 30 °C
    111GB SC2 mSATA SSD (SSD) 30 °C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUC0N
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

:)

mattsonberg, Jul 20, 2016

2. BSOD - Help

On windows 10 machine, got the BSOD - I can't restart in safe mode. I've run the automatic repair process - which resulted in the BSOD....but did end up with a critical process died error.

The first time I got the BSOD the error message referenced MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Any ideas how to proceed?

carolcaissie, Jul 20, 2016
  3. can i use windows.old folder as my recovery disk

So actually I am facing bluescreen critical process died error how can i solve this?

TipuSultan005, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, How do I identify and solve the problem?

The last dump is from April which is very old. Please check C:\Windows\minidump and see if there are any more recent. If yes, zip up the newest 5 or so and upload here.

I looked at a couple of the latest ones and one indicated a problem with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys[/quote] Your driver is fairly old in Nvidia time frame: 3/8/2016 12:42:16 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Version 364.51

Try installing the latest available: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/105039/en-us
    Code: Version: 368.81 WHQL Release Date: 2016.7.14 Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 343.87 MB[/quote]

Ztruker, Jul 20, 2016
  5. OK, I checked the minidump folder you mentioned and do not see any more recent entries. I've also updated the video driver. Should I rerun the dmlog report?

mattsonberg, Jul 20, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No, not unless you get another BSOD.

Ztruker, Jul 21, 2016
  7. OK, I got another BSOD. Here is the new dm log file.

mattsonberg, Jul 21, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

No new dumps, newest is still 4/16/16.

The last thing that was done before the BSOD was installing a printer driver update for

Code: RICOH MP C3503 (Copy 1) RICOH Class Driver Plus WSD-e6507125-b8bd-453b-a4db-ad1e06d54271.0063[/quote] Code: Driver Management concluded the process to install driver prnrccl1.inf_amd64_c2cea5cd6d2f4b1b\prnrccl1.inf for Device Instance ID SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-E6507125-B8BD-453B-A4DB-AD1E06D54271.0063 with the following status: 0x0.[/quote] Looks like you have, or had, 5 printers installed.

Without a dump it's impossible to say what actually caused the BSOD.

Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, How do I identify and solve the problem? - Similar Threads - BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?: It happened when i was following a video about getting more performance and tweaking some registry stuff, yeah i know that you shouldnt mess with the registry editor but i was desperate for good performance, when i restarted this happened.Things i tried:Restore point Didnt...
  4. How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?: It happened when i was following a video about getting more performance and tweaking some registry stuff, yeah i know that you shouldnt mess with the registry editor but i was desperate for good performance, when i restarted this happened.Things i tried:Restore point Didnt...
  5. How do i fix "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" BSOD?

6. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  7. BSoD Critical process died

BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  10. Can’t Solve Critical Process Died

Can’t Solve Critical Process Died: For a couple of days ive been looking up solutions to my problem. Firstly, know that i can not boot into any safe modes. My error is Critical Process Died... ive tried the sfc scannow method but i get an error at a 100 percent. Ive tried the dism methods to fix this and...