Windows 10: BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound

Discus and support BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello *Smile I recently updated my Sony VAIO from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For the last week or so, I have found when playing audio (on sites such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alxrnbrd, Sep 20, 2015.

1. alxrnbrd Win User

BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound

Hello *Smile

I recently updated my Sony VAIO from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For the last week or so, I have found when playing audio (on sites such as YouTube and Soundcloud), the sound cuts out and the stream pauses, and doesn't reload until I refresh the page. This happens several times on a daily basis. Occasionally, the sound cut-out directly leads to 'DPC Watchdog Violation' BSOD.

I am guessing it's my sound driver that's causing the issue? I am not sure though. If you could offer any assistance to help me stop this issue, that would be great!

Thanks in advance *Biggrin

Attachment 38680

:)

alxrnbrd, Sep 20, 2015

2. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Sep 20, 2015
  3. BSOD win 10

hello i have problem with my laptop

i randomly have BSoD dpc watchdog violation it started when i was playing assassibs creed my laptop freezed and got bsod i tried methods from topics hereand recoverd my laptop can someone help me please?

Jan Kryndler, Sep 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi alxrnbrd,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are a few causes for the crashes.

The Atheros wifi driver is very old.
    Please check your manufacturer for driver updates, it needs to be updated.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm athrxstart end module name fffff801`bb160000 fffff801`bb406000 athrx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athrx.sys Image name: athrx.sys Timestamp: Tue Jun 21 10:03:39 2011 (4E00505B) CheckSum: 002A5DE2 ImageSize: 002A6000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Pretty much all the dumps are indicating memory corruption.

BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. alxrnbrd Win User
    Thanks for your reply!

I have now updated my Atheros driver to the 2013 version. I also ran MemTest86+ (through the required eight passes), which found no errors or corruption. I recently replaced the two RAM sticks in my laptop so I wasn't expecting to find any errors here.

Since the Watchdog Violation only occurs when playing music, is it not more likely that the problem is down to a sound error/driver?

alxrnbrd, Sep 21, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The sound drivers weren't flagged so far I checked.
    Because the issue only occurs when playing music doesn't have to mean the cause is the sound drivers.

7. alxrnbrd Win User
    Okay *Smile

Are there any more drivers I should update or anything else I can do to ensure I don't get the violation again?

alxrnbrd, Sep 21, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Could be hard to tell.
    With some people the error was solved by just doing the memtest (with zero errors as results)
    Others have to clean the connection and update several other drivers.

Watch how it goes and try to play music, if any BSOD occurs use the tool again and upload the zip file.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation when playing sound - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC Watchdog

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch: Hello! Ive had next to no problems with my computer, let alone as one as serious as a BSOD, however anytime i try and play Overwatch 2 I eventually run into a BSOD. I can be 4 games in before it happens, or it could freeze up in the queue while trying to get into the game. I...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD When Playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello,My PC has been crashing for a couple weeks now. First instance happened while I was watching Netflix after installing latest NVIDIA driver v512.95 then I rolled back to v472.12 but issue still remains with crashes happened every reboot while watching movies, web...
  6. DPC watchdog violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC watchdog violation BSOD: SYMBOL_NAME: mtkwl6ex+335ceMODULE_NAME: mtkwl6exIMAGE_NAME: mtkwl6ex.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 335ceFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_mtkwl6ex!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows...
  7. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I've been recently getting BSODs with error code DPC Watchdog Violation when waking PC up from sleep mode. My log files and system info can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87I0ekZbOF3WhuIjiI--QnKxbn?e=oOiOh8 Thanks, Daniel...
  8. BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation: Hi, my computer crashed 5 times in the past two months with a DPC Watchdog Violation coded blue screen error. I uploaded the DMP file of the latest crash, the output of Msinfo, and my computer specifications assuming that it may help diagnose the crash. It would help a lot...
  9. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when playing games: I have a windows 10 gaming pc and im not sure why but when playing games, sometimes my PC will freeze and crash to a blue screen and it will give me the error: "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION" and then it will reboot and work as if nothing happened. It happens maybe once or twice a...
  10. BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations): Good Evening everyone! I will start this out by saying I am not an 85 year old grandmother trying to get on Facebook. I have been using computer since I was 8 (1993) and I am, for the first time, at a total loss. I keep getting intermittent BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations). I...