Windows 10: BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running

Discus and support BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Is it still possible for the hard drive to be failing even when all the hard drive health software I've tried shows a positive result? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mrsuper, Sep 12, 2016.

1. mrsuper Win User

BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running

Is it still possible for the hard drive to be failing even when all the hard drive health software I've tried shows a positive result?

mrsuper, Sep 17, 2016
  2. axe0 New Member

Yes, I've seen that quite often happening.

Fortunately there are more ways to test a hard drive for failure that are more reliable when the hard drive is a suspicious and the tests don't reveal any problem *Smile

3. mrsuper Win User
    I've just sent an RMA to WD as my hard drive was bought one year ago and is still inside the warranty period.
    Could you list some softwares to test the hard drive some more for errors please?

mrsuper, Sep 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

I've provided the programs I use myself *Wink

There are some other programs, like Crystal Disk Info, that give similar results as some of the software posted.

Thema:

1. BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running - Similar Threads - BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD: every time I open a game, after 2-15mins later it crashes and BSOD and saying that the critical process had died. The crash report is this: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 27/02/2021 2:41:42 PM Event ID: 1000 Task...
  3. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26 Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug Check Code :...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bsod: Hi! I've been having bsod for quite some time now and decided to perform a clean Windows 10 install a few days ago as a last resort. Today it happened again.. I tried to get more information use windbg myself but couldn't find anything informative. Please help!...
  5. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, Lately my laptop has been acting up and crashing. I used verifier to check if the issue is related to drivers, and seemingly it is since it crashed as soon as i rebooted. I looked through BlueScreenView and here is what i can see: 062320-6609-01.dmp 23/06/2020 23:01:41...
  6. Bsod critical_process_died

Bsod critical_process_died: I used this computer a couple of years with ubuntu. I do not think it crashed once. I then installed windows 10 pro to a new SSD and the problems started. BSOD are sporadic, sometimes days between, other times hours. Most BSOD happens when the computer is unattended. It...
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.: I recently put together a system. It worked well for maybe 2 weeks before I started getting this message that says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Im now trying to reinstall windows but it now happens in the windows installation. Other points to note, I did stress test on my system...
  8. BSOD Critical Process Died while running script

BSOD Critical Process Died while running script: Was running Tron (a windows clean up script) while I got this BSOD. I know a bit about windows but had trouble trying to read the dump files. Files are attached below if anyone can help. Background Info : Almost 2 yrs since built, reinstalled windows 10 within the past 2...
  9. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  10. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....