Windows 10: BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause

Discus and support BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a month ago I finally had to take the plunge into the most recent Win10 update (1809) despite my hesitance. Last time I updated, I encountered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chaka Khan, Mar 17, 2019.

1. BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause

About a month ago I finally had to take the plunge into the most recent Win10 update (1809) despite my hesitance. Last time I updated, I encountered this same frequent BSOD (unexpected store error) and while I was able to revert to the previous version, the option is no longer available to me. I was able to generate and read the dump file which mentioned IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified and also kept mention my hard disk drive.

What's weird about this is that when I try to scan my SSD (where windows + most programs are stored, I use my HDD for everything else) I crash my computer, sometimes not even generating the BSOD. Even weirder is that every single disk health utility I've used (Crystal disk, different cmd prompts) has turned up nothing and reported perfection.

My vague idea is that my SSD or HDD are failing since I've made sure that all my drivers are good, anti-virus disabled (Windows Defender only), etc and this is the only potential cause. I've attached the log and dump file at the bottom, I really hope you guys can help me with this and sorry for the long post.

:)

Chaka Khan, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Mar 17, 2019
  3. hoax32 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Mar 17, 2019
  4. hoax32 Win User

BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause

BSOD Hardware Caused???

K...5 hours of mem test = no problems... *Wtf :wtf:
    Could a bad bettry pack cause it to BSOD?
    Windows suggested me to replace the battery pack soon!
    And btw....BSOD only happens on about every 5th boot up.....never during windows (played 5 hours CoD and let the unit stay on for 24 hours)....so I doubt that its a hardware problem :/
    There should be nor reason, why a CPU would fail at a simple task like a bootup but not during CPU stress tests or gaming...

hoax32, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause

1. BSOD doing general tasks, vague idea of cause - Similar Threads - BSOD doing general

2. BSOD, no idea whats causing it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, no idea whats causing it.: minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OQCb6QMNRxe3uyKcSUei2yhCvyHdN8wb/view?usp=sharing pc randomly gives bsod error, I've run windows memory diagnostics and everything was clear, no error came up, I've tried updating audio, network, GPU, etc drivers but nothing...
  3. BSOD , no idea what is causing it

BSOD , no idea what is causing it: Computer crash today and no idea what caused it. Can you help me please, below are the dumps https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qiy8lx3nt7grhyu/AACHg6CuPo2_I-Udc6zXXY7ta?dl=0 Thank you so so much!...
  4. Out of ideas what causing my BSOD errors...

Out of ideas what causing my BSOD errors...: Hello everybody, So I’ve got a problem that persists for two years now, but as it didn’t get worse I could live with it. Now I’ve got time so I’m trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my PC. The symptoms: Rare BSOD errors, very unpredictable without any...
  5. BSOD - No idea what I'm doing

BSOD - No idea what I'm doing: Hey All, I've been getting BSOD lately, the last couple i had were Irql not less equal and clock watchdog timeout I've retrieved the dump files but have not idea where to upload them Any pointers would be appreciated Thanks, Josh...
  6. Any idea what's causing this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea what's causing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spectre696 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heqf6o/any_idea_whats_causing_this/
  7. Constant BSODs, each with different cause, running out of ideas

Constant BSODs, each with different cause, running out of ideas: I have had many crashes on my computer recently, and they are becoming more and more frequent (up to several per day now), and have tried every possible fix listed on help sites with nothing seeming to work. According to the minidump files created from the BSODs I am getting,...
  8. Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks

Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks: Hi. After trying multiple solutions I have come here hoping for a solution. My system has been crashing for a long time now, after trying windows debugger, the issue usually is the ntkrmpl.exe . I have attached the Crash file below Please help. 72108
  9. Weird BSOD on Windows. Have no idea what is causing it

Weird BSOD on Windows. Have no idea what is causing it: Hello! I bought a new Alienware 17 a few weeks ago and i'm having unexpected crashes. I've tried updating the BIOS, the drivers (Storage, etc). Uninstalling some applications, etc. I tried to see whats wrong by googling but even trying what they state still causing a...
  10. BSOD in general use

BSOD in general use: Hi, new PC build here, yet have had a few crashes (6). First one at the start of the month was a KMODE EXCEPTION which was likely due to not enough vcore on my overclock, but since then it has been DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS EQUAL, seemingly by NETIO.SYS or ntoskrnl.exe. 77194