Windows 10: BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034

Discus and support BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I started getting the BSOD DPC Watchdog about a month ago after updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I updated all my disk drive firmware and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TDV_206, Apr 27, 2022.

1. TDV_206 Win User

BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034

Hi,I started getting the BSOD DPC Watchdog about a month ago after updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I updated all my disk drive firmware and the only external device is my monitor. The error continued to occur 2-3 times a day and bothered me so much that I reset to factory settings and wiped the computer. I reinstalled everything and started off with Windows 11 this time, thinking it may have been the updating process somehow. This didn't help and I continued to receive the BSOD DPC Watchdog error. I checked the Event Viewer and saw the error that consistently showed up was Dolby D

:)

TDV_206, Apr 27, 2022
  2. TitasZ Win User

DAX API

Hello,

As of very recently I have discovered that in my task manager there is a process called "DAX API" and if you expand it, it says "Dolby Dax API Service". This process takes up about 90% of memory, ~13000 Mb. Is this some sort of virus or a problem that can
    be solved? I have once tried to end the task and nothing of note happened to my computer, sound worked fine and the memory was back to normal. I've seen online that it could be a virus and that you can use a program to scan if it is a legitimate program or
    a virus, but I am hesitant to download any unknown files. Screenshot of the process below.

Thank you,

Titas.

BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034 47c6fc1e-547a-44d2-a76b-3d80a36d5308?upload=true.png

TitasZ, Apr 27, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DAX API

Hi Titas

Most processes, if you google them, you will find reports that they are a virus or malware, this is rarely true, they are just trying to sell you their software to remove the 'virus'

Dax API is part of your Dolby Atmos installation, the best thing to do is totally uninstall that from your PC to see if your system settles down . . .

Then if you do want to run that software, download and install the latest version available . . .

DaveM121, Apr 27, 2022
  4. BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

aah!!! thank you.finally with the right steps APO and update both got installed without any errors. but now as im trying to use dolby UWP the effects r not working. although I'm able to get effects from dts but not dolby. also when im trying to restart the dax service, it vanishes from the list of services menu..no dax api service present

playstation_12000, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034

1. BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034 - Similar Threads - BSOD Dolby DAX

2. DAX API high ram usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAX API high ram usage: hi, i've noticed insufficient ram and turned out DAX API was using alot of ram. it increases gradually from 50mb to 500mb. this problem did not exist before. the ram usage before used to be unnoticeable at the lower part of tasks in task manager how can i solve this? i still...
  3. DAX API high ram usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAX API high ram usage: hi, i've noticed insufficient ram and turned out DAX API was using alot of ram. it increases gradually from 50mb to 500mb. this problem did not exist before. the ram usage before used to be unnoticeable at the lower part of tasks in task manager how can i solve this? i still...
  4. Event 7000 and event 7034

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 7000 and event 7034: Whenever I run something that uses a lot of resources, I end up getting event 7000: [The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.] and event 7034: [The Dell Digital Delivery Service service terminated unexpectedly. It...
  5. Event 7000 and event 7034

Event 7000 and event 7034: Whenever I run something that uses a lot of resources, I end up getting event 7000: [The LMS service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.] and event 7034: [The Dell Digital Delivery Service service terminated unexpectedly. It...
  6. Event 7000 and event 7034

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034

BSOD: Dolby DAX API Event 7034: Hi,I started getting the BSOD DPC Watchdog about a month ago after updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I updated all my disk drive firmware and the only external device is my monitor. The error continued to occur 2-3 times a day and bothered me so much that I reset to...
  8. What are these services? Dolby DAX API Service and Fortemedia APO Control service.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are these services? Dolby DAX API Service and Fortemedia APO Control service.: Hello,I was looking for unnecessary services at msconfig. I saw this two: Dolby DAX API Service and Fortemedia APO Control service. My laptop came pre-installed with Dolby but after trying it I decided to uninstall. But is the service still there, at msconfig?The second...
  9. dolby dax 2 in- en uivoerapparaten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dolby dax 2 in- en uivoerapparaten: Sinds ik Windows 10 heb geinstalleerd werkt mijn audio systeem niet meer, na lang zoeken heb ik ontdakt dat er geen in-en uitvoerapparten meer zijn; waar kan ik deze opnieuw downloaden?...
  10. DAX API

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DAX API: Hello, As of very recently I have discovered that in my task manager there is a process called "DAX API" and if you expand it, it says "Dolby Dax API Service". This process takes up about 90% of memory, ~13000 Mb. Is this some sort of virus or a problem that can be solved?...