Windows 10: BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

Discus and support BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening everyone! I will start this out by saying I am not an 85 year old grandmother trying to get on Facebook. I have been using computer since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajconca, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ajconca Win User

BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

Good Evening everyone!

I will start this out by saying I am not an 85 year old grandmother trying to get on Facebook. I have been using computer since I was 8 (1993) and I am, for the first time, at a total loss. I keep getting intermittent BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations). I have had this on two computers now, one a stock lenovo small form factor desktop and the other is a rig i just built myself. The only overlapping feature between the two is that I have installed windows on each. I don't really care about the lenovo but the new rig I just bought needs to work; therefor, I am reaching out in hopes to find a solution from a community of like minded individuals.

My PC:
    Intel Core i7-7700
    ASROCK Fatal1ty B250 Gaming K4
    XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition
    TEAMGROUP Elite Plus DDR4 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 2400MHz PC4-19200 CL16 Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V U-DIMM 288 Pin
    Sabrent 256GB Rocket Nvme PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-256)
    DiabloTek PHD550 PHD Series ATX 550w PSU

Other peripherals:
    22" Planar 1080p touchscreen monitor
    x2 19" Sceptre 1600x900 monitors
    Avolusion HDDGear 6TB (6000GB) 7200RPM 64MB Cache USB 3.0 External PS4 Gaming Hard Drive (PS4 Pre-Formatted)- I reformatted when it arrived for NTFS
    A OTA Digital TV Converter (for my plex server)
    A bluetooth dongle, wireless mouse and keyboard as well.

Attempts at Remediation:
    Tried wiping the drive and starting fresh.
    Tried swapping out all parts listed above, one by one.
    Tried updating every driver
    Checked compatibility for all hardware

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at a total loss and about to give up on windows, and go play online pinochle and try to figure out how to post videos to facebook all day long with my grandmom.

:)

ajconca, Feb 12, 2020

2. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Feb 12, 2020
  3. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

According to what I found from your minidump file, ndis.sys is caused this
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD error on your Windows computer.It's a
    NDIS 6.20 Wrapper Driver and installed onto your computer through Windows Update. As far as I know, you have installed new Windows updates lately.

You can uninstall those updates out of your computer, restart your PC and check again the result. Remember to do these steps in Safe Mode.

For more solutions to fix DPC watchdog violation BSOD error in case the above method doesn't work, check it out the following link below:

How To Fix DPC Watchdog Violation In Windows [Walkthrough]

JokerKingLove, Feb 12, 2020
  4. BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

brandonwh64, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

1. BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations) - Similar Threads - BSOD DPC Watchdog

2. BSOD - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: My laptop keep restarting several times showing the blue screen of death with the error "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION"I have tried to uninstall recent software and remove recent updates, but it's not working. I read a post recently here about checking the minidump folder. here is...
  3. BSOD - DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hello,First time posting on these forums/threads, so forgive me if formatting is off. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing these BSODs from DPC Watchdog Violation. Everything was fine up until today, last used computer 2 days ago evening of 5/20/23 without...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSoD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSoD: Hello,I keep crashing whenever I want to play games on my machine.This is the most recent minidump I got from the crashes:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ymy0qTESX16gtAhhZieunaUO8GNWV0Lc/view?usp=sharingAny help is appreciated,Thanks....
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello,My PC has been crashing for a couple weeks now. First instance happened while I was watching Netflix after installing latest NVIDIA driver v512.95 then I rolled back to v472.12 but issue still remains with crashes happened every reboot while watching movies, web...
  6. DPC watchdog violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC watchdog violation BSOD: SYMBOL_NAME: mtkwl6ex+335ceMODULE_NAME: mtkwl6exIMAGE_NAME: mtkwl6ex.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 335ceFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_mtkwl6ex!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows...
  7. BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation: I suddenly experience BSOD due to DPC Watchdog Violation. I am not sure how to identify which drivers are outdated. But what I can remember is that I updated my BIOS for ASUS. I am attaching my Minidump here in case this could help solve the problem. Hope you could assist me...
  8. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I've been getting this error for maybe 3-4 months now.Last night I hard reset my desktop and barely downloaded any applications.I'm still getting the same error.Can someone please help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnmVn5YcbJKNgQ67NQ9wrfHu5V4I?e=VRHvH8...
  9. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I've been recently getting BSODs with error code DPC Watchdog Violation when waking PC up from sleep mode. My log files and system info can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87I0ekZbOF3WhuIjiI--QnKxbn?e=oOiOh8 Thanks, Daniel...
  10. BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation: Hi, my computer crashed 5 times in the past two months with a DPC Watchdog Violation coded blue screen error. I uploaded the DMP file of the latest crash, the output of Msinfo, and my computer specifications assuming that it may help diagnose the crash. It would help a lot...