Windows 10: BSOD display driver

Discus and support BSOD display driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I been having issues with my AMD radeon HD 6670 drivers, I'm using win 10 pro, when ever i try to watch a video or play a game a BSOD occurs after a 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Poko, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Poko Win User

BSOD display driver

I been having issues with my AMD radeon HD 6670 drivers, I'm using win 10 pro, when ever i try to watch a video or play a game a BSOD occurs after a 1 minute or less but works perfectly fine if im not doing anything.

Using the verifier, i found out that atikmpag.sys causes the BSOD, so I uninstalled all my AMD drivers and installed new ones, but the problem still happens.

I downloaded the drivers from AMD page,booth amd catalyst and crimsom, but no solution

Please if anyone could help me i would really appreciate so

thanks in advance!

(also my pc is in spanish, so i dont know if you would be able to read the logs,Attachment 145194 sorry)

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Blue Screen of Death error code IGDKMD64.SYS UNSOLVED

When you uninstalled the driver, were you given the option to delete the driver files and did you click 'Yes'

If this happened, then the Microsoft Basic Display Driver should have loaded instead of Intel HD Graphics Driver

Does the Microsoft Basic Display Driver load and if so does the BSOD not appear?

DaveM121, Jul 22, 2017
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED after update to Windows 10

I have the same problem with my Asus ZenBook UX301L and Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 (OS Build 14393.82)

Since one year I experience crashes (BSOD), display freezes (a few seconds or permanent), display driver restarted by Windows.

The problem seems to come from display driver compatibility with this hardware. This PC worked fine on Windows 8 and windows 8.1.

I regularily updated the driver from Intel driver download. The last version
    15.40.25.4463 (20.19.15.4463 reported by Windows Device Manager).

It would be nice to have a true analysis of the problem with this computer and it's display under Windows 10. The generic BSOD documents aren't helpfull.

Thanks, Regards

RenaudBancel, Jul 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD display driver

BSOD display driver [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. Abaculus Win User
    Have you tried removing the AMD drivers and reverting to the generic Windows graphics drivers? Alternatively, you could boot into Safe Mode and check if it crashes there, if it does, then it could indicate an issue with the hardware.

Abaculus, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Poko Win User
    Oops sorry i forgot to mention that, I ran memtest 10 times and no error was found, I even removed and switched the sticks (2 ram of 4gb)

I removed the drivers using the amd cleaning utility, when there was nothing left, only the bad resolution one, I ran the driver verifier to check if for anything and no BSOD or reboot.

7. Abaculus Win User
    How long did you run Driver Verifier for?

Have you attempted to boot into Safe Mode?

Abaculus, Jul 22, 2017
  8. Poko Win User

BSOD display driver

I ran driver verifier for a couple of hours maybe 2 or 3, I havent tried anything on safe mode only disabling the verifier and cleaning the AMD drivers.

9. Abaculus Win User
    The recommended period for Driver Verifier is typically between 24 to 48 hours. I would suggest booting into Safe Mode and checking it crashes.

Abaculus, Jul 22, 2017
  10. Poko Win User
    Alraight, i will boot into safemode and tonight i will leave the compute with the verifier on
    Should I do it with no AMD drivers right ?

11. Abaculus Win User
    Yes please, Safe Mode will only boot with Windows drivers, I wouldn't bother with Driver Verifier in Safe Mode.

Abaculus, Jul 22, 2017
  12. Poko Win User
    No there were no crashes on safe mode, the bsod normally only happens when watching a video or playing a game, other than that I works perfectly

13. Poko Win User

BSOD display driver

Something as caught my attention, while on bad resolution mode with not a single driver, i tired playing a video and a BSOD happened, i tried again an BSOD.
    I ran the verifier but nothing
    I used bluescreenview and saw that FLTMGR.sys , luafv.sys and NTFS.sys are conflicting with ntoskrnl.exe

Attachment 145281

This are the latest dump files, who crashed deleted the other

14. Abaculus Win User
    How long were you in Safe Mode for?

Could you please run Driver Verifier for the recommended period of time?

Abaculus, Jul 23, 2017
  15. Poko Win User
    I was in safe mode maybe one hour or two.

I'm gonna run driver verifier for now, i let you know about that tomorrow

Thema:

BSOD display driver

1. BSOD display driver - Similar Threads - BSOD display driver

2. Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver: Hello,For the past several months, I've had constant BSoDs caused whenever my Intel Graphics Driver is activated, I get different error messages everytime but the ones I can remember are VIDEO_TDR_MEMORY_FAILURE, dxgkrnl.sys, DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR might not be exactly...
  3. display driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    display driver: I have repeatedly received notification that the display driver is not operating properly. When I troubleshoot the problem, the response is that all drivers are up to date. What can I do?...
  4. display drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display drivers: How Can I view my display drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-drivers/919ea4c1-a976-4256-9f8b-48dfdf26abe8
  5. BSOD Day after uninstalling display driver

BSOD Day after uninstalling display driver: Windows 10 x64 AB350m pro4 motherboard So, I recently had to reinstall my system because I kept getting this problem. What happens now is I start my computer, it runs fine for a day or two, then I get a BSOD. I start it in safe mode (sometimes it won't even start), and I...
  6. display drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display drivers: how do I know if my display drivers are up dated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-drivers/b78ba099-cb40-448e-a7b2-4a3db8f09499
  7. display drivers

display drivers: How do I locate a 'second screen driver' online to install in my Toshiba Satellite laptop. It won't accept a second monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-drivers/83341647-fe1c-4dd3-8c8b-c67db7e81453
  8. display drivers

display drivers: I just updated my windows 10 and cannot adjust the brightness. How can i adjust my brightness on my PC, have tried many ways and failing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-drivers/b7b6a58c-fb33-4529-9d0f-7a680ff88ea8
  9. BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes

BSOD accompanied by display driver crashes: Just a quick bit of background information. I have been having a lot of GPU driver crashes (Display driver has stopped working and has recovered) and the occasional random restart with my PC recently, I took someone's advice and prevented automatically rebooting after a...
  10. BSOD during display driver install...

BSOD during display driver install...: Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of three identical laptops in my office (other two are still on Win7). No external displays being recognized through VGA display...