Windows 10: BSOD Daughter's Comp

Discus and support BSOD Daughter's Comp in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here is the zip file from my daughter's computer. She has experienced the BSOD several times. Attachment 127174 80523 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arily, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Arily Win User

BSOD Daughter's Comp

Here is the zip file from my daughter's computer.

She has experienced the BSOD several times. Attachment 127174

:)

Arily, Mar 29, 2017
  2. mumx5 Win User

Mouse pad won't work after Windows 10 update

My daughters mouse wont work either, she needs the comp for school! When pressing the windows key, there was no way of typing in 'troubleshooting' She has a mouse pad, not a wireless or plug in mouse. Please help!

mumx5, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Drorsal84 Win User
    irql not less or equal BSOD when loading videos on full screen (Youtube or other Streaming Videos)

I ran the verifier and my comp crushed right away with the bsod and the irql messege. I had to go to safe mode and write verifier /reset in order for the comp to load again.

I really dont understand how was this suppose to help with anything. anyway here are the DMP file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B86pZH7YhV0XTm5qRjVrel9WZEk

Thanks

Drorsal84, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD Daughter's Comp

Try running dm_log_collector again. The zip you uploaded had only drivers.txt in it, nothing else.

Ztruker, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Arily Win User
    Attachment 127300

Here you go, hopefully this works.

Arily, Mar 29, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Latest dump indicates a problem with the ATI video driver atikmpag.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffff9326309659d0, 0, fffff802e02ab3f7, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+1b3f7 )[/quote] Driver Description: ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
    Driver Update Site: AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download
    Get from OEM for laptops

The one installed is dated Mon Aug 3 21:42:28 2015. Need to check for a newer one.

What is the full model number of the computer? HP Pavilion DV7-xxxxx???

Ztruker, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Arily Win User
    Ok, the only problem I have with removing the Catalyst Control Center is the fact that some games when run the screen will be completely black and it never displays the game but you can hear the sounds of the game playing. I usually have to go into that specific control center to change from high performance to low or something along those lines for the game to be displayed correctly. The laptop does have switchable graphics so I'm assuming it's forcing it to select the higher graphics card over the lower one and I'm worried if I uninstalled the Control Center I won't be able to fix the issue with the games displaying a black screen.

HP Pavilion Dv7 - 4285dx

Arily, Mar 30, 2017
  8. lifetec Win User

BSOD Daughter's Comp

This laptop AMD GPU HD 6300m is a so called legacy graphic product.
    And the latest avaliable drivers are
    See this link from AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...indows+10+-+64

Also you Intel graphic HD driver is very old
    igdkmd64 Tue Nov 27 01:26:05 2012
    This a first generation CPU/gpu and Intel has no windows 10 drivers support at all for this gpu.

So check if you have already installed the latest above driver( try the beta) and hopefully this wil stop the BSODs but it might be that the hardware of this laptop is not fully compatible with windows 10.

lifetec, Mar 30, 2017
  9. It looks like there is something going on with the graphics. It originates either in hardware or software (driver). You have two different BSODs here:

One instance of 0x116 which is VIDEO_TDR_ERROR which means the display driver crashed and Windows tried to restart it unsuccessfully.

Two instances of 0x50 which is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA which means that something (likely the video driver) tried to access memory that either didnt exist at all, or memory that was freed from usage. Either way the memory access is invalid and causes a BSOD.

I would suggest what others have and try to find the most up-to-date drivers for both the ATI card and the Intel HD Graphics to see if this resolves the issue. If it doesnt, it would be my opinion that your ATI graphics hardware is failing. This happens fairly often. I seen it a number of times when I worked at a computer repair store. What can happen, especially with laptops is the graphics hardware will overheat (badly, I might add) and most dont contain any circuitry to shut down the card to keep it from overheating. They will get hot enough to cause permanent damage to the graphics hardware, and Ive seen in some cases where the GPUs have desocketed themselves because of the heat generated. This is especially true for laptops that sit on pillows, carpets, rugs, beds, legs, etc that block the vents from getting adequate airflow.

ArazelEternal, Mar 30, 2017
  10. Arily Win User
    Those drivers didn't work, it froze the entire computer and locked it up. I think it's an overheating issue. I rolled back to Windows 7 and the computer was off after I had instructed it to install update...when I turned it back on said it was shutdown to prevent overheating. *cry

The fan has always ran before so I'm not sure what it is exactly. I've cleaned it out with canned air many times before.

Arily, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Daughter's Comp

1. BSOD Daughter's Comp - Similar Threads - BSOD Daughter's Comp

2. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comp glitch.: I have an Acer pc. Everyone once in a while, it blacks out for a second, then comes back on with the image slightly pixelated. I turn the computer off and restart it, and it's OK for the time being. What does it mean? Is there something I can do to fix this?...
  3. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comp glitch.: I have an Acer pc. Everyone once in a while, it blacks out for a second, then comes back on with the image slightly pixelated. I turn the computer off and restart it, and it's OK for the time being. What does it mean? Is there something I can do to fix this?...
  4. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My daughters laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My daughters laptop: What’s is the point of Hp selling a laptop that doesn’t have enough storage to update windows 10. I have deleted everything not needed to run it has no pictures, videos , music, games ,apps it came with Microsoft office but had to delete to try make room for update. It...
  6. Daughters Password recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daughters Password recovery: My daughter forgot her Windows 10 password and we don't have enough info for Microsoft recovery. At this point I don't care if I have to reset Windows and start over, but you probably need the password to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  7. Not seeing other comps on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not seeing other comps on LAN: I've set up a new comp on home network and would like to share files. It can see one other (of 3) and all of them can see it. How can I get the others added under Network? Is it beacuse it can't see them, or because they're not letting themselves be seen ? Thanks for any...
  8. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890
  9. Ransomware Daughters Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware Daughters Computer: Daughters computer has some kind of Ransomware virus on it. It has set the computers clock back, if you try to navigate to any website a fake Windows Defender web page appears. There is a "Microsoft" phone number and an audio suggestion you call the number. It is on my...
  10. Constant BSOD on older comp (GPU side grade)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD on older comp (GPU side grade): The only thing I've changed on my old PC was that I went from a GTX 970 to a AMD R9 380 4GB. So what I've done is completely formatted the system, and reinstalled Windows 10 64bit, and all the drivers. Windows 10 likes to auto-install GPU drivers, so what I did was uninstall...