Windows 10: BSOD critical process error

Discus and support BSOD critical process error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using my Acer aspire when after re booting I got a BSOD with critical process error It reboots then goes into auto repair, it asks me to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianJenkinsXX, Feb 21, 2019.

1. BSOD critical process error

I was using my Acer aspire when after re booting I got a BSOD with critical process error It reboots then goes into auto repair, it asks me to select account and then asks for password, but it rejects the password, in an attempt to sort I accessed my account on a different pc and changed the account password to no avail it still says the password is incorrect, I am running windows 10 but have been unable to update to 1803 because the BIOS wont update (checked by support)

:)

BrianJenkinsXX, Feb 21, 2019

2. BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Louis12349, Feb 21, 2019
  4. BSOD critical process error

Critical process died BSoD loop

My alienware 17 R3 laptop apparently forced restart to update windows 10 earlier in the day and after the update finished it literally won't start up and is now stuck in Critical process died BSoD loop without me being able to enter safe mode.

Any attempt to entering safe mode results in another Critical process died blue screen and I've tried EVERYTHING that the net lists as a solution.

Tried going back to previous version of windows and it list an error, tried restoring from a previous point and it doesn't show up at all. Hell I tried a complete reset of the laptop and it gave me an error and said it cannot complete the process for god
    knows what reason.

This happened once on my older alienware 17 r3 and I had to get a replacement entirely due to the vendors not being able to decipher the root cause of the problem but one thing is for damn sure, everytime a windows 10 update happens my laptop potentially
    gets killed off...

Seriously, any suggestions? This is pretty frigging infuriating.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Louis12349, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

BSOD critical process error

1. BSOD critical process error - Similar Threads - BSOD critical process

2. BSOD error : Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error : Critical Process Died: Running VM Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac and got this BSOD error:I've tried running DISM /Restore switches and/or other command but they failed with "/Cleanup" unknown switch or something....I'm doing this from Recovery, Troubleshoot, Command PromptUnable to get into Safe Mode....
  3. BSOD error : Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error : Critical Process Died: Running VM Windows 11 ARM on M1 Mac and got this BSOD error:I've tried running DISM /Restore switches and/or other command but they failed with "/Cleanup" unknown switch or something....I'm doing this from Recovery, Troubleshoot, Command PromptUnable to get into Safe Mode....
  4. critical process error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  5. critical process error

critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  6. BSOD error “critical process has died”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error “critical process has died”: I’ve gotten a BSOD error “critical process has died” and I can’t troubleshoot because it keeps on saying the password is incorrect I tried resetting it since it’s my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work so I can’t troubleshoot...
  7. BSOD error “critical process has died”

BSOD error “critical process has died”: I’ve gotten a BSOD error “critical process has died” and I can’t troubleshoot because it keeps on saying the password is incorrect I tried resetting it since it’s my Microsoft account but it still doesn’t work so I can’t troubleshoot...
  8. Bsod error code critical process died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod error code critical process died: So my computer evc-156 1 and for some reason I try to download it doesn't show the SSD or anything when it does show it says I can't download it for some reason...
  9. Critical Processing Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Processing Error: I have recently upgraded my GPU in my computer from a 1660 to 2070. My computer worked fine for a couple days now it keeps giving me a blue screen with stopcode Critical Process Error. I've completely wiped my computer and put a fresh install of windows and still does not...
  10. BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: "Critical Process Died" error: I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 some months ago. After some weeks I started to have "Critical Process Died" error very often. I couldn't figure out why. I've attached the relevant *.dmp files. 29077