Windows 10: BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption

Discus and support BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community, On 1 of my Windows 10 machine, i get a Blue screen at random time about "Critical Structure Corruption". I upgrade most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryo-Saeba, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Ryo-Saeba Win User

BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption

Hello community,

On 1 of my Windows 10 machine, i get a Blue screen at random time about "Critical Structure Corruption".

I upgrade most of the drivers (At least those that I could find) such at the graphic card one.

I tried a memory test from Windows (didn't test with Memtest86 yet) but everything was fine.

So I wanted to pinpoint if it was indeed a driver issue with Driver Verifier with max options but it got worse because I got a BSOD about Driver Verifier Violation.

Good thing that I create a restore point as disabling Driver Verifier with the maintenance mode didn't help to get rid of the 2nd BSOD.

This time I enabled Driver Verifier with " "Create custom settings (for code developers)"" with those options :

I/O verification
    Force pending I/O requests
    IRP logging

I retrieve the minidump after the next BSOD and got those :

On Fri 23/08/2019 21:04:18 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: E:\Crash\082319-46312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1BFCC0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA39FC9E2AAE91808, 0xB3B6D668FD6B4E31, 0xFFFF8A8A12D27DE0, 0x1C)
    Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

The information about the ntoskrnl.exe didn't help me much to pinpoint the issue we can see with that description.

So I enabled a full memory dump (But without Driver Verifier enabled this time) but got about the same result as it's about Windows Kernel too :

On Sat 24/08/2019 02:11:43 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: E:\Crash\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA3A01B5D3E9A4522, 0xB3B727E3911C7A7B, 0xFFFFDC04ADC8AEA0, 0x1C)
    Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Please advise,

Ryo

:)

Ryo-Saeba, Aug 24, 2019
  2. wx8348 Win User

BSOD, Critical Structure Corruption

Dear Ztruker,

Thank you for your advice. I attempted the installation of the latest BIOS version as you suggested.

Attachment 103728

Unfortunately, after updating the BIOS version, I am still seeing the BSOD with the error of critical structure corruption with the computer. I have attached the updated DM log file, hoping that you could provide further suggestions.

Thanks again.

wx8348, Aug 24, 2019
  3. wx8348 Win User

Dear Ztruker,

Thanks so much for the help.

I removed the two 1GB memory modules and run the machine with two 2GB memory modules as you suggested. Unfortunately, the computer still experiences similar frequency of "Critical Structure Corruption" and BSOD. I have attached the updated dump file to help further troubleshoot.

I have also did the memory test with memtest86. As shown in the image below, no errors were found for the RAMs.
    Attachment 97532

In the past with Windows 7, this computer was very reliable. I haven't seen BSOD with this computer with Windows 7. The BSOD issues arose only after I updated the computer to Windows 10. Since last post, I have also updated the computer to the latest Windows 10 version with "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant". But the upgrade did not solve the BSOD (critical structure corruption) either.

Could you provide further suggestions? Your help is much appreciated!

wx8348, Aug 24, 2019
  4. BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption

i was facing this BSOD problem in window , i used some suggestion to solve this problem but failed, but i got some guild lines to fix this error it is very useful and am easily fix this error. if you are having the problem with this u can follow the guidlines for getting this follow the link, click here

shakti0159, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption

1. BSOD - Critical Scructure Corruption - Similar Threads - BSOD Critical Scructure

2. BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption: Hi!I keep getting BSOD while using the computer. Usually occurs during browsing, watching a movie and gaming.Here is the link for the minidump and system info.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amhfad53hivUgpp2PfpMI5T4pq0PzQ?e=uiLMpYHope you can help me.Thanks!...
  3. BSOD - critical structure corruption

BSOD - critical structure corruption: I have not made any recent changes to my system, but I have noticed system instability I get Windows Explorer Not Responding quite often recently.I noticed in my event viewer before the last 2 BSODs that the event immediately preceding the BSOD both times was;The Windows...
  4. Critical structure corruption BSOD

Critical structure corruption BSOD: Hi, my pc keeps blue screening. The stopcode I always get is: Critical structure corruption. It happend when my pc updated weeks ago. I tried alot of ways to try fixing it, sadly no results. I went to event viewer and what it says is: The computer has rebooted from a...
  5. BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption

BSOD - Critical Structure Corruption: I keep getting BSOD while using the computer. Usually occurs during browsing and gaming. Here is the link for the minidump and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amhfad53hivUgpkwI52r0-0_gJ_a5A?e=t5XpHk Hope you can help me. Thanks!...
  6. BSOD - Critical structure corruption

BSOD - Critical structure corruption: Hi all, Built a new pc with brand new parts. Been having 1 BSOD per day consistently for the past 3 weeks. It happens every few hours or so and while doing a variety of tasks. For eg once it happened while gaming, while afk with nothing opened, and once while on gmail....
  7. Critical Structure Corruption BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Structure Corruption BSOD: Hey guys. Twice i've had a critical structure corruption bsod on my fairly new build (less than a month old). I have used WinDbg to get the following debugging details, i'm not knowledgeable about Windows Debugging so I'd be grateful if someone could help me out. Heres the...
  8. BSOD - CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

BSOD - CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: Hi I updated my computer from W7 to W10. Sometimes, I get Bluescreen : CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION I open the Troubleshooter in Windows 10 and I get 2 things : First : L’ordinateur a redémarré après une vérification d’erreur. La vérification d’erreur était :...
  9. BSOD- Critical Structure Corruption

BSOD- Critical Structure Corruption: Hey, so built my own PC. Updated drivers with Nividia Geforce for GPU. Updated anything else I saw through device manager. Andddd BSOD visited me. I've done most of what I can find on the internet for solutions with no resolution yet. One thing I did see was telling me...
  10. BSOD Critical Structure Corruption

BSOD Critical Structure Corruption: Hi, I am starting a new thread since I haven't gotten any replies to my other. I have an older Lenovo desktop computer that keeps giving Critical Structure Corruption in clean boot, hardware clean boot and normal state. It works fine in Safe Mode. I recently upgraded from...