Windows 10: BSOD - Critical process Died - Unmountable Boot Volume

Discus and support BSOD - Critical process Died - Unmountable Boot Volume in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC. it was working fine few days ago. i then Installed Wampserver latest edition, but before doing this it asked me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rafhelp, Oct 31, 2016.

1. rafhelp Win User

BSOD - Critical process Died - Unmountable Boot Volume

I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC.

it was working fine few days ago.

i then Installed Wampserver latest edition, but before doing this it asked me to manually update ALL the Microsoft VC Redistributables.

I did all that.

i then had a program called Advanced System Care From IObit. It said it found some optimizations for my PC to speed up booting, hard drive read speed and few other things. I did all this and a registry clean using their software.

I restarted pc. Later i went to play music and found i had no sound. i had not touched the sound drivers. The Windows Audio service was still running, i even restarted it.

I then put pc to sleep. but then it wouldnt fully wake up. While waiting for it i got the first BSOD with a "Critical Process Died"

Next time i started i uninstalled audio drivers and installed original ones from manufacturers dvd. Didnt work. I then tried to update using driver software, it took ages to do then never worked. Then while browsing firefox, pc freezes and i get the same BSOD.

i then went into windows repair mode and used chkdsk /r c: to check c drive it found and fixed few errors.

Restarted and then i got the freezing and bsod again.

tried a few more things like sfc in repair mode cmd.

but then when trying to start it gives BSOD before windows even loads. it says different things unmountable boot volume.. other times something about kernel and bad config.

I used a program called HDD regenator to check the HD it found no bad sectors.

Now i wanted to do a fresh install of Windows on the second partition on that HD. But windows doesnt recognize the HD and says it cant install to it, nor does it give me the option to format the partition.

Id like to transfer files from the windows partition out..but how do i access them now

:)

rafhelp, Oct 31, 2016

2. Hard drive shows 100% utility in Windows 10

Original title: PLZ help 100% disl critical process died + unmountable boot volume

Hi I have a lenovo yoga 3 pro and im realy tired ofwindows 10 problems!!!!

Its been 3 times that I reinstall w10 and my laptop crashed showing:

critical process died

unmountable boot volume

he finaly openbut he is sooo slow... the hard drive showing 100% utility same like last time and I know its not good inquiries....

What can I do with it ??

plz help

OlivierAziz, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 31, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi rafhelp,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

axe0, Nov 4, 2016
  5. rafhelp Win User
    Well i think ive done all i could.

ive had to get new hd.

the old one i managed to get files off by using chkdsk /f

for some reason the very last time i used this it workled before that it kept saying it cant do it cos its a RAW drive. But before that i used a dos based bootable program called GPARTED LIVE to UNMARK the partition as boot. then chkdsk worked. maybe it was a problem with the boot sector. i dont know.

im not sure now if its the drive or the software. I might format it fully and then check it and see if it works but doubt it as i get messages from window saying backup as the hd is failing (maybe the SMART feature)

rafhelp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - Critical process Died - Unmountable Boot Volume - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical process

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. Frequent BSODs Critical Process Died / Unmountable Boot Volume on a Custom built PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSODs Critical Process Died / Unmountable Boot Volume on a Custom built PC: Hello. I built a PC and I have been having trouble lately. My pc restarts in a loop and always says critical process died or unmountable boot volume. could someone help? specs: ryzen 2700x cpu radeon rx50 gpu rosewill bronze 80 750 watt psu aorus x470 gaming wifi...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....