Windows 10: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running

Discus and support BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD whenever using my computer. It's difficult to tell a specific time its happening, but I'm pretty sure its random.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mrsuper, Sep 12, 2016.

1. mrsuper Win User

BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running

I get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD whenever using my computer. It's difficult to tell a specific time its happening, but I'm pretty sure its random. I already completely reset my PC and after installed all the necessary drivers (graphics, sound, network) it started happening again. So I ran Driver Verifier, and with that I just got the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION before I even got to log in to Windows. Also, when this started happening, after I got a bluescreen, I would have to unplug the PC from power and plug in again otherwise I would get an EFI Shell command thing which even after pressing ESC it still didn't go away.

:)

mrsuper, Sep 12, 2016

2. BSOD error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" while waking From Sleep.

Every time I wake up my computer, I get a BSOD saying that a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Štefan Darvaš, Sep 12, 2016
  3. LudwigAJ Win User
    BSODs since yesterday when using GPU intensive programs.

The BSOD is always: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

LudwigAJ, Sep 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please run in an admin command prompt following command
    Code: slmgr /dlv[/quote] a pop-up will show within a few moments, please make a screenshot of it and post it.

5. axe0 New Member
    Have you changed your Windows 10 version?

6. mrsuper Win User
    I have about 2 weeks ago updated my Windows version, as I keep Windows Updates turned off and only install them once every 5/6 months just so my computer doesn't do the very annoying 'Configuring Windows Updates' whenever I need to use it fast. But apart from that, my computer was running fine, but I just decided to do a full reset, because it was getting slow, and FPS in games was low. After reinstalling Windows, and installing all the necessary drivers I started getting blue screens. So I thought windows installed incorrectly or something, and reinstalled Windows again, just to discover the same bluescreen message. I've already tried sfc /scannow.

mrsuper, Sep 14, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    I asked because per your log you have an enterprise version where per the activation details posted you have a pro version of Windows 10. I would like to know what version of Windows we're working with to know what settings are available in case it needs to be edited.

8. mrsuper Win User

The computer is activated through my dad's company windows version. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff, but I know my dad used his code when he bought windows for computers at his company on my computer.
    Attachment 101577

mrsuper, Sep 14, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    I'm only more confused, do you have an enterprise version or a pro version of Windows 10?

10. mrsuper Win User
    Sorry for confusing you, yes I'm pretty sure it's an enterprise version.

mrsuper, Sep 15, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. mrsuper Win User
    I was unable to run SeaTools in DOS mode because my computer has not got a CD Drive. And when I tried putting it on a memory stick, I got the error: The archive is corrupt. Even when I downloaded it again, same thing. Let me know if I should run the Windows SeaTools program but I'm pretty sure it will bluescreen during the process. Anyway, here are the results from all the other tests.
    Attachment 101764Attachment 101765Attachment 101766Attachment 101767

mrsuper, Sep 16, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Please make sure that you follow the chkdsk instructions properly, don't run
    - chkdsk without any parameter in command prompt
    - chkdsk in Windows Explorer
    while troubleshooting.

This is because many issues won't get attention when chkdsk is executed in Windows Explorer or without any parameter.
    Certain things that are getting attention with the right parameter(s) may sometimes be critical to get fixed!

Please run following command in an admin command prompt.
    For this command to be executed you would need to schedule it on a reboot, because the partition needs to be unmounted and because it is the Windows partition which is always in use unless in a (re)boot process or in a recovery environment.
    Press Y when requested for a schedule on reboot and then reboot.
    Code: chkdsk C: /r[/quote]

14. mrsuper Win User
    So I ran the command through CMD and then restarted. It ran for about 20 mins at 10% and then the circle froze and didn't unfreeze. So I restarted the PC and the process started again. This time it ran for 40 minutes at 10% and then restarted itself and launched startup repair. I continued to Windows and got a bluescreen straight away (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED). So I restarted it and didn't run it again.
    Attachment 102062
    Attachment 102061

mrsuper, Sep 17, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    You may want to replace the hard drive, the first screenshot in your previous post shows a very low transfer rate what is a sign of a failing hard drive. The circling freezing could be another sign.

Thema:

1. BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Similar Threads - BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD: every time I open a game, after 2-15mins later it crashes and BSOD and saying that the critical process had died. The crash report is this: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 27/02/2021 2:41:42 PM Event ID: 1000 Task...
  3. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26 Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug Check Code :...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod: Hi! I've been having bsod for quite some time now and decided to perform a clean Windows 10 install a few days ago as a last resort. Today it happened again.. I tried to get more information use windbg myself but couldn't find anything informative. Please help!...
  5. Bsod critical_process_died

Bsod critical_process_died: I used this computer a couple of years with ubuntu. I do not think it crashed once. I then installed windows 10 pro to a new SSD and the problems started. BSOD are sporadic, sometimes days between, other times hours. Most BSOD happens when the computer is unattended. It...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.: I recently put together a system. It worked well for maybe 2 weeks before I started getting this message that says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Im now trying to reinstall windows but it now happens in the windows installation. Other points to note, I did stress test on my system...
  7. BSOD Critical Process Died while running script

BSOD Critical Process Died while running script: Was running Tron (a windows clean up script) while I got this BSOD. I know a bit about windows but had trouble trying to read the dump files. Files are attached below if anyone can help. Background Info : Almost 2 yrs since built, reinstalled windows 10 within the past 2...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  9. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  10. BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died"

BSOD: "Critical_Process_Died": 5 year old Toshiba netbook, purchased with Win7 Starter installed was eligible for and did free Win10 install in July has worked fine, up til last Thursday (October 8, 2015) 10/8/15 began crashing, "Critical_Process_Died". Allows me to restart computer, but BSOD's every two...