Windows 10: BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051

Discus and support BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got a BSOD error on my Dell laptop, I think my first one after more than a year since buying it, after waking my computer from sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kevinlee778899, Dec 5, 2020.

1. BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051

I just got a BSOD error on my Dell laptop, I think my first one after more than a year since buying it, after waking my computer from sleep mode and trying to open 3 excel spreadsheets at once. After the laptop restarted everything seemed to be working fine, but I'm not sure what happened and am worried it'll happen again. The Event Viewer log said I got a 1001 event with error code 0x00000051, but after searching online I could not find a definitive answer as to what this means. Unfortunately, it seems my DUMP file isn't there anymore, so I can't use that to help. If anyone knows more about this error and would like more info and/or the minidump, please let me know. I'd appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/kevinlee778899
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kevinlee778899, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Frank N St31n, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051

1. BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051 - Similar Threads - BSOD Dell Laptop

2. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR on Dell laptop: Hi, Inspiron 15 3520, i5-1235U, 32GB RAM, Windows 11 but upgraded from 10 where I had also this same problem I have huge problem with bluescreens. I have already tried every solution foundon YouTube or Dell Support Pages. I have chcecked with Dell Support Service my machine...
  3. Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs: My Dell G5 15 5587 laptop keeps getting BSODs when I launch games, and once while updating graphics drivers. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 days now. I had these issues before but not so often and was told by this forum that they were due to graphics drivers...
  4. Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs: My Dell G5 15 5587 laptop keeps getting BSODs when I launch games, and once while updating graphics drivers. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 days now. I had these issues before but not so often and was told by this forum that they were due to graphics drivers...
  5. Dell laptop BSOD with varied errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop BSOD with varied errors Windows 10: My daughter’s Dell latitude laptop has been experiencing intermittent BSOD errors. They had usually been happening only with shutting down started in Sept and now happens more frequently when using using the device. The lastest error code was reference by pointer and upon...
  6. Dell laptop BSOD with varied errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop BSOD with varied errors Windows 10: My daughter’s Dell latitude laptop has been experiencing intermittent BSOD errors. They had usually been happening only with shutting down started in Sept and now happens more frequently when using using the device. The lastest error code was reference by pointer and upon...
  7. Dell laptop BSOD with varied errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!

Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!: Hi all, My parents bought me a shiny Dell Inspiron 14 5482 in August of 2019, for my birthday on the 4th of Jan, I received the laptop and low and behold something was wrong with it, the day after i put a support request in because the WiFi card wasnt working, Later the...
  9. Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop

Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop: I have been having difficulties with BSODs on a Dell laptop since I purchased it new in December, 2018. I recently had to send the laptop to Dell for service they replaced a bad keyboard, and I also asked them to look at the BSODs. What they did was reinstall Windows. I...
  10. BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051)

BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051): Good Evening, So before I blow out my m.2 drive with a new OS, I figured I would attempt and try to fix this issue that started 2 days ago. My system likes to blue screen randomly anywhere from 5 to 120 minutes regardless of idle, gaming or anything. The error is always...
Tags: