Windows 10: BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please.

Discus and support BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I've been facing this BSOD error ever since last night. Since then, I've been having this BSOD on boot endlessly without ever booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by REDDOOMMER, Oct 31, 2020.

1. BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please.

Hello. I've been facing this BSOD error ever since last night. Since then, I've been having this BSOD on boot endlessly without ever booting successfully once. Before this plight, I had done a System Restore that was from about two weeks ago, in order to restore web cache for a website. After that, windows had restarted with no issues. However, some things I noticed is that Chrome wouldn't open no matter how many times I clicked the icon. A windows store application that modified the taskbar didn't start. I also then disabled Antimalware Service Executableaka Windows Defender with an application called Defender Control v1.6. I'd like to note that I've had this application for a while on two different computers and haven't faced any issues with it specifically. I then had pressed down on the power button to the computer for about 2-3 seconds, shutting down the computer and turning it on again. That is when I was faced with this Critical Process Died BSOD error and haven't been able to get rid of it ever since.

I've tried several supposed solutions to this issue and so far no avail. Automatic/Startup Repair does absolutely nothing. I can't boot in Safe Mode without being faced with the same BSOD. System File Checker results in "Window Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Chkdsk D: /r gets me "The type of the file system is NTFS. Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount on this volume? Y/N". This seems very risky and I don't want to cause any more issues to this computer than currently present. I've tried to do a System Restore. It seems that I have three restore points available but I'm unable to use any of them. The Drive "Local Disk C:System" is uncheckable with the Status of "You must enable system protection on this drive" on the "Confirm disks to restore" part of the program. I tried to use Repair on a bootable USB device and it hasn't helped anything.

Some peculiar things noticed is that while I tried to boot into safe modein addition to getting the BSOD error afterward of course is that I'd get a SMART Disk Error. It's for "Hard Disk 1", which is a Kingston USB that I've replaced weeks ago that caused this very same SMART errorwhich fixed it and haven't seen it again until now. It doesn't make any sense that I'm getting an error for a disk that isn't even connected to the computer anymore. When I view Startup Repair logs from Notepad in cmd: "Root Cause found: Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.". I also noticed within notepad, viewing Devices and drives, that there are two separate drivers named "SYSTEMC:" and "Local Disk D:". I believe that these two drivers are supposed to be "Windows C:" but they seem to be separate drivers now for reason.

It really seems to be hopeless in getting my computer to order. I really want to avoid any option that involves deleting any of my many years of data on this computer. Please help me.

:)

REDDOOMMER, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 31, 2020
  3. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 31, 2020
  4. BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please.

1. BSOD Critical Process Died On Boot. Very urgent help needed immediately, please. - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Process

2. BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD CRITICAL PROCESS DIED HELP: Been getting a BSOD every 4 hours to 1-2 days and if I restart my pc, it will happen again in that same time interval I have 4 dump files but can't seem to be able to fix my issue. This is the link for the 4 dump files please help....
  3. critical process died need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process died need help: i can't get into windows because critical process keeps dying. i would just do safe mode but that won't work either. system restore doesn't work. reset doesn't work. uninstall update doesn't work. SFC doesn't work. DISM doesnt work. CHKDSK doesn't work. i don't have a USB to...
  4. critical process died need help

critical process died need help: i can't get into windows because critical process keeps dying. i would just do safe mode but that won't work either. system restore doesn't work. reset doesn't work. uninstall update doesn't work. SFC doesn't work. DISM doesnt work. CHKDSK doesn't work. i don't have a USB to...
  5. critical process died need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Critical Process Died BSOD Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died BSOD Help: I need help with a HP Z620 with Windows 10 Pro. I am getting the critical process dies BSOD. I have tried running chkdsk, DISM, and SFC /scannow with no luck. System restore shows no restore points either. I have uploaded the mini dump file in the link below. Any help would...
  7. Critical Process Died BSOD Help

Critical Process Died BSOD Help: I need help with a HP Z620 with Windows 10 Pro. I am getting the critical process dies BSOD. I have tried running chkdsk, DISM, and SFC /scannow with no luck. System restore shows no restore points either. I have uploaded the mini dump file in the link below. Any help would...
  8. BSOD Critical Process Died HELP!

BSOD Critical Process Died HELP!: I've been having an issue for a while now. I've reinstalled Windows, done everything I can find from other articles on this website and still have no solution. PLEASE someone help me! Below is a link to my most recent DMP file. I have done sfc scannow, dsk checks, memtest,...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Critical Process Died Help: A few months ago, my hp laptop was stuck on a automatic repair boot loop, i magnates to fix it and factory reset windows 10, but ever since I keep getting the blue screen of death. It happens at random times usually within 10 minutes of opening my laptop, and when I run or...
  10. Help Please: BSOD Critical Process Died

Help Please: BSOD Critical Process Died: My laptop is Leveno running Window 10. I got BSOD a lot recently, sometimes while using the laptop surfing on the Internet and sometimes activating it from standby. The errors I got were Critical Process Died, 000021a, and kernel error I have uploaded the error files for your...