Windows 10: BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ikang_ITFS, Dec 10, 2020.

1. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hello Masters,

Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows:

Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp

Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26

Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug Check Code : 0x000000ef

Parameter 1 : ffffe783`150fe080

Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000

Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+180940

File Description : NT Kernel & System

Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

Company : Microsoft Corporation

File Version : 10.0.16299.1087 WinBuild.160101.0800

Processor : x64

Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+180940

Stack Address 1 :

Stack Address 2 :

Stack Address 3 :

Computer Name :

Full Path : C:\windows\Minidump\112620-10421-01.dmp

Processors Count : 4

Major Version : 15

Minor Version : 16299

Dump File Size : 1.558.868

Dump File Time : 26/11/2020 08:44:15

:)

Ikang_ITFS, Dec 10, 2020

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 10, 2020
  3. NGKH5 Win User
    BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Dec 10, 2020
  4. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hourly BSOD with the error Critical_Process_Died

About every hour I get a BSOD with the error, Critical_Process_Died. The BSOD completes "gathering info" and when it gets to 100% it does not restart. The only processes I have been running are chrome and trying to do malwarebytes scan. I checked the event viewer and every single one of these critical events are listed under Kernel-Power. Does anybody have a solution to this issue that does not include completely backing up my PC?

shivasayian, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

1. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

2. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  3. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  7. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  8. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello,My PC has been bluescreening a lot recently and giving various errors. I have managed to fix most of them one was virtualbox drivers, one was SSD running too hot etc but my computer is now continuously getting the BSOD error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I have reinstalled...
  9. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...
  10. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...